The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Afternoon Ebers..
How's the heat holding out over there?

Well, the heat seems to be holding out pretty well despite all efforts to run it off....

It is surprisingly a bit cooler at the moment for a rare change...high 70°s.... Will probably be a hunnert in a couple hours....

We've had some bad weather come through which allowed us a short reprieve from being stuck on a rotisserie suspended over the fires of hell 24/7...

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Well, the heat seems to be holding out pretty well despite all efforts to run it off....

It is surprisingly a bit cooler at the moment for a rare change...high 70°s.... Will probably be a hunnert in a couple hours....

We've had some bad weather come through which allowed us a short reprieve from being stuck on a rotisserie suspended over the fires of hell 24/7...
:lol: ...:applause:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Phil's correct - they are lions. If you look at the head you can see sort of curly or wavy hair - that's supposed to be the mane...
I think The original idea for lion dogs came from the Asian lion but as there was no photography then people would have relied on crude sketches of these creatures which by the time a Chinese stone carver had used a bit artistic license probably ended up looking more like a dog than a lion.
A bit like the medieval interpretation of an elephant..

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I'll agree that Phil is correct

I just thought that the curls were a part of a head-dress . to go along with the other ornaments that the animal seems to be wearing
Most probably the artists interpretation of a lions mane but as they would have never seen one other than in a crude sketch it more than likely was depicted as some sort of ceremonial headdress.

European medieval illustration of a lion.

photostudio_1563745377472.jpg

BBD

Reaction score
I just thought that the curls were a part of a head-dress . to go along with the other ornaments that the animal seems to be wearing
It's clearer on some than others - you can see it on this example quite well:

Here's one of ours - they sit either side of the fireplace and keep evil spirits from entering the house via the chimney. Since they were installed, we've had no more nonsense from the fat bearded guy in red :laugh2:

View attachment 394230

Sorry for the crap photo, but I got snarled at by H who is watching TV :confused:

BBD

Reaction score
Just by the by, Phil you piqued my interest in whether or not quantum computing requires a multiverse with the predictable result that a terrifying rabbit warren opened beneath my feet.

The net of it seems to be that quantum computing may not require a multiverse, but it's incomprehensibly arcane and I don't pretend to have climbed further than up a stalk of grass in the foothills of distant and mist-shrouded peaks :D

Of course this would not be evidence that parallel universes do not exist. Only that those physicists arguing that quantum computing doesn't require a multiverse to work are correct.

:welcome: to :dunno:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Just by the by, Phil you piqued my interest in whether or not quantum computing requires a multiverse with the predictable result that a terrifying rabbit warren opened beneath my feet.

The net of it seems to be that quantum computing may not require a multiverse, but it's incomprehensibly arcane and I don't pretend to have climbed further than up a stalk of grass in the foothills of distant and mist-shrouded peaks :D

Of course this would not be evidence that parallel universes do not exist. Only that those physicists arguing that quantum computing doesn't require a multiverse to work are correct.

:welcome: to :dunno:
Yeah, I'm sure multiple universes don't come into it with regard quantum computers as they work on performing calculations based on the probability of an object's state before it is measured as opposed to an ordinary computer that just works on 1s or 0s.

79standard

Reaction score
I was actually saying the opposite . I wouldn't consider myself a good person , because part of the equation is that I have a broken mind . so it doesn't really count . I can deal with everything bad that I've ever been through ___ and very often laugh about it

but I feel much worse when I see bad things happen to others
"Broken mind"?
I resemble that remark!
I grew up with my own alphabet soup of syndromes and defects, so while my array of maladies may be different from yours, I think I understand you better than Mr Average would, and just because your particular wiring lets bad stuff bounce off you, that neural shield doesn't make you bad.

Last edited:

79standard

Reaction score
It was "hotter than two Hells"* in Upstate NY and Massachusetts this weekend, with heat indexes north of 100 from Friday through today... and I was staying at a fellow muso's house with no A/C. I am generally a really good sport about the heat but this tish felt like being slapped with a giant hot fish.

It was still a good "mental health weekend" but damn...

Currently watching a History Channel show about Nazi Germany's little-known dependence on methamphetamine.

* copyright Edro Enterprises

sliding tom

Reaction score
Good Day folkses! :wave:

Slowly regaining my proper eyesight. Been to the eye doctor this morning for a check up. They treated me to some eye drops to widen my pupils so my sight is quite blurry and oversensitive to bright light....

Last edited:

My Les Paul Classifieds