The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

BBD

Reaction score
I took some pitchers..... :naughty:
Hah. Ratlike cunning :laugh2: I should have known you'd have a plan.

Spooky.... :shock:
Yup. It's just before the moment when the ghosts of drowned sailors loom up out of the mist...

Misty and damp outside so when I mentioned the word "walkies" and came up with her harness and lead I was met by this keen response...:facepalm:....:laugh2:
"The pug... a breed known and admired for its speed, aggression and stamina..."

79standard

Reaction score
very difficult for me to wrap my head around all of the tragedies that we've experienced as a group . I've had my share ( stabbings / gunshot / homelessness / psychiatric hospitals / and the list goes on )

but then I read about a person that lost his brother at the age of 4 . another person that's slowly losing his brother . and with everything I've been through , I still can't imagine what it would be like to experience some of the things that others are going through . or have gone through

Good Energy to All
You are a mensch, Christopher -- a damned good man indeed.
Other people's pain does not invalidate your own experience ; never forget that, OK?

79standard

Reaction score
Blimey,.. :shock: That's a coincidence. Strange things happen down the rabbit hole Tom...:laugh2:
Pity we couldn't get some of the Yanks over as I can quite easily book The Crown for a venue.
We'll hold an international meet next time..
It would great to see Art, Tim and Ebers up on stage flying the flag for the good old U.S of A....Yeeee Hawww pardner...:laugh2:
Dang right, buddy! That'd be funner'n hell! :thumb:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Hah. Ratlike cunning :laugh2: I should have known you'd have a plan.

Yup. It's just before the moment when the ghosts of drowned sailors loom up out of the mist...

"The pug... a breed known and admired for its speed, aggression and stamina..."
I sometimes stroll through that churchyard at the witching hour armed with nothing more than an L.E.D flashlight and a capo...:laugh2:
No ghosts as yet.
Pugs certainly were never bred for agility courses that's for sure but you couldn't find a more laid back docile breed with absolutely no malice or aggression. If Peppy sees a rabbit she wants to play with it.
One of the world's oldest dog breeds they were bred solely as companion dogs and in the old Chinese dynasties actually had their own quarters and held a higher status in court than women.

Last edited:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
You are a mensch, Christopher -- a damned good man indeed.
Other people's pain does not invalidate your own experience ; never forget that, OK?
I was actually saying the opposite . I wouldn't consider myself a good person , because part of the equation is that I have a broken mind . so it doesn't really count . I can deal with everything bad that I've ever been through ___ and very often laugh about it

but I feel much worse when I see bad things happen to others

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I was actually saying the opposite . I wouldn't consider myself a good person , because part of the equation is that I have a broken mind . so it doesn't really count . I can deal with everything bad that I've ever been through ___ and very often laugh about it

but I feel much worse when I see bad things happen to others
Until you're broken Art you don't know what you're made of and if it ain't broken then you can't fix it..
You're doing great... :dude:

Last edited:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Leaving Puerto Rico which is just as hot. But less air conditioning. :(

Nicer beaches though.
It's not so much the heat that got us because we survived Death Valley and AZ with its dry heat but the humidity of the southern States.
As I mentioned previously stepping out of a plane from London Heathrow into the midday sun of Houston was like getting into a warm shower wrapped up in a wet duvet..:laugh2:
My wife and I felt positively ill and had to go back into the airport lounge and stay there till our connecting flight to Phoenix arrived.
I know it's all about acclimatisation but initially it's quite hard coming from a country that doesn't have extremes in weather.
Sounds like you had a nice holiday though.. :dude:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Laura read this ridiculous warning on the weather channel

...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT SUNDAY... * HEAT INDEX VALUES...MAXIMUM HEAT INDEX VALUES OF 100 TO 110 THIS AFTERNOON, AND STILL REACHING AS HIGH AS 105 SUNDAY, DUE TO TEMPERATURES IN THE 90S, AND DEWPOINTS IN THE 70S. HEAT INDEX HIGHEST IN LOWER ELEVATIONS AND URBAN AREAS. * TIMING...THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING. * IMPACTS...DANGEROUS LEVELS OF HEAT AND HUMIDITY MAY CAUSE HEAT ILLNESSES DURING OUTDOOR EXERTION OR EXTENDED EXPOSURE. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING MEANS THAT A PROLONGED PERIOD OF DANGEROUSLY HOT TEMPERATURES WILL OCCUR. THE COMBINATION OF HOT TEMPERATURES AND HIGH HUMIDITY WILL COMBINE TO CREATE A DANGEROUS SITUATION IN WHICH HEAT ILLNESSES ARE LIKELY. DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS, STAY IN AN AIR-CONDITIONED ROOM, STAY OUT OF THE SUN, AND CHECK UP ON RELATIVES AND NEIGHBORS. TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTIONS IF YOU WORK OR SPEND TIME OUTSIDE. WHEN POSSIBLE...RESCHEDULE STRENUOUS ACTIVITIES TO EARLY MORNING OR EVENING. KNOW THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF HEAT EXHAUSTION AND HEAT STROKE. WEAR LIGHT WEIGHT AND LOOSE FITTING CLOTHING WHEN POSSIBLE AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER. &&
she warned me to stay inside today . because she knows that I usually don't pay attention to what I consider to be scare tactics . so now I feel like I'm on house arrest :laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Laura read this ridiculous warning on the weather channel

she warned me to stay inside today . because she knows that I usually don't pay attention to what I consider to be scare tactics . so now I feel like I'm on house arrest :laugh2:
A comfortable 69.8 f here today with sun and a gentle sea breeze.
We are off out to do some food shopping and will stop here for a cream tea and walk the pug..

BBD

Reaction score
I sometimes stroll through that churchyard at the witching hour armed with nothing more than an L.E.D flashlight and a capo...:laugh2:
No ghosts as yet.
They're frit. It's the capo.

Pugs certainly were never bred for agility courses that's for sure but you couldn't find a more laid back docile breed with absolutely no malice or aggression. If Peppy sees a rabbit she wants to play with it.
One of the world's oldest dog breeds they were bred solely as companion dogs and in the old Chinese dynasties actually had their own quarters and held a higher status in court than women.
Clearly the patriarchy has deep and ancient roots :)

Latest Threads