The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Phil47uk

Reaction score
In Canada that was The Quebec Referendum or in the US current situtiation or Civil War.. Anyways as a member of the Confederation good luck and happy halloween to our bros Northern ireland Jolly ol England And Scotland seriously. O look its kiss ass to Trump hour here in Canuckistan;).
:lol:
We could well be heading for round two over here the way things are panning out....:laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Close its a Popeye character its Alice the Goon popeyes some times friend or enemy or as the youngins theze daze say .frenemy also where the word Goon comes from like im a Pedantic Goon. ;)
Yep, that was a caricature of Onehippe who lives in Oke up in "Them thar mountains" with his kin.
He's usually busy mining the outer moons of Jupiter in his recently converted Alcubierre warp drive craft. " The Pinky Ponk"' but every now and then he graces us with his presence..
Pleasant chap.

photostudio_1564184571225.jpg

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Just got to the hotel in Tarpon Springs. Had dinner at Hella's at the sponge docks. Greek food from hell!

2. Pretend I wrote some green stuff which I ain't got a badge to do and let's cool off... We're all buds in here. :)

I love Greek food even though I can't pronounce most of it.

:cool:

79standard

Reaction score
1. Just got to the hotel in Tarpon Springs. Had dinner at Hella's at the sponge docks. Greek food from hell!

2. Pretend I wrote some green stuff which I ain't got a badge to do and let's cool off... We're all buds in here. :)

Greek and Middle Eastern food (and coffee, and dessert) rocks my world madly.
:thumb:
I lived in Watertown, MA from 1989 to 2013, and it was filled with middle- and near-eastern restaurants and shops.
There may even be more Armenians there than in Armenia proper.

Phil47uk

Reaction score

Sounds great Ebers.
We've had Greek restaurants over here ever since I can remember. Lovely food.
A couple of my favourites being stuffed vine leaves and taramasalata..

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Greek and Middle Eastern food (and coffee, and dessert) rocks my world madly.
:thumb:
I lived in Watertown, MA from 1989 to 2013, and it was filled with middle- and near-eastern restaurants and shops.
There may even be more Armenians there than in Armenia proper.
:lol:
Coming from London we have always been used to multi cultural cuisine and when we first moved down to the shire I went into a local supermarket and asked for taramasolata....:shock:
No bugger had ever heard of it let alone sell it..:laugh2:
Of course nowadays all the stores stock it.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Back in the early 60's ethnic cuisine restaurants were pretty scarce in London compared to today where there is one on virtually every street corner.
After we did a recording session at Curly Clayton's studio in Swan Yard behind Highbury and Islington tube station the musos always headed up to Hampstead to have a curry at the Taj Mahal restaurant. One of the first Indian restaurants in London but sadly long since gone by the looks of it.
Ah! The nostalgia...:laugh2:

I think back then a curry there was about 7s 6p which in today's money would work out at around £3- £4.

Last edited:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
A funny little story about Curly's studio back in the 60's.

The Rolling Stones made a record, albeit only an acetate (demo disc).
On Saturday 26 October the Marquee line up entered jazz guitarist Curly Clayton's studio near the old Arsenal football ground in Highbury, North London. According to Bill Wyman there was a single microphone in the middle of the room and sound balance was achieved by moving instruments around the room. The tracks recorded were Bo Diddley’s You Can’t Judge A Book By The Cover, Muddy Waters Soon Forgotten and Jimmy Reed’s Close Together. Curly sent a copy of the acetate to Neville Skrimshire at EMI Records and he told drummer Tony Chapman “You’ll never get anywhere with that singer.”

:laugh2: :laugh2: .

Last edited:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
In fact I've actually found that recording.
I think it was the Stones first demo and they clubbed together £3 to pay for the session.
Obviously this is old and scratched to buggery but gives some idea of the Stones earliest if not first recording.
I lived about half a mile away from those studios and Jo Meeks studios were about the same distance away down Holloway Road.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
My Aunt Helen used to make a big batch of it for family gatherings. It always disappeared quickly.
I should think it did...Sounds delicious..
My mother's side were all Swiss/French and my father's side Russian Ashkenazi Jewish.
One weekend I'd be at one grandmother's eating fantastic French cuisine while the next at my other grandmother eating equally delicious gefilte fish and lokshen soup...:hmm:
I remember one weekend eating a roast pork dish at my Swiss/French grandmother's and my father saying " Next time we go over to grandma's Philip for God's sake don't mention we ate pork".....:laugh2:

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Got an ongoing attack of the giggles after reading this on the BBC website.

Somebody turns up at a black tie event dressed as a clown onboard a cruise ship, mayhem, bedlam & rancour ensue. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Bloody marvellous. :applause:

Latest Threads