The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

79standard

Reaction score
The bottom sandwich picture is an oversized club sandwich for lunch from a restaurant. No one makes those at home.
Truth spoken, compadre.
...and I've been to Stubbs.'
So there's definitely some meat behind Tejas's claim to BBQ supremacy.

Luckily for me, up North we've got runaway southerners who run some absolutely stunning BBQs (e.g. Blue Ribbon in greater Boston and Memphis King in Schenectady).

Phil47uk

Reaction score
The bottom sandwich picture is an oversized club sandwich for lunch from a restaurant. No one makes those at home.
I was mainly referring to the sort of sandwich/meal you'd buy out like diners/restaurants etc as we didn't really sample any home cooking moving from motel to motel on holiday.
Perhaps things have changed since our visits but back then we couldn't believe the amount of food they served when you ate out. In fact even with our kids we'd only order two meals between five and even then often ended up taking stuff back to the motel in a doggie bag.
I once discussed this with a restaurant owner and he said " In this town people often judge the place they choose to eat in by quantity rather than quality so that's why you see all the gimmicks...Free this, extra this etc.
I must say it was quite an eye opener.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Truth spoken, compadre.
...and I've been to Stubbs.'
So there's definitely some meat behind Tejas's claim to BBQ supremacy.

Luckily for me, up North we've got runaway southerners who run some absolutely stunning BBQs (e.g. Blue Ribbon in greater Boston and Memphis King in Schenectady).
When you say "some meat behind their claim to supremacy" Tim , are you referring to the quality of the meat, the way it's cooked, or the amount they serve?
We once went for a cookout on a ranch with the guy they called "The Marlborough Man".
( Can't remember his real name ) and the steaks were so big that Sylvia and I politely said " do you mind if we share one?"..:laugh2:

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
When you say "some meat behind their claim to supremacy" Tim , are you referring to the quality of the meat, the way it's cooked, or the amount they serve?
We once went for a cookout on a ranch with the guy they called "The Marlborough Man".
( Can't remember his real name ) and the steaks were so big that Sylvia and I politely said " do you mind if we share one?"..:laugh2:
Most Texas bbq places sell by weight. And you choose how much. "I'd like a quarter pound of brisket, a half pound of turkey, and a half pound of sausage.

Ribs are ordered by the amount of them then weighed.."I'd like 4 ribs, and 2 sausage links."

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Most Texas bbq places sell by weight. And you choose how much. "I'd like a quarter pound of brisket, a half pound of turkey, and a half pound of sausage.

Ribs are ordered by the amount of them then weighed.."I'd like 4 ribs, and 2 sausage links."
In the UK you would only buy meat by the weight in a shop. . At an outside event where the meat is cooked you would basically get what the vendor would put on the plate unless you ordered two meals.

Most of our family are vegetarians ( all the girls are ) so we don't tend to eat much meat anyway other than free range chicken and the odd Angus Scottish beef mince for things like spaghetti Bolognese or chili.
I personally tend to eat a lot of fish.
Not because I'm a vegetarian but simply because I prefer the taste and texture to meat.

Last edited:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
g mornings and afternoons . been busy the last few days with massive amount of paperworks . getting ready to start working again . reforming my " freelancer " status into an LLC . sorry I missed that Brexit discussion

Gtarzan isn't yet versed in the Photoshop antics of rabbit hole members..
What Art means Gtarzan is that your T shirt in that pic might suddenly read..
or . something else :hmm:

sliding tom

Reaction score
Hope all is well over in Beer & Brats land, Tom!
Not much to complain about.... :hmm:

Will be loading the trailer later this evening for a gig tomorrow and then maybe a couple of beers wid dem lads! :thumb:

Wanted to mention that my Tech21 Trademark amp has been back in shape since the treatment with DeOxit - thanks for the tip! :)

Phil47uk

Reaction score
g mornings and afternoons . been busy the last few days with massive amount of paperworks . getting ready to start working again . reforming my " freelancer " status into an LLC . sorry I missed that Brexit discussion
:laugh2:
Don't worry Art, you didn't miss anything much that hasn't already been going on since 2016...
As you have probably already deduced Dom is a fervent remainer whereas Gooner, Vasco and I are all passionate leavers.
No bad feelings though, just somewhat divided opinions..(to put it mildly )..:laugh2:

or . something else :hmm:
Do your worst Art...:laugh2: