back jabberwacky
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
Tis The Hippster
They chortled in their joy
Back down the hill
From the water wheel
With a lassie called
Jill McCoy.

And a merry Mumbleberry weekend to you too Sir.

BBD

Reaction score
I have not been to the UK. I need to visit.
You will find it strange. Switches the wrong way up, odd food, weirder people. And really, really old stuff everywhere.

sorry I missed that Brexit discussion
Best avoided, imho. You were fortunate to be taking a long restroom break at the time.

No bad feelings though, just somewhat divided opinions..(to put it mildly )..:laugh2:
True.

Holy shit! Philbertius and Von Jasco in agreement????????????????
Strange days.

What are the limits of carrying a knife in the UK anyhow?
Not really advisable.

So I can take my Kershaw on my UK trip then?
What for?

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Horrible journey down to Cornwall but got here eventually. Shitty weather, usual Babylon on the A303 (Britain's worst A road?). Three hours longer than it should have taken.
Yeah, I don't know what's going on but I'm told traffic is backing up everywhere.
The silly buggers have shut a stretch of the A30 near Chard..Five weeks to do some work on drains..Now don't you think these idiots might have chosen a different time to do this other than smack in the middle of the busiest time of year..Diversion signs pointing up in the air and in all directions . The usual chaos.
Somerset council couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.
Shame about the weather too Dom..It's been pissing down all day here.
My eldest son and I took our grandson Albie down to West Bay this afternoon and got absolutely soaked.
We took him in an arcade where he spent £3 on one of those claw grab machines trying to win a soft toy shark.
What a rip off..I watched how they worked and it's obvious that the grip/tension in the claws that grab the toy is virtually nil and that's why the toy always falls out of its grip.
I didn't go down well with a guy who worked there when I told a woman who was trying to win a cheap cuddly toy for her kid " You are wasting your money. It's only programmed to increase the tension to actually win about one time in around fifty attempts or more. The woman said thanks and walked off and the guy who worked there said " so what makes you think that then" to which my son replied " because the dad of one of my friends manufactures them".
Game set and match....:laugh2:

Last edited:

79standard

Reaction score
As far as knives and travel, I have a big, wonderful, scary-ass ghurka knife that would scare the sh*t out of Crocodile Dundee.

It stays under my mattress.
I won't leave home with that thing unless we go into a full-on Mad Max apocalypse.
NY state has a 3-inch limit anyway.

My floppy, dull taijijuan practice sword is legal as ice cream but when I drive it to and from class, I keep it hidden, because the only thing more important than the actual law is what a cop THINKS the law says.

;)

Last edited:

BBD

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know what's going on but I'm told traffic is backing up everywhere.
The silly buggers have shut a stretch of the A30 near Chard..
Somehow we missed that, and we did come off the A303 Highway Of Hell in despair at non-movement. Took the A30 via Yeovil, somewhere else and eventually, Chard. It was all snarled up but not as bad as the A303. Raining so hard you couldn.t see the car in front half the time. Feckin orrible, so it was.

because the only thing more important than the actual law is what a cop THINKS the law says.
Especially when said law enforcement officer has a gun...

Phil47uk

Reaction score
On a serious note....C# or B serious.
Glad to see the weather has settled along the coast for all the last minute holiday makers before the schools go back.
Partially cloudy today but at least dry with only a gentle sea breeze.
Yesterday was horrendous , pissing down all day with gales.
In a couple of weeks the tourist season will be over down here and that's the time to be able to go along the coast and visit these beautiful seaside villages without hoards of tourists and a million cars, traffic jams and nowhere to park.

Fingers crossed for the weather to hold out.

Last edited: