The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I heard it was cream first. The Cornwall way.

If you prefer your scone with Jam first, the Devon way, some say you may be a Philistine. ;)
Well we are in Dorset which is next to Devon which in turn is next to Cornwall so perhaps we should just mix the two before we start.:laugh2:

Seriously though it's simply a matter of personal preference. It's served as just a scone with a pot of jam and a pot of cream so you can do it how you like.
Sylvia and I prefer more jam than cream so therefore we spread the jam on first then a small dollop of cream.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Well we are in Dorset which is next to Devon which in turn is next to Cornwall so perhaps we should just mix the two before we start.:laugh2:

Seriously though it's simply a matter of personal preference. It's served as just a scone with a pot of jam and a pot of cream so you can do it how you like.
Sylvia and I prefer more jam than cream so therefore we spread the jam on first then a small dollop of cream.
I'm just taking the Michael here.

It's a bit like how we talk about different styles of BBQ in the US. Lots of styles are amazing. Some folks have strong preferences. And only those who claim Texas bbq supremacy are correct ;)

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Scone is a biscuit and a biscuit is a cookie and crisp is a chip and a chip is french fry.....

When in doubt, randomly toss a "u" after "o" in a word..

Alumin, aluminum, aluminium.....

Jell-o is jelly and jelly is jam....

Damn Brits.... Just can't leave shit alone....

:laugh2:
The official pronunciation amongst the scientific world is. "Aluminium".
Heathens!....:laugh2:

BBD

Reaction score
Packing. Off to Cornwall on Friday so all needs to be done by tomorrow evening and there's been lots of other stuff going on this week so I won't be posting much if at all for the next couple of days. Loathsome business, packing.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Packing. Off to Cornwall on Friday so all needs to be done by tomorrow evening and there's been lots of other stuff going on this week so I won't be posting much if at all for the next couple of days. Loathsome business, packing.
Last minute holiday before the schools go back is it Dom?...
Now I know you are heading this way I'll erect a turnpike on the coast road..
Cash only please..I don't accept PayPal gifts..:laugh2:

Well, for whatever reason you are going have a good time, drive safely and I hope the weather is good for you..

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Recent picture from my holiday in PR.
View attachment 399506
:shock:

So you didn't beat anorexia then?...:laugh2:

Seriously though nice pic Gtarzan...:dude:
That's certainly some piece of meat on that spit there.

As a matter of interest have you been to the UK before and if so where?

Our favourite part of the States was the old wild west AZ, etc simply because they have the places we know best from old films.
Like John Ford lookout point in monument valley.
When we were there we saw a Navajo Indian on horseback looking out across the valley from John Ford lookout point and I said to my wife I'm sure I've seen him in a holiday brochure ad, so we went to have a chat with him and he "yeah it was probably me. I have a small lodge over there with a T.V. coffee machine etc and I'm employed to ride out here every time a bus load of Japanese tourists show up...:laugh2:
A really nice guy and we all had a good laugh. Our daughter is a keen horse rider on the UK and even though at the time she was only about 11 he let her ride his horse.
I have some pics somewhere that I'll try and dig up.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
:shock:

So you didn't beat anorexia then?...:laugh2:

Seriously though nice pic Gtarzan...:dude:
That's certainly some piece of meat on that spit there.

As a matter of interest have you been to the UK before and if so where?

Our favourite part of the States was the old wild west AZ, etc simply because they have the places we know best from old films.
Like John Ford lookout point in monument valley.
When we were there we saw a Navajo Indian on horseback looking out across the valley from John Ford lookout point and I said to my wife I'm sure I've seen him in a holiday brochure ad, so we went to have a chat with him and he "yeah it was probably me. I have a small lodge over there with a T.V. coffee machine etc and I'm employed to ride out here every time a bus load of Japanese tourists show up...:laugh2:
A really nice guy and we all had a good laugh. Our daughter is a keen horse rider on the UK and even though at the time she was only about 11 he let her ride his horse.
I have some pics somewhere that I'll try and dig up.
I have not been to the UK. I need to visit.

I have been to France though.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
@gtarzan

Hey gtarzan. In that pic you posted you remind me of a friend of our youngest son.
Here is is when he paid us a visit and Peppy was so pleased to see him she jumped up on the back of the sofa and gave his head a good licking..:laugh2:

photostudio_1565820956774.jpg

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I have not been to the UK. I need to visit.

I have been to France though.
France is a lovely place. Rich in culture and great architecture.
Yeah you'll have to make it over to the UK one day if you can.
We are down on the south west coast in west Dorset near Lyme Regis which you'd recognise if you have ever seen "The French Lieutenants Woman" with Meryll Streep, so if you are ever down here in pirate country let us know.
I say pirate country because that's how the locals talk. We don't as we are originally from London.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Look up "Salt Lick" in Driftwood Texas. They actually do something like that. And it's delicious.

Found it...Jesus...:shock:..I've never seen so much meat.
Don't forget, a sandwich in England bears no resemblance to a sandwich in the States.
In America they put the whole pack of meat in a sandwich whereas here you basically get one slice..:laugh2:

English ham and cheese sandwich.

VS..the American equivalent....