The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

79standard

Reaction score
so I'm just guessing that nobody here has checked out any of those free software synths that I've linked to ( in the past ) ???
Well, I have a keyboard that came with Ableton Live but couldn't run it on Linux.
Now I have a nice used Win 10 PC *and* a nice used Mac, so with my MIDI controller, the world is MIIIIINE!
Oh yes...
Bwaaaaaahahahahahahaha!

79standard

Reaction score
they are great machines . and so much AV software runs great on them . I just never liked the propriety aspect of their whole system . not ready to become part of The Apple Lifestyle yet . . .
I hear that!
I'm not much of a joiner, except for here... and the 500 groups on FB, where I mostly just lurk and drop "Like bombs" so people know someone out there appreciates their efforts.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Well, I have a keyboard that came with Ableton Live but couldn't run it on Linux.
Now I have a nice used Win 10 PC *and* a nice used Mac, so with my MIDI controller, the world is MIIIIINE!
Oh yes...
Bwaaaaaahahahahahahaha!

the only issue that you're going to run in now __ is compatibility of VST instruments and effects . when you get everything set up and in order , let me know

one of the best synths available is also in OSX format . and I have a library of carts ( sound modules ) that someone hooked me up with , years ago

https://asb2m10.github.io/dexed/

BBD

Reaction score
In the meantime, I am basking in the glow of Good Free Stuff.
Very happy to hear about the windfalls Tim. You are overdue some Good Stuff, imho :yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

so I'm just guessing that nobody here has checked out any of those free software synths that I've linked to ( in the past ) ???
I haven't, I freely admit, because I have not the first idea wtf to do with any of it. That said, I might just give it a go now you nudge. Is this thing above a free download? Can it install as-is under W10? Can I just mouse over the keyboard to make a note and then twiddle knobs for crazy tonez?

Is it that simple, at the very simplest?

MooCheng

Reaction score
g afternoons and evenings

I fooled around with modular in the 90s . nothing like that rack mount ( I wasn't that organized :laugh2: ) __ but I had quite a few pieces that I bought from the Russian fellows in the neighborhood , that would build and repair all sorts of different equipment . I got into the computer synths in the early 2000s . then I had to pull away from that " tweaking hell "

not as complicated as it might seem . it *can* get very complicated . but it doesn't have to be .

Richard D. James ( Aphex Twin ) travels to his DJ sets with a very small setup + laptop . about 3 feet x 2 feet

View attachment 405653
what does the knob on the top left do? and what does the one next to it do ? and........

this could go on some time....

morning and evening good denizens of the idyl

MooCheng

Reaction score
Another talented lady for Tim.
Trumpet this time. Check out some of her other stuff too.

thats fine playing,
The Haydn, back in the day the 1st or 3rd movement was the set piece for RSM grade VIII.
Everyone played the 3rd, so thinking they are going to be sick to death hearing it I played the 1st,
That super high E flat fecking terrified me.

As far as I know the Haydn is now a grade V piece, shows how standards have raised

have always liked the Hummel

sliding tom

Reaction score
Probably afraid of the influence of old musicians like that strange guy that sits outside that plant nursery in that picture someone posted in here.......

I'd feel kinda nervous too...

:laugh2:

:thumb:

In the meantime, I am basking in the glow of Good Free Stuff.
Happy for you - Tim-o-goaticus! :applause:

Good day folkses! :wave:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
thats fine playing,
The Haydn, back in the day the 1st or 3rd movement was the set piece for RSM grade VIII.
Everyone played the 3rd, so thinking they are going to be sick to death hearing it I played the 1st,
That super high E flat fecking terrified me.

As far as I know the Haydn is now a grade V piece, shows how standards have raised

have always liked the Hummel

Tine Thing Helseth...Another blonde bombshell on trumpet... :applause:

:laugh2:...Funny how musicians all have their goals on various instruments. With trumpet players it's always super C's etc.
When we did this session back in 69 the trumpet player David Rose had a dose of the flu and felt like crap on the session.
Listen at 1:50 at the end of the bridge with the brass. You will notice the very last note in the run is missed out by the trumpet.
David was trying to put in some ridiculously high super F at the end of the phrase to come in with my guitar F on the first beat of the bar but just couldn't make it no matter how hard he tried and was sweating like a pig and going all shades of red.
After about five attempts and him nearly fainting with a fever they decided to just leave it out, not that anyone in the public ever noticed anyway.:laugh2:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score

:thumb:

Happy for you - Tim-o-goaticus! :applause:

Good day folkses! :wave:

A true landmark!

"Kin ye tell me directions tae the market?"
- Go down this lane until ya pass Ye Olde Farte with the Dorset Take Away Hat and take the left just past.

"How long have ye had the Olde Fart Statue?"
- He's not a statue. He just sleeps with his eyes open.

"I paid the cover charge to the old fart out front."
- We don't have a cover charge.

"I didn't know you had valet parking here. How convenient."
- Ma'am, do you have full coverage car insurance?

:laugh2:

MooCheng

Reaction score
Tine Thing Helseth...Another blonde bombshell on trumpet... :applause:

:laugh2:...Funny how musicians all have their goals on various instruments. With trumpet players it's always super C's etc.
When we did this session back in 69 the trumpet player David Rose had a dose of the flu and felt like crap on the session.
Listen at 1:50 at the end of the bridge with the brass. You will notice the very last note in the run is missed out by the trumpet.
David was trying to put in some ridiculously high super F at the end of the phrase to come in with my guitar F on the first beat of the bar but just couldn't make it no matter how hard he tried and was sweating like a pig and going all shades of red.
After about five attempts and him nearly fainting with a fever they decided to just leave it out, not that anyone in the public ever noticed anyway.:laugh2:

oh' lord super F's only happened on good days, one guy I new could play a whole octave above, not just hit the notes but had the facility to play melodies. They, I tells ya', are not mere mortals like the rest of us :naughty: