The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

79standard

Reaction score
Two feet of snow with half a foot more to come.

Projected to be on the Capital District's Top 5 worst-ever storms, according to the weather boffins.

This follows a summer of record heat and one severe thunderstorm/tornado watch after another.

Glad to be prematurely retired.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Two feet of snow with half a foot more to come.

Projected to be on the Capital District's Top 5 worst-ever storms, according to the weather boffins.

This follows a summer of record heat and one severe thunderstorm/tornado watch after another.

Glad to be prematurely retired.

Same here. I used to have a 50 mile round trip commute in all kinds of weather. Glad I don't have to deal with that anymore. I barely put 5000 miles a year on my vehicle now.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Every nerds dream guitar...:laugh2:.... :facepalm:

How quick can you change pickups???.:shock:
I don't know as they all sound pretty similar anyway...:laugh2:

I'm sure someone somewhere will fall in love with it though..

not sure if you remember , but last year me and my luthier friend started exploring ideas for swap-able pickups . taking off . not fans of the Relish design . we did put together a test guitar __ based on the famous TV Jones one . shown in this video , and being demonstrated by one of my favorite rockabilly players . Chris Casello

I have played a Relish guitar (not the one in the video, but another one). It was soulless.. felt like a dead piece of concrete in my hands.
I just don't like the way that those are constructed . seems too " machine " to me . I'm sure that some will dig it __ but it's not my thing
Christopher was complaining of ear fatigue with headphones. These look reasonable, work with the hearing impaired, and reduce any hearing loss.

Bone transmitting earphones.

the idea of those make me nervous . understanding what I do about the pressure points in the head ( and around the ear ) . not sure that those are the way that I want to go

something that may interest a few people here ( if they don't already know about these things )

and this one on tinnitus

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Random revelation:

Holy Crap, Phil, I never realized your pal Mick was in Andromeda!! :shock:

One of my favorite bands ever, ever, ever!

Hi Tim,
Yeah, Mick was involved with loads of different projects over the years and Andromeda and Fuzzy Duck were two early ones.
There was a sort of whole pool of us who trolled the London circuit including Tom Compton, Tony Fernandez, Steve Waller, Kevin Coyne etc etc.
Players like Mick tended to be more interested in the whole prog rock thing whereas I'd tend to take whatever was paying including cabaret work which horrified Mick especially when Tom joined me working with various acts....:laugh2:

cmh6122

Reaction score
G'day all.

Cold start, but going to get mid-50s this after.

Welcome Cannon Ball. Any significance to the moniker?

Hey Tom. I join the 64 club today. Gonna splurge on some new socks.

Today's offering.

Hope Ma gives us all a grin.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Forty years ago today.

I was at The Cincinnati Riot a year or so before. (Maybe it was '77?) At that Zeppelin concert 100 were arrested, glass doors shattered, one person killed falling from the upper seats, I was lifted bodily by the crowd and rushed through the doors...barely avoiding being crushed into the divider. If I had fallen...or anyone had...the tragedy would have happened that year. Festival seating allowed me to elbow my way to the stage and see Page and Plant from a few feet away. Inside the stadium people were setting off bottle rockets and Roman candles. It was chaos...but I loved it.

Thunderdome.

Last edited: