The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
very difficult for me to wrap my head around all of the tragedies that we've experienced as a group . I've had my share ( stabbings / gunshot / homelessness / psychiatric hospitals / and the list goes on )

but then I read about a person that lost his brother at the age of 4 . another person that's slowly losing his brother . and with everything I've been through , I still can't imagine what it would be like to experience some of the things that others are going through . or have gone through

Good Energy to All

Phil47uk

Reaction score
very difficult for me to wrap my head around all of the tragedies that we've experienced as a group . I've had my share ( stabbings / gunshot / homelessness / psychiatric hospitals / and the list goes on )

but then I read about a person that lost his brother at the age of 4 . another person that's slowly losing his brother . and with everything I've been through , I still can't imagine what it would be like to experience some of the things that others are going through . or have gone through

Good Energy to All
One of the reasons our collective experiences are strong Art..

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Phil, I'm well over 6' and I would have to get a running start to get IN a Lamborghini... ;)

I 'would' like to drive a Countach though....just to see how fast it will go...
:lol:....:applause:

Sports cars can be fun I must admit..In the right places.
Many years ago when working with a band in Belgium in the late 60's I was invited by a guy to come down to a racing circuit in Belgium and drive a Le Mans GT40 Ford.
Obviously there was nobody else on the track and I hit about 140-150 mph on the straight and that wasn't even pushing it but that was plenty fast enough for me..Phewww. ( nearly trouser changing time)..:laugh2:
I think even back then it could do 0-100 in around 8 seconds.
These cars can be great fun but totally wasted on UK roads..The only place you could drive at that speed would be on a motorway where the speed limit is 70mph so you'd only get nabbed by the police and get a large fine and perhaps your licence temporarily suspended. Other than that it would merely be for show..
Like joining in with a ukulele band with an original 59 burst...:laugh2:

sliding tom

Reaction score
It's ok.......If the only thing you play is a cowbell.....
:laugh2:

A lapsteel and a champ would be OK as well but those guys rather drive pickups...

:lol:..
Getting out of a Lamborghini these days would probably take Sylvia and I about ten minutes...:laugh2:
Now that's what I call fast! :laugh2:

One of the reasons our collective experiences are strong Art..

..and our mutual understanding...

sliding tom

Reaction score
Just got in from an afternoon in West Bay.
Had a coffee in the cafe that in the series "Broadchurch" is the police station.
We then called in at the garden center which is literally just over the road from the Crown which Tom is familiar with.
Just in time before the schools break up and half of the U.K. descends on the peace and tranquility of the shire...:laugh2:
What coincidence: picked up the latest issue of the weekly "Stern" magazine this morning which features a long article about the current political and emotional situation in the UK and for illustrations there are two pics of West Bay: one of the beach and one of The Crown Inn! :thumb:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
What coincidence: picked up the latest issue of the weekly "Stern" magazine this morning which features a long article about the current political and emotional situation in the UK and for illustrations there are two pics of West Bay: one of the beach and one of The Crown Inn! :thumb:

Blimey,.. :shock: That's a coincidence. Strange things happen down the rabbit hole Tom...:laugh2:
Pity we couldn't get some of the Yanks over as I can quite easily book The Crown for a venue.
We'll hold an international meet next time..
It would great to see Art, Tim and Ebers up on stage flying the flag for the good old U.S of A....Yeeee Hawww pardner...:laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Damp with sea mists rolling in , so not ideal pug walking weather. There was also a short shower as we walked through the churchyard so we sheltered in the porch for a few minutes till it passed.

photostudio_1563552347623.jpg

An appropriate haunting Celtic melody to go with the pic..

Last edited:

BBD

Reaction score
I took some pitchers..... :naughty:
Hah. Ratlike cunning :laugh2: I should have known you'd have a plan.

Spooky.... :shock:
Yup. It's just before the moment when the ghosts of drowned sailors loom up out of the mist...

Misty and damp outside so when I mentioned the word "walkies" and came up with her harness and lead I was met by this keen response...:facepalm:....:laugh2:
"The pug... a breed known and admired for its speed, aggression and stamina..."