The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Glad it sounds good out of the box. I like satin necks, I must admit, and I wish they were a bit more common, although I appreciate the difficulties this might create with an LP & co. :)

You mean like an R9?

:laugh2:

I swear to you a good modeller will fix that problem forever :dude: You can get that cranked-until-the-power-stage-is-rockin' thing at as low an output volume as you like... No divorce, no policemen at the door :laugh2:
R8's and R9'are generally quite chunky ( to say the least in some cases)...:laugh2:
What Gtarzan described sounds more like an R0 to me.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Ok...looking for sitrep from Brits:

1. BJ is now PM. Good? Bad?

2. Iran doing crazy Iranian things. Thoughts?

3. TRobinson. So sad to see this happen to him. He should move to the US. Thoughts?
BJ is a bit of an eccentric public school buffoon (but certainly not stupid) and we'll have to wait and see if he delivers what the people voted for which will either make or break him as there are a lot of angry people over here who feel they have been betrayed.
Many people like him simply because he has an olde world charm which is sadly lacking in any of the opposition who possess about as much personality and charisma as a plank of wood.

BJ is certainly no Winston Churchill but what I think certain people see in him at times like these is a slight return to the old so called "British Spirit".

Last edited:

79standard

Reaction score
How does all the hyperventilating about Parliamentary sovereignty by the Brexit faction square with their apparent willingness to prorogue Parliament to force through a blatantly anti-democratic agenda?

Is this what they meant by 'take back control' all along? I do begin to wonder. It's going to be an interesting few months for British government.
As a befuddled Yank I simply hope for the best possible results for the Green and Pleasant Land and its denizens.

...and I think I could rock the bejesus out of the Page-tribute amp AND tele if my fairy goatmother gave me 4 bazillion dollars.
(Nice axe, G-zan. You've got great taste.).

Phil47uk

Reaction score
As a befuddled Yank I simply hope for the best possible results for the Green and Pleasant Land and its denizens.
Thanks Tim.
I have a feeling we'll certainly be going to need it ..:laugh2:
What is interesting though is the personality traits and behavioral psychological makeup of "leavers vs remainers" and the whole Brexit thing in general.
Now that is an interesting read as long as you try and find a professional and unbiased view. Unfortunately most people these days tend to gravitate around articles that provide only what they want to hear.
A fascinating subject though.

Another interesting phenomenon in the equation is called " The status quo effect".
One of the main reasons older Brits tended to vote out and the younger generation voted remain.
The status quo for many older Brits is a time when they remember a Britain that wasn't in the EU. Not I may add that everything then was better ..Some things were and some things weren't.
But different they certainly were and I should know as I have experienced living and working under both.
Many remainers however have only known what it's like living under the EU and have no concept whatsoever of anything different.
There is no right and no wrong..Just ones personal status quo.
Leavers in my opinion are far more prepared to take chances and risks , whereas many remainers I know often remind me of an animal kept in the same cage all its life...Open the door and the last thing it wants to do is leave the safety of It's environment.
A bit like Dr Quantum's "Flatland"...:laugh2:

Last edited:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
What's the weather like in Germany Tom?
Got to around 77f here for an hour or so and has now gone down to around 68f and clouded over , which is just as well as I could take the pug out..
I don't know where this heatwave to end all heatwaves has gone but it certainly didn't come this way..Headlines last night were predicting the usual "scare the crap out of everyone" sensationalist headlines but so far nothing has come close to the record 101f recorded back in 2003....:dunno:. A warm spring evening for Ebers.....:laugh2:
Well, there is the rest of the week to go so we'll just have to see what's in store for us.

Last edited:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Lauren is cooking tonight so I hope she's making that cashew nut roast she made a couple of months back...Delicious.
There's only five of us left in the family who aren't vegetarians.
Having said that nobody eats pork of bacon, hardly any beef but only chicken and fish.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
It came here.... :laugh2:

It's still @ 90°F (at 6:30pm). Expected to get even hotter tomorrow into three digits territory....
Bear with it Tom. Only a couple of months and "The beast from the east" will be on your doorstep...:laugh2:
Seriously though, I hope the weather breaks for you soon..
A comfortable 68f here..

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
g afternoons and evenings

Been down to West Bay all evening.

Tom will have fond memories of his stays at the Bridport Hotel on the beach (white thatched building in background ).

View attachment 394929
The two gals strolling down the esplanade this evening. Looking toward Lyme Regis in the distance..:laugh2:

View attachment 394949

just curious . how far are you located from those two spots ? seems like you have a nice variety of scenery

BBD

Reaction score
We're well and truly fucked, tbh.

Leavers in my opinion are far more prepared to take chances and risks
Not a single one - really, not one - that I have ever spoken to seems to have the slightest idea what risks they are taking with everybody else's livelihoods and future. The very idea of acknowledging the vast downside of Brexit is usually waved away - per Boris - as some sort of moral failing.

I don't know where this heatwave to end all heatwaves has gone but it certainly didn't come this way..Headlines last night were predicting the usual "scare the crap out of everyone" sensationalist headlines but so far nothing has come close to the record 101f recorded back in 2003....
The localism fallacy - it depends where you are. It is generally exceptionally hot in the UK. This is a forecast for tomorrow afternoon, for example:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
g afternoons and evenings

just curious . how far are you located from those two spots ? seems like you have a nice variety of scenery
Hi Art. We are about eight miles from the sea.
The pic with the hotel is West Bay harbour and the pic with Sylvia and Peppy is on the esplanade which is about two hundred or so yards from the harbour.

I don't know if you and Laura know the made for TV series "Broadchurch" but that was all filmed at West Bay.

West Bay is just on the horizon behind Peppy's ear in the pic where you can make out the sea.
It might look more than 8 miles but that's because the lens on the phone is wide angle.

received_435868887261401.jpeg

This is more to scale of what the view looks like if you were standing there.

Last edited:

Latest Threads