The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Well alrighty then.

wow . that's crazy . but it does explain something

one Sunny afternoon __ years ago . when I was I bouncing on variety of lab candies . I was walking across a grassy field with a couple of my friends . I tried to explain to them that I needed to use the sidewalk , because I could hear the grass crying when I walked on it

maybe I REALLY WAS hearing the grass cry :eek2: . whoa . . .

79standard

Reaction score
g mornings and afternoons

interesting article . thanks for linking that

and it looks like you're correct . the other two have more to do with traits , than trauma . although I do like some of the weird science behind the research of cellular memory . it gives some plausibility to the idea of past lives ( which I don't really believe in )
I don't want there to be such things as past lives, but the supporting anecdotal evidence is persistent, plentiful, and to me somewhat disturbing.

79standard

Reaction score
How EHX pulls this series of pedals off, I don't know..... Pretty damn cool for the prices...

I have the C9 (not shown), and while I found the chord tracking disappointing, I still love this pedal enough to eventually buy its Mel9 cousin, and that's high praise considering my shaky finances.

The C9 is worth it for the Telstar and Mello Flutes flavors alone, everything else being icing on the cake.

So, yeah, I love EHX, love my Cathedral, my Canyon, my Freeze, the C9, enough to eventually buy the Mel9, the rebooted Attack Decay, Oceans 11, Mod 11, maybe the Platform.

EHX has fire-sale prices, great innovative designs, made in America.... all this is also true of Source Audio, which also makes amazing stuff, but we digress.

Last edited:

79standard

Reaction score
I like Electro Harmonix stuff. I had a Micro Synthesizer in the late '70s early '80s that I liked a lot. It tracked very well and sounded good. The fuzz was gated so sounded a tad artificial but was very quiet. It had octave above and below capabilities as well as a mixer, triggered filter (we called it an envelope follower in those days) and sweep controls. I think they still make them. I would definitely recommend one of those.

With a delay pedal you can go apeshit. :dude:
They still make them, and they still rock.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I have the C9 (not shown), and while I found the chord tracking disappointing, I still love this pedal enough to eventually buy its Mel9 cousin, and that's high praise considering my shaky finances.

The C9 is worth it for the Telstar and Mello Flutes flavors alone, everything else being icing on the cake.

So, yeah, I love EHX, love my Cathedral, my Canyon, my Freeze, the C9, enough to eventually buy the Mel9, the rebooted Attack Decay, Oceans 11, Mod 11, maybe the Platform.

EHX has fire-sale prices, great imnovative designs, made in America.... all this is also true of Source Audio, which also makes amazing stuff, but we digress.
Well , at least you put it to good use .
I bought a C 9 and as with just about everything I get like that Zoom recorder I used it once and it's basically sat there doing nothing ever since.
Nothing at all wrong with the products. It's me. One of the reasons I very rarely ever buy anything for myself or tell people what I would like for Christmas or my birthday because I honestly can't think of anything .
I have absolutely no desire for another guitar as if I can't play what I need to play on what I've got, I might as well give up ...:laugh2:
I can honestly see the C9 and the Zoom being sold before too long but not to replace them with anything else .
My God , that really speaks volumes with regard coming from a line of Swiss mercenaries . Truly frightening in fact and not a trait I am proud of .
Luckily though it only extends to inanimate objects and not to my pets like little Louis who mean more to me than a whole wall of original Les Paul's.
Oh, don't worry, I fit in perfectly with all you other other oddballs in our Hatter thread .
:laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
The above post was at 5:00a.m.
We then went back to bed and just been up again 7:00 a.m. and let him out to the toilet I the garden .
We've forgotten just how much hard work small puppies can be but it's worth it
Now can we get in another couple of hours sleep, that's the question?..:laugh2:

Last edited:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Lauren has accepted a request in her village to sing a couple of Christmas songs this evening in the village hall..
And guess who's roped in to accompany her?...:laugh2:

She's doing " All I want for Christmas is you"
And " wish yourself a merry little Christmas"..
Now all I have to do is work the bloody things out , transpose the keys and write it all out so I can read it straight off.. :facepalm:
Maj 7th's, min7th's and augmented's all over the place..it's not that the chords are difficult it's just writing the whole thing out so you can follow it with repeat bars DS Al Capo's and Codas etc which is crucial if you haven't played it before and are reading it out on the spot....Fingers crossed...:laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
a muso that raised a muso

now you're not just " Dad " . you're accompaniment :laugh2:
:lol:
She came round this morning and I scribbled some rough charts..
At least they worked so will make neater copies later.
If you can both start at bar 1 and end together 120 odd bars later right on the nose it's working :laugh2:
I just put the basic chords in like C, Am etc as a rough template but when playing stick in all sorts of inversions, major and minor seventh's ninth's etc etc.

photostudio_1575725301350.jpg

Last edited:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score

EHX has fire-sale prices, great imnovative designs, made in America.... all this is also true of Source Audio, which also makes amazing stuff, but we digress.
Cool! They make great stuff...

The 'letter'9 pedals do a great job for the price range... Tracking may not be perfect but for the price, it blows my mind how good they are with no special pickup or weird mod required...just plug the damn guitar in and play....

If you don't have a Soul Food (or Hot Tubes, etc.) I think you'd like it too with a tube amp.... When (with guitr V dimed) you crank the SF Volume knob (just boost) and leave the Gain (dirt) at zero, you can find that sweet spot in the amp preamp where it gets greasy and sparkly as hell.... Then back the guitar V down a bit and it gets cleaner....but spin it forward and it is righteous... The amp is NOT cranked wide ass open either to get spanky, doesn't have to with a good boost.... It lets the stank out of the amp early on at lower volume... That tone to me is preferable to any box distortion.... Tubez be dripping grease like a pork butt hitting temp in a smoker... Just don't get better'n that....

I prefer Dickey and Duane type distortion....which ain't... Wide ass open Marshalls loaded with JBLs (totally different animal than Celestions in those sealed back cabs).... Still technically clean but fatter'n a hog in a watermelon patch... You never lose the guitar.... I've had friends that ask how their guitar sounds and you couldn't pull 'guitar' out of that sound in any shape, form. or fashion... It could be a Lester, Tele, ZimGar Teisco, or a damn Sitar, and it would not change a damn thing.... That ain't playing guitar. That's playing pedals...

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
Well , at least you put it to good use .
I bought a C 9 and as with just about everything I get like that Zoom recorder I used it once and it's basically sat there doing nothing ever since.
Nothing at all wrong with the products. It's me. One of the reasons I very rarely ever buy anything for myself or tell people what I would like for Christmas or my birthday because I honestly can't think of anything .
I have absolutely no desire for another guitar as if I can't play what I need to play on what I've got, I might as well give up ...:laugh2:
I can honestly see the C9 and the Zoom being sold before too long but not to replace them with anything else .
My God , that really speaks volumes with regard coming from a line of Swiss mercenaries . Truly frightening in fact and not a trait I am proud of .
Luckily though it only extends to inanimate objects and not to my pets like little Louis who mean more to me than a whole wall of original Les Paul's.
Oh, don't worry, I fit in perfectly with all you other other oddballs in our Hatter thread .
Phil, I think you may be allergic to any technology... You cute pups don't have a bunch of knobbery and switchery and do not come with manuals that you are never gonna read anyway.....

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
:lol:
She came round this morning and I scribbled some rough charts..
At least they worked so will make neater copies later.
If you can both start at bar 1 and end together 120 odd bars later right on the nose it's working :laugh2:
I just put the basic chords in like C, Am etc as a rough template but when playing stick in all sorts of inversions, major and minor seventh's ninth's etc etc.

View attachment 425122
Reminds me of my 20s when I used to fill in for bands in need of a sexy bass player. Couldn't do it these days as I'd need a couple of Hubble telescopes fitted to my eyes to see them. Still gawd damned sexy though, even more so.

What? :laugh2: