The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Not a single one - really, not one - that I have ever spoken to seems to have the slightest idea what risks they are taking with everybody else's livelihoods and future. The very idea of acknowledging the vast downside of Brexit is usually waved away - per Boris - as some sort of moral failing.
I never said they would know what would happen after Brexit anymore than anyone would know what the future would hold if we remained. I merely said that generally as personalities leavers were more the type of people who were willing to take a risk.
So who do you suggest to sort things out?

The localism fallacy - it depends where you are. It is generally exceptionally hot in the UK. This is a forecast for tomorrow afternoon, for example:

Oh yeah it's hot alright Dom but I think the alarmist media coverage about being burnt to a cinder and venturing out of your house at your own peril is taking things a little too far..:laugh2:
The newspapers seems full of these alarmist doom and gloom headlines these days..
Nazis taking over. Medicines running out.
Food shortages with people queuing up at soup kitchens. Being baked alive etc etc.
I've never known anything like it... :facepalm:
:laugh2:

Last edited:

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Morning Tom, morning everyone.

Tis hot.

Phil, finished Far Cry 5 within a week. Easiest one yet. Liked the good ending... The good ending being unexpected nuclear war. Have always liked nukes in films & games, a bit weird eh?

Well I see Boris & his odious family have managed to pull of that PR stunt they have been cultivating for years through a very compliment press. I seen this coming, I knew it would happen & I also knew he would get in not having won a general election. This shambolic little man is all about himself & doesn't give a fuck about anyone else. Fuck Britain!

Happy days. :D

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Morning Tom, morning everyone.

Tis hot.

Phil, finished Far Cry 5 within a week. Easiest one yet. Liked the good ending... The good ending being unexpected nuclear war. Have always liked nukes in films & games, a bit weird eh?

Well I see Boris & his odious family have managed to pull of that PR stunt they have been cultivating for years through a very compliment press. I seen this coming, I knew it would happen & I also knew he would get in not having won a general election. This shambolic little man is all about himself & doesn't give a fuck about anyone else. Fuck Britain!

Happy days. :D

:lol: ...
Hi Sid.
Finished Far Cry within a week..:shock:
Blimey, you must either be at it 24/7 or you are extremely good.
I think it must have taken me two or three months but obviously I only play it for an hour or so at a time..
I finished the sequel to that not long ago . Far Cry New Dawn. You'd like that.
I think Far Cry is the only computer game I have ever enjoyed simply because it's so big and you can go around at your own leisure without having to fly around like a lunatic'

I gather you like Dom are not a keen Boris fan then Sid?..:laugh2:
I'm no great Boris fan either but then it was inevitable in the current situation I suppose.
So, as I asked Dom a couple of days ago..Who would you like to see in number 10 then?

Last edited:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Morning Schid! And Good Morning folkses! :wave:

Already burning hot in the early am today. We may be hitting the 40°C/110°F mark today.
A high of 73f forecast here today with temperatures dropping into the 60's this afternoon after a supposed 60% chance of heavy rain at 1:00 p.m.
Let's hope they can get this one right as it means I won't have to water the plants later..:laugh2:

sliding tom

Reaction score
Looks like you are smack in the middle of the purple there Tom.
Any idea when they predict it cooling down and the jet stream moves off?
This stream of hot air is said to come up from the Sahara desert. Today is predicted to be the hottest of the week - only "cooling" down slightly during the next days....

BBD

Reaction score
So who do you suggest to sort things out?
We could start with an actual mandate. Will of the people and all that. Not the 0.2% of the electorate comprised of Tory nutters who just put Bojo in Number 10.

The newspapers seems full of these alarmist doom and gloom headlines these days..
Nazis taking over. Medicines running out.
Food shortages with people queuing up at soup kitchens. Being baked alive etc etc.
I've never known anything like it... :facepalm:
But the heatwaves are coming thick and fast as global temperatures rise, the hard right is on the rise everywhere, medicines will run short if a hard Brexit stops imports and food security will be hit hard. Why shouldn't these things be reported in the press when the hard right is talking about shutting down Parliament to force through a hard Brexit that will create chaos?

Phil47uk

Reaction score
This stream of hot air is said to come up from the Sahara desert. Today is predicted to be the hottest of the week - only "cooling" down slightly during the next days....
I lived near the desert in North Africa. back in the 60's for many months so luckily have experienced that kind of heat. ( Not that I liked it one bit).
Ironically the temperature there today is 36°. Cooler than you it seems.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
We could start with an actual mandate. Will of the people and all that. Not the 0.2% of the electorate comprised of Tory nutters who just put Bojo in Number 10.

But the heatwaves are coming thick and fast as global temperatures rise, the hard right is on the rise everywhere, medicines will run short if a hard Brexit stops imports and food security will be hit hard. Why shouldn't these things be reported in the press when the hard right is talking about shutting down Parliament to force through a hard Brexit that will create chaos?
BJ might not have been voted as leader in a general election but he is continuing with the conservative party mandate which was put before the people at the last general election and which the conservatives won.

Unfortunately that silly woman Jo Swinson who has just become the leader of the Lib Dems has shot herself straight up the Khyber before she even started by publicly proclaiming that even if there was another referendum and the vote remained leave she and her party would stop it...
A Liberal Democrat..Really!.... :hmm: ...:laugh2:

To quote an old quote..

"The fascists of the future will call themselves anti -fascists" .
And just how true this is panning out to be..
:laugh2:

But you still haven't named a name Dom..
Who would you like to see at the helm to put this mandate forward?

There may be some disruption following a Brexit but this extreme alarmist rhetoric is doing nobody any good.
There are already lots of measures being put in place with regard travel , medicines etc.
The only danger to a shortage of medicines are if this ridiculous scaremongering frightens some people into stockpiling drugs.
I know two people who are fairly well placed in the NHS and that it's what they told me.
Flights and freight disrupted...Crap!....:laugh2:

So just as as matter of interest Dom , what options would you like to see on the paper of another referendum, or do you think another referendum isn't a good idea?

Last edited:

BBD

Reaction score
Some pages back I set out my perspective and you have ignored it and talked over me ever since.

When you deal with what I set out, then perhaps we can come to your questions.

Here is what I said:

Despite the £8.2 million of mystery money, the false prospectus and the breaches of electoral law by the leave campaign, not to mention the very small margin of victory, I accept the non-binding advisory result of the referendum. What I do not accept by any means is the subsequent unilateral repositioning of the result by the hard right as a mandate for a no-deal Brexit. Especially if it is to be forced by muzzling Parliament. That would be nothing short of a rightwing coup.

How does all the hyperventilating about Parliamentary sovereignty by the Brexit faction square with their apparent willingness to prorogue Parliament to force through a blatantly anti-democratic agenda?

You support this assault on democracy why, exactly?

Latest Threads