The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

MooCheng

Reaction score
my sometimes very twisted sense of humor has gotten me several love letters :laugh2:
love letter 'eh Chris perhaps thats it, as Fards would say, ya' givin 'em the fecking horn :rofl:

I had one guy, the mere apearence of my name was enough to send him off on one, he gave the inbox a real good workout

I had this vision of him sitting at the computer seeing my name and exploding on the spot

Phil47uk

Reaction score
some wonderful music there Phil,

its funny how you can stumble upon wonderful music when you least expect it. Racheal Portman, must admit never heard of her until my wife was watching a film and the score really grabbed my attention.

The whole scores wonderful but this is something special. love the way the second violins sort of vamp at the end of each phrase in the jig

Nice piece of music MooCheng..:cheers:
A sort of call and response going on there...
I must admit I'm a sucker for big major minor changes.

If anyone has time, this documentary on Mozart is worth a watch.

And this is the piece ( mentioned in the documentary at 7:20 ) which was held so sacred by the Catholic church that it was forbidden to be played outside the Vatican that Mozart's father took him to hear and which on returning to the hotel Mozart wrote down from memory...:laugh2:

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
love letter 'eh Chris perhaps thats it, as Fards would say, ya' givin 'em the fecking horn :rofl:

I had one guy, the mere apearence of my name was enough to send him off on one, he gave the inbox a real good workout

I had this vision of him sitting at the computer seeing my name and exploding on the spot
I've gotten some abuse in PM, but not much.

Most folks know better than to mess with Texans :)

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I can see why lots of folk choose to disable pm's

one or two suggestions from the denizens of the wider forum have been colorful to say the least.
I suppose my outlook on it all if not somewhat cynical is that if I like people I will engage with them and visa versa and generally will say what I want to say openly without the need for a friends list containing a load of people I don't know from Adam anyway, as in the big scheme of things it means absolutely bugger all as I'm sure we have all found out in the past.
On rare occasions I might communicate by PM on personal issues with people relating to a matter that either they or I don't wish to discuss in public but generally everything else I confine to this thread with people I find interesting to talk to.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
my favorite performance of that Aria is this one

( note : it was June Anderson's voice used in the Amadeus film . but I think that Diana Damrau does a slightly better job of it )
Rabbit hole coincidence yet again Art but I was going to post that exact same Damrau's performance of Queen of the night and only chose the film clip as it showed his inspiration for the piece with housekeeper nagging him..:laugh2:

If you like Damrau Art check out her performance in the studio...Brilliant!

Listen to her vocal techniques from 1:20 smacking out that high F6.. :eek2: And what's great is that she throws herself right into the part..A true pro.
That section where she whizzes up and down those arpeggios from 1:40 is supposed to be angry in the opera. Watch her expression , mannerisms and vocal control when she sings it... :applause:

Last edited:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I think my favourite female classical singer though is probably Cecilia Bartoli. Boy has that women got some tone and vocal range.That coupled with a great personality and sense of humour I personally find very attractive but I'm not supposed to say that in this political correct day and age am I...:laugh2:
Posted this before many moons ago but it's one of my favourites..

I just love the way she loons around, connects with her audience and makes it look fun , whereas many opera singers bore me silly.

Last edited:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
g mornings and afternoons

If you like Damrau Art check out her performance in the studio...Brilliant!
I saw that yesterday , when finding the other clip to post here . really wild !
I think my favourite female classical singer though is probably Cecilia Bartoli.
I don't remember the names ( and I never know actresses names either ) . but I think I saw her at The MET . the late 80s / early 90s were so much fun . getting spit on by Joan Jett at CBGBs one night . and dressing up for the opera the next :laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
g mornings and afternoons

I saw that yesterday , when finding the other clip to post here . really wild !

I don't remember the names ( and I never know actresses names either ) . but I think I saw her at The MET . the late 80s / early 90s were so much fun . getting spit on by Joan Jett at CBGBs one night . and dressing up for the opera the next :laugh2:
:lol:
One hell of a talented lady that's for sure..

Latest Threads