The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

BBD

Reaction score
Hopefully a government of national unity, which will include neither Corbyn nor Alexander Boris de Pfeffels Johnson.

Extremism is now well and truly out of hand in this country and it is time for the centre to reassert itself.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Hopefully a government of national unity, which will include neither Corbyn nor Alexander Boris de Pfeffels Johnson.

Extremism is now well and truly out of hand in this country and it is time for the centre to reassert itself.
But unfortunately extremism is a two way thing.That's why one fuels the other.
So I assume that by "The Center reasserting itself" what you probably mean is "remaining in the EU at all costs".
That therefore means trying to overturn a democratic vote which is extreme in itself and therefore fuels the opposition's so called extremism..It takes two to tango Dom...:laugh2:

Last edited:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Too hot to walk the pug so we gave her a bath which she's virtually dried off from sitting in the garden.
Sylvia and I will jump in the car and go down to West Bay later when it cools off and the "Grockles" have gone home.( West.county slang for tourists )..:laugh2:
Perhaps there may be some good sunset shots so might take my camera as well as my phone.

BBD

Reaction score
So I assume that by "The Center reasserting itself" what you probably mean is "remaining in the EU at all costs".
That therefore means trying to overturn a democratic vote which is extreme in itself and therefore fuels the opposition's so called extremism..It takes two to tango Dom...:laugh2:
You should be wary of assumptions. Despite the £8.2 million of mystery money, the false prospectus and the breaches of electoral law by the leave campaign, not to mention the very small margin of victory, I accept the non-binding advisory result of the referendum. What I do not accept by any means is the subsequent unilateral repositioning of the result by the hard right as a mandate for a no-deal Brexit. Especially if it is to be forced by muzzling Parliament. That would be nothing short of a rightwing coup.

BBD

Reaction score
How does all the hyperventilating about Parliamentary sovereignty by the Brexit faction square with their apparent willingness to prorogue Parliament to force through a blatantly anti-democratic agenda?

Is this what they meant by 'take back control' all along? I do begin to wonder. It's going to be an interesting few months for British government.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
You should be wary of assumptions. Despite the £8.2 million of mystery money, the false prospectus and the breaches of electoral law by the leave campaign, not to mention the very small margin of victory, I accept the non-binding advisory result of the referendum. What I do not accept by any means is the subsequent unilateral repositioning of the result by the hard right as a mandate for a no-deal Brexit. Especially if it is to be forced by muzzling Parliament. That would be nothing short of a rightwing coup.
Ok I'll rephrase that one Dom...Not assume but "99.9% certain".....:laugh2:

Lies were flying in all directions Dom. The market was supposed to plummet the day after Brexit. '“HM Treasury Analysis: the immediate economic impact of leaving the EU”. The report made some catastrophic predictions of what would happen to the UK economy should a leave vote be returned ...Wrong.

An EU army is a fantasy'.....Wrong.

An emergency budget would be necessary should a leave vote be returned....Wrong.

Britain would be at the back of the queue with regard a trade deal with America ....Wrong.

If the “£350m per week” slogan on the bus was misleading, then Osborne’s claim that " households would be £4,300 worse off " if they voted to leave the EU was far worse.....Wrong...

And so the list goes on...
Now either these were all lies of these so called experts don't know their arse from their elbow . Either way should I trust them ?.... :facepalm: ....:laugh2:

Enough Brexit for today...:laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
The dubious exercise in tu quoque you provide doesn't address my points. It is both diversionary and logically fallacious, so I will ignore it :facepalm:
Tu Quoque seems to be in thing at the moment..:laugh2:

It's not diversionary Dom it's what actually happened.
You can't expect people who voted to leave in a lawful referendum to sit their taking criticism by people who tell them they don't know what they voted for yet conveniently sit there disregarding any wrongs they were responsible for themselves.
Ya know in all honesty if we had voted to remain I would have personally respected the outcome of the referendum albeit I wouldn't have agreed with it but from what I've seen over the past few years I've been absolutely appalled by the screaming abusive behavior of many of the so called humanity loving remain fraternity.

With regard a narrow victory..A win is a win is a win and had the result been the other way round we all know that remainers would be arguing exactly the same point.

Last edited:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Off down to the sea in a minute..
The grockles should have all gone home by now and contrary to the MET office warnings to stay at home or fry it clouded over a couple of hours ago, has got significantly cooler and actually rained enough for Sylvia to have to rush outside and bring the washing in..
Oh well, there goes my sunset seascape shots..:laugh2:
I'll just take my phone.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
g afternoons and evenings

HAPPY ROCK AND ROLL / TELE TUESDAY TO ALL

nice . I can appreciate the idea behind these tribute guitars . but I would be more inclined to buy a Squier __ and paint it myself .
As mentioned, it's nice to have an "official version" with Page's input. I was thinking of having Lt Dave make me one a while back. Then Fender announced these at a reasonable price, so I got one.

Should hold it's value too, should I ever need to pass it along. I'll be keeping the hang tags and case candy for those of the cork sniffery type.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Is there anything unusual about the way it sounds or the neck?
Sounds damned good. Just plugged it into a Belle Epoch into an Orange Micro Terror. (The Deluxe Reverb and Marshall will have to wait another time when the family is out of the house.)

The neck has a satin finish in the back, not sticky at all. Its a bit of a "squished C" shape, best I can describe. Its a bit like the normal C shape on a LP Custom, but without as much fullness in the middle. I had a Baja Tele for a short period and I like this neck much better.

BBD

Reaction score
Glad it sounds good out of the box. I like satin necks, I must admit, and I wish they were a bit more common, although I appreciate the difficulties this might create with an LP & co. :)

Its a bit like the normal C shape on a LP Custom
You mean like an R9?

(The Deluxe Reverb and Marshall will have to wait another time when the family is out of the house.)
:laugh2:

I swear to you a good modeller will fix that problem forever :dude: You can get that cranked-until-the-power-stage-is-rockin' thing at as low an output volume as you like... No divorce, no policemen at the door :laugh2:

BBD

Reaction score
1. BJ is now PM. Good? Bad?

2. Iran doing crazy Iranian things. Thoughts?

3. TRobinson. So sad to see this happen to him. He should move to the US. Thoughts?

1. Another old Etonian with a supercharged sense of entitlement and a solid track record for being absolutely crap - at a time of national crisis? What could possibly go wrong?

2. A good argument for lessening the dependence on fossil fuels.

3. TR is persona non grata in the US since he was convicted for entering the country illegally. He would automatically be denied a US visa. Even if he hadn't been convicted for entering the US illegally, his extensive criminal record would be enough for him to be automatically denied a US visa.

As for his current return to prison, he nearly caused the trial of a paedophile ring to collapse by breaching reporting restrictions. The offenders could have gone free. This was so serious that he was imprisoned (again) for being a fuckwit. Are you sure you want him in the US?

Last edited:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Yes, it is. As always, you have simply ignored the points I raised and talked over them.
Because what you have suggested re coups etc hasn't actually happened , whereas all those things I listed have happened and are historical fact , which is why they were either blatant lies or total incompetence by the so called experts..:laugh2:
The reality though with all these figures bandied about ( from either side ) is what they simply call psychological anchoring.
A very powerful tool in both retail selling and politics.

Last edited:

Latest Threads