The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

cmh6122

Reaction score
G'day all.

Was a good day here. Hope likewise in your locations.
Now that's a pain in the arse... :(

Bloody hell Charlie. :eek:
Still twitch. At the same time I wonder why be I such a candy ass- I have read "The Death of the Ball-Turret Gunner"-
"And when I died they washed me out with a hose."
Am convinced that PTSD is the cause of chemical dependency and lots of mental health issues in nearly every instance that brain chemistry is not the cause (some research suggests that PTSD is passed on to the next generation).
I am grateful to the VA (though were 30+ years late) for the fact I have an ID that states Service-Connected quite prominently. Hope that others that qualify by dint of nowhere else to turn are treated as well as I am at the Topeka VA. I would literally be fucked without it.
Such a cute little tyke too. Kinda makes you wonder what went wrong.

View attachment 424787
Maddie has a 'Hockey Goon' switch that kicks is on occasion at the Bark Park that be the dog-baby version of that.
If I had a choice would rather face that kid and his spoon handle than all the sharp parts dog-babies bring to the table.

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
G'day all.

Was a good day here. Hope likewise in your locations.

Still twitch. At the same time I wonder why be I such a candy ass- I have read "The Death of the Ball-Turret Gunner"-
"And when I died they washed me out with a hose."
Am convinced that PTSD is the cause of chemical dependency and lots of mental health issues in nearly every instance that brain chemistry is not the cause (some research suggests that PTSD is passed on to the next generation).
I am grateful to the VA (though were 30+ years late) for the fact I have an ID that states Service-Connected quite prominently. Hope that others that qualify by dint of nowhere else to turn are treated as well as I am at the Topeka VA. I would literally be fucked without it.

Maddie has a 'Hockey Goon' switch that kicks is on occasion at the Bark Park that be the dog-baby version of that.
If I had a choice would rather face that kid and his spoon handle than all the sharp parts dog-babies bring to the table.
Suffered from PSTD all my life since I was a kid. Didn't know it then of course, only found out I had it in my 30s when I had a severe turn. Does explain a lot of instances I recall over the years I could never explain like not wanting to go out to the point of having panic attacks if I did, always on edge & tons of other bollocks.

I've come to the conclusion I'm stuck with it & it ain't going away, came to terms with it. This is a good sign as I now know the signs & most importantly the triggers. I don't talk about it much as the ignorance folk spew up over yer shoes gets too much. I've heard so many times idiots exclaiming that it's only military personnel who get it. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: It makes you want to give them a right good... insight into it shall we say. :naughty::laugh2:

Always suspected my Dad suffered from it too because of his brutal upbringing & you saying this could be passed on is food for thought indeed Charlie.

Ma is smiling today. :D

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I don't think that those DNA tests have any real value.
Actually I think they were extremely accurate in my case as it told me what I already knew and suspected especially on my mum's side as they come from one particular medieval village and are one of the oldest family names in Switzerland and It's also made a lot more sense even in the last week.
I always assumed they got to own a castle through some heraldic honour in France but but now I have more names it's beginning to make much more sense..The heraldic honours are obviously related to the battles against the the Duchey of Burgundy the most decisive battles of the Burgundian wars taking place in the late 1400's as my family coat of arms appears from 1481.
Probably the battle of Merton in 1476 or the battle of Nancy in 1477 where the Swiss mercenaries basically slaughtered the Duke of Burgundy and his whole army.
I always assumed my ancestors had come from Normandy with the Huguenots during the persecutions but that never made much sense as that would have been in the late 1500's and as I have now found the family name and ancestors go back as far as 1276 in one village in Switzerland it's starting to make more sense.

Last edited:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
if you're curious . take a look into cellular memory . and also atavism ( which has more to do with biological traits , than actual memories )

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
Have a customer with PTSD....I told him about practicing with metronomes was a good thing.... He started using one....
I was talking about practicing guitar/bass...
But...
He found out that when he got a bit wound up, he could turn on the metronome and keep it running in the house for a good while and it helped him center himself.... Interesting...

Mindfrigg

Reaction score

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Some of the more insightful rock lyricists wrote about it. Both Tommy and The Wall had trauma at their core. Townsend kind of resolved it, while Waters just took you down.

Watching live news transmission of the Towers fall...this was going through my head.

And sadly this felt like my theme song for years.

Last edited:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
At least Townsend offered us some redemption. Using Tommy's "gift" of pinball wizardry he gave us a metaphor for our skills as artists. Freaks or outcasts though we might be. And a way out.

Last edited:

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Frank, this should interest you if you don't already know... Midi 2.0. Only took the buggers 36 years to pull the finger out & upgrade the damn thing. Only stumbled upon it tonight.

Midi as we know it is now called... Midi 1.0. :laugh2:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
Years ago, MIDI pissed me off... It worked though I had a hub mounted on my KB vertical stand.....

What really chapped my ass was that the number one thing I wanted was remote patch number entry pad. No magic, just change patches from one location. I would have bought one for each KB and rack module I had if there was no way to switch channels quickly..... Would make patch changes quicker between tunes or during tunes... Could have been used for anything programmable and midi... A keypad on a mic stand for a rack or floor unit...

Oh well.... You can chop an 88 up and have plenty of voices now... Didn't have multiple big engines back then...

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Frank, this should interest you if you don't already know... Midi 2.0. Only took the buggers 36 years to pull the finger out & upgrade the damn thing. Only stumbled upon it tonight.

Midi as we know it is now called... Midi 1.0. :laugh2:

Thanks Sid! Saved to my favorites. I had read references in passing about it but didn't really know anything about it. Good to see that backward compatibility is one of the principle priorities. The only application I might have is in apps and software synthesis since I don't anticipate having the funds to buy any more substantial hardware. Nor the necessity really.
I've got an app for transmitting MIDI via Bluetooth for multiple IPads. Might come in handy there if I can figure it out. :thumb:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Years ago, MIDI pissed me off... It worked though I had a hub mounted on my KB vertical stand.....

What really chapped my ass was that the number one thing I wanted was remote patch number entry pad. No magic, just change patches from one location. I would have bought one for each KB and rack module I had if there was no way to switch channels quickly..... Would make patch changes quicker between tunes or during tunes... Could have been used for anything programmable and midi... A keypad on a mic stand for a rack or floor unit...

Oh well.... You can chop an 88 up and have plenty of voices now... Didn't have multiple big engines back then...
My ancient 360 Systems 4x8 MiDI router just went belly up recently. Dug out my 5x MIDI splitter and ...dead of course. So now everything is daisy chained. Ugh.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
that picture looks like someone is practicing the Spiegel Eye Roll Test on the patient . if you're using that picture to discredit the idea of Tibetan Bowl Therapy . just remember the famous quote

View attachment 424696
Didn't Tesla play keyboard for "Sparks" back in the 70's?
An electrifying performance to say the least.. :applause: