The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Phil47uk

Reaction score
good evening fine folks in 1hippy land,

appologies Phil for the leg pull, just could'nt help meself. That GIF always cracks me up

looking out, think were in for a good 'ol thunder storm Skys turning dark
As I mentioned in my previous post that GIF is from a video that I posted up showing Vasco and I going hell for leather at each other..:laugh2:

Here's the original..Probably Russian by the sound of it..

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Evidently Mozart was extremely childish with a fetish for fart jokes etc and absolutely hopeless with money spending most of it on clothes and drink.
Not sure about the all round IQ bit but he certainly had a genius and fanatical focus on his music.
for the longest time , many believed ( and some still do ) that Mozart suffered from Tourette's Syndrome . other believe that the inappropriate laughter that he was known for __ along with the compulsive spending and other strange behaviors . would be more of an indicator of something in the bi-polar . schizo spectrum

of course , creative people are more likely to suffer from a variety of mental illnesses . and scientists have already pinpointed a genetic mutation that can cause creativity in some . and madness in others ( read my quote underneath my posts )

we were speaking of DNA tests the other day . I may send away for the one from Dr. Rhonda Patrick , which may or may not be able to show markers . indicating how far back in the family tree the " crazy " actually goes . I already know that it was on both of my parent's sides

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
As I mentioned in my previous post that GIF is from a video that I posted up showing Vasco and I going hell for leather at each other..:laugh2:

Here's the original..Probably Russian by the sound of it..
is a good thing that it wasn't raining that day . if those two women were armed with umbrellas __ they could have killed each other :eek2:

Gooner

Reaction score
It was *brilliant* today - 19C, no clouds until 5:00pm, good brisk westerly, SOLID surf... Absolutely knackered after a mere two hours in the washing machine :) Back from the pub, decent meal, several pints of additional key nutrients - all good. Looks set for two weeks of similar, now the jet has shifted back north of the UK.

Yup -- all answered above by Tom and Edro,

Yup :)
Played this to open our second set.....

88285292-F8A6-4B15-BCF2-31D7BF709567.jpeg

Phil47uk

Reaction score
It was *brilliant* today - 19C, no clouds until 5:00pm, good brisk westerly, SOLID surf... Absolutely knackered after a mere two hours in the washing machine :) Back from the pub, decent meal, several pints of additional key nutrients - all good. Looks set for two weeks of similar, now the jet has shifted back north of the UK.

Yup -- all answered above by Tom and Edro,

Yup :)
Let's hope the good weather holds out for you..

Phil47uk

Reaction score
for the longest time , many believed ( and some still do ) that Mozart suffered from Tourette's Syndrome . other believe that the inappropriate laughter that he was known for __ along with the compulsive spending and other strange behaviors . would be more of an indicator of something in the bi-polar . schizo spectrum

of course , creative people are more likely to suffer from a variety of mental illnesses . and scientists have already pinpointed a genetic mutation that can cause creativity in some . and madness in others ( read my quote underneath my posts )

we were speaking of DNA tests the other day . I may send away for the one from Dr. Rhonda Patrick , which may or may not be able to show markers . indicating how far back in the family tree the " crazy " actually goes . I already know that it was on both of my parent's sides
I suppose we are all a bit crazy in one way or another but when you say your parents were, in which way do you mean , schizophrenia, depression ..Obsessive behavior etc?
I wouldn't have thought a marker showed a particular disease but rather an indication you could be more likely to suffer a mental illness.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
I suppose we are all a bit crazy in one way or another but when you say your parents were, in which way do you mean , schizophrenia, depression ..Obsessive behavior etc?
I wouldn't have thought a marker showed a particular disease but rather an indication you could be more likely to suffer a mental illness.
I'm not entirely sure how the tests work __ but what I think that they can indicate , is a predisposition towards certain disorders . I still have to do some looking into it

as far as my parents go . my Mother was in the Schizophrenia spectrum . fully functioning for most of her life . and my Father was thought to have Asberger's for many years . until he got older , when the diagnosis put him in the same category as my Mother . he retired from his job with IBM when he was only 54 __ due to the complications of dealing with a stressful work environment

I'd be curious to see how far everything goes back ___ because from the family history that I do know about . there's sure to be some interesting characters in the tree . but genealogy is probably an entirely different test ( ? )

onehippie

Reaction score
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
Tis The Hippster
They chortled in their joy
Back down the hill
From the water wheel
With a lassie called
Jill McCoy.

And a merry Mumbleberry weekend to you too Sir.

mighty fine jingle polluting
corruptor and a fine weekend at Missus
not You though

79standard

Reaction score
g afternoons and evenings

quick question . does 30 minutes seem excessive __ for warming up tubes ( ? ) . the Traynor is a Class A 15 watt , with 2 AXL7 + 2 EL84 . I hearing from a few people , that it " needs " a warm up of at least a half an hour

is this just gearhead nonsense ? or does it make sense . . .
While my amateur/semiprofessional opinion sez half an hour may be longer than needed, I know the folks at Bahstin's legendary Fort Apache Sound take this tish very very seriously, and they have birthed big hits like Radiohead's "Creep."

79standard

Reaction score
thanks guys . I suspected as much . years ago I worked with synth equipment , and many of the modules were analog / tube driven ( when everyone was so into the new digital __ I was buying the good stuff from them at dirt cheap prices )

I never heard about half an hour warmed up tubes in that crowd :laugh2:

Tom's ear fatigue point makes total sense
Some SS circuits need a brief warmup period to stabilize, but we're talking a minute or two, max.

+1 on Tom's excellent point.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
3:30am here . in bed on the tablet while Laura snores next to me . the Sun rises in two hours . I'm thinking that I should stay up . so much information out there on the net . two hours will give me just a little taste of something too large to comprehend

MooCheng

Reaction score
Heather the Weather got it wrong,
its chucking it down outside.
raining cats and dogs,( thats a odd expression, wonder where that came from )

Mozart was certainly an interesting character. Recognized as a child prodigy I suspect he was to some degree isolated from the rough and tough of the outside world. Musical genius, no doubt but his compositions, apart from being listenable never really stated much about the world around him

they say to play the blues, you have to live it.

Prokofiev never played the blues as such but he lived through some difficult times