The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Unfortunately the only time he's off the lead is when he escapes. We tried to train him as a pup, but he's willful. And very sneaky. He can skulk off before you know it. :laugh2:

I take him for a walk twice a day and will sometimes tie him up at various location with a 40' cable. Next to the pond..under some tall pines so he can roll in the needles, near the creek where he can dig..stuff like that. When I walk him I attach some old horse reins (about 8') to his collar so I can pull him up tight if I need to or let him have some slack. On my own property I'll attach a 20' cable to the reins so he can run and dig and sniff around.

To give him some freedom I loop his 20' lead to an old tire. He can pull it where he likes (within about 2 1/2 acres we have mowed) but can't get through the fence or wooded areas without getting caught. If loose he WILL head off into the wild blue yonder. He'll make it back eventually but he risks getting hit by a vehicle...or as you say, shot. Coyote season is year round and would be an excuse to shoot him if he chased livestock. Also the nature preserve has hunters regularly.

Lucky, our Labradane on the other hand, comes and goes outdoors as he pleases. Always stays on our property unles I go onto the preserve and he accompanies me. I do take a lead with me in case we cross paths with someone as he looks rather intimidating and you know, dogs can be unpredictable. They sense when someone is lacking in character. ;)
So how do they get on together. Do you have any pics of both of them in action?

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Fits him well, right? :laugh2:
Yep. Looks crazy. IS crazy. :laugh2:

To be fair though, it's just his nature to be a little wild. The wolf part, for sure. But like a lot of breeds Huskies are working dogs. Just so happens his job is to pull. A sled, a wagon, a person..whatever you got. :rolleyes:

I had a German Shepherd once that freed a bunch of Cornish Hen's (we had 100) so that he could herd them. Poor thing figured out..you can't herd chickens. We could tell he had frantically tried to put them back, some he had killed by accident...and he had licked them trying to revive them as he knew he was in deep doodoo. :laugh2:

We also had an Australian Shepherd that every morning..when we let him out...would flush every frickin' bird from every frickin' shrub and tree on five acres. Every morning we were greeted with yapping and barking, and birds squawking and scolding. He would even dive under the water in the pond and come up under griebs and ducks. He was dying to do his job. Unfortunately master doesn't hunt. :laugh2:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
We call that 'wall eyed'. Is it the same in American English?
Yes. Mismatched eyes. We had an Australian Shepherd who's eyes looked as if they were looking in slightly different directions. Kind of a Marty Feldman look.:laugh2:

That was Frodo ( aka Mr Underhill). Also affectionately referred to as "Wonky" (the eyes) at times. He lived to be in his later 20s. We miss him. He was very sweet.

Last edited:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
So how do they get on together. Do you have any pics of both of them in action?
Lucky (the Labradane) is very laid back. Quinn (the Husky) is hyper. They get along well but Quinn will get on his nerves when they play sometimes. Husky escalates and gets rough so Lucky has to kick his arse.
I don't have any on this tablet. Just the one I took of Quinn. It's hard to get Quinn to hold still. Plus if I'm out with him I don't want anything in my hands like a phone or camera. I'd probably drop it. I'll try to get some pics of them in the next day or so. He's a trial. :laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Lucky (the Labradane) is very laid back. Quinn (the Husky) is hyper. They get along well but Quinn will get on his nerves when they play sometimes. Husky escalates and gets rough so Lucky has to kick his arse.
I don't have any on this tablet. Just the one I took of Quinn. It's hard to get Quinn to hold still. Plus if I'm out with him I don't want anything in my hands like a phone or camera. I'd probably drop it. I'll try to get some pics of them in the next day or so. He's a trial. :laugh2:
Yeah, love to see some pics of them Frank.
You know me..Totally weird..The only man on a guitar forum that would rather see photos of people's pets rather than of their guitars.

:laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Good Morning folkses! :wave:
Morgen Tommyo .

4:00 a.m....Up with young Louis...
7:00 a.m....Up with young Louis...

Sylvia and I have just gone back to bed with a cup of tea..
So much for tiring him out with a walk at the seaside...:laugh2:

Actually he is very good and cried to go out where he did a huge wee and a poo in the garden so we can't complain .

Just put a hot water bottle in his bed for five minutes then popped him back in where he has settled down...

See you in a few hours...:laugh2:

LPCM&BFG

Reaction score
Next thing will be swiss chocolate where you can swap nuts and almonds or raisins in the middle of a bar.... :rofl:

Seriously:that guitar is lacking in tonal character to me....
I have played a Relish guitar (not the one in the video, but another one). It was soulless.. felt like a dead piece of concrete in my hands.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
A local Gibson dealer used to have a special LP Standard (from the factory) and a rack of Gibson pickups, the LP being designed to quickly swap out pickups for the customer to review. He eventually decided he couldn't afford their franchise years later and closed out that stuff. I was dying to buy it but was between "money cycles" and didn't have the funds.

I understand the feeling about soulless or "dead" feeling guitars. But for me that doesn't apply to oddball guitars like the Relish (do fries and a hot dog come with that?) or MIDI controllers. They're different animals. Like a grand piano vs a synthesizer. Apples and oranges far as I'm concerned.

I had an early Ibanez Artist I felt was dead. Others thought it was a great guitar. The "deadness" thing is often inexplicable. I used the Artist as a synth controller for an ARP Avatar. In those cases it seemed "alive". But not as alive as my '71 Goldtop controlling the same synth.

I even got along with a Yamaha...G10?..or whatever the hell it was. Looked like a DustBuster...all high E strings..and pitch detected via sonar. Felt a little weird, but I still wanted one. :laugh2: