The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been meaning to ask you about something you said a while back about using an Echoplex to thicken up the tone. When I do that in Helix, I have the delay time and feedback (repeat) zeroed - so you just get the EP-3's mids boost. When you mentioned this I assumed this is what you meant but always intended to check...
Yep, EchoPlex preamp is bad ass!

cmh6122

Reaction score
G'day all.

If the humidity would drop to a reasonable level Wouldn't be too bad.

Haven't noticed any weirdness with the mule here Phil, just have trouble completing a post without forgetting to post it.

Was cloudy again this am so Maddie and I spent it at the bark park.
Gonna do some stomping through some gardens at Lake Shawnee bout dusk.

Hope Ma smiles on us all.

79standard

Reaction score
Wings: Jet was just on the oldies radio station we run in the shop....

Every time I hear that damn song, I am more and more in awe of Sir George Martin....

I could list others but I know Phil gets my meaning...
Any time Sir Paul breaks out that Firebird, I get all excited. His post-Beatles stuff ranged from sublime to ridiculous but mostly sublime, and all of it a master class on how to make a record sound really, really good.

79standard

Reaction score
Oh, and Charlie, one of my neighbors was a cold-war artillery guy like you were, protecting the rest of Germany from the Hungry Bear back in the eighties.

Airborne, from the 101st (Hendrix's base).
Itza small world -- maybe you ran into him.
PM me if'n ya wanna know his name.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
G'day all.

If the humidity would drop to a reasonable level Wouldn't be too bad.

Haven't noticed any weirdness with the mule here Phil, just have trouble completing a post without forgetting to post it.

Hope Ma smiles on us all.
Looks beautiful there Charlie..
Is that haunted amusement park nearby?

sliding tom

Reaction score
Good Morning folkses! :wave:

Is it just me or is anyone else finding it difficult to post and edit things tonight?
It keeps on saying "Whoops we have a problem"....:facepalm:
Getting this this morning with the "like" button here and there....:hmm:

Any time Sir Paul breaks out that Firebird, I get all excited.
Never seen him use a Firebird....:hmm:

BBD

Reaction score
Morning all!

Yep, EchoPlex preamp is bad ass!
Isn't it just? :dude:

Barry played through an Echoplex to his Marshall half stack...

One of the most recognizable tones out there...
Just on my way out of the door, so will listen later but *thanks* for the clip - always helpful to hear what people have done when you know what rig they were using - it's a reality check for modelers - you get to make sure you've dialled in the tone realistically...

Hope the humidity breaks soon and enjoy the walk this evening. I love walking at dusk.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I do make an effort to watch some of these gear comparison videos on YouTube but quite frankly by the time they've got to the third one I have forgotten what the first one sounded like anyway..:laugh2:
Like one I saw with two guys taking turns to review pedals..At the end of one vid one turns round and says he prefers A because B was too dark and bassy..
Could that possibly be that one guy played near the bridge and the other round the neck and played totally differently anyway?.. :hmm:
And why can't they demo one chord sequence or melody line instead of wanking around minor pentatonic scales and power chords.
Is this demo about the product or you ?

sliding tom

Reaction score
I do make an effort to watch some of these gear comparison videos on YouTube but quite frankly by the time they've got to the third one I have forgotten what the first one sounded like anyway..:laugh2:
Like one I saw with two guys taking turns to review pedals..At the end of one vid one turns round and says he prefers A because B was too dark and bassy..
Could that possibly be that one guy played near the bridge and the other round the neck and played totally differently anyway?.. :hmm:
And why can't they demo one chord sequence or melody line instead of wanking around minor pentatonic scales and power chords.
Is this demo about the product or you ?

Apart from the fact that all existing nuances have been lost by going through so and so many devices when they finally are played through one's puny pc speakers

My Les Paul Classifieds