The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

sliding tom

Reaction score
Just got in from an afternoon in West Bay.
Had a coffee in the cafe that in the series "Broadchurch" is the police station.
We then called in at the garden center which is literally just over the road from the Crown which Tom is familiar with.
Just in time before the schools break up and half of the U.K. descends on the peace and tranquility of the shire...:laugh2:
What coincidence: picked up the latest issue of the weekly "Stern" magazine this morning which features a long article about the current political and emotional situation in the UK and for illustrations there are two pics of West Bay: one of the beach and one of The Crown Inn! :thumb:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
What coincidence: picked up the latest issue of the weekly "Stern" magazine this morning which features a long article about the current political and emotional situation in the UK and for illustrations there are two pics of West Bay: one of the beach and one of The Crown Inn! :thumb:

Blimey,.. :shock: That's a coincidence. Strange things happen down the rabbit hole Tom...:laugh2:
Pity we couldn't get some of the Yanks over as I can quite easily book The Crown for a venue.
We'll hold an international meet next time..
It would great to see Art, Tim and Ebers up on stage flying the flag for the good old U.S of A....Yeeee Hawww pardner...:laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Damp with sea mists rolling in , so not ideal pug walking weather. There was also a short shower as we walked through the churchyard so we sheltered in the porch for a few minutes till it passed.

photostudio_1563552347623.jpg

An appropriate haunting Celtic melody to go with the pic..

Last edited:

BBD

Reaction score
I took some pitchers..... :naughty:
Hah. Ratlike cunning :laugh2: I should have known you'd have a plan.

Spooky.... :shock:
Yup. It's just before the moment when the ghosts of drowned sailors loom up out of the mist...

Misty and damp outside so when I mentioned the word "walkies" and came up with her harness and lead I was met by this keen response...:facepalm:....:laugh2:
"The pug... a breed known and admired for its speed, aggression and stamina..."

79standard

Reaction score
very difficult for me to wrap my head around all of the tragedies that we've experienced as a group . I've had my share ( stabbings / gunshot / homelessness / psychiatric hospitals / and the list goes on )

but then I read about a person that lost his brother at the age of 4 . another person that's slowly losing his brother . and with everything I've been through , I still can't imagine what it would be like to experience some of the things that others are going through . or have gone through

Good Energy to All
You are a mensch, Christopher -- a damned good man indeed.
Other people's pain does not invalidate your own experience ; never forget that, OK?

79standard

Reaction score
Blimey,.. :shock: That's a coincidence. Strange things happen down the rabbit hole Tom...:laugh2:
Pity we couldn't get some of the Yanks over as I can quite easily book The Crown for a venue.
We'll hold an international meet next time..
It would great to see Art, Tim and Ebers up on stage flying the flag for the good old U.S of A....Yeeee Hawww pardner...:laugh2:
Dang right, buddy! That'd be funner'n hell! :thumb:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Hah. Ratlike cunning :laugh2: I should have known you'd have a plan.

Yup. It's just before the moment when the ghosts of drowned sailors loom up out of the mist...

"The pug... a breed known and admired for its speed, aggression and stamina..."
I sometimes stroll through that churchyard at the witching hour armed with nothing more than an L.E.D flashlight and a capo...:laugh2:
No ghosts as yet.
Pugs certainly were never bred for agility courses that's for sure but you couldn't find a more laid back docile breed with absolutely no malice or aggression. If Peppy sees a rabbit she wants to play with it.
One of the world's oldest dog breeds they were bred solely as companion dogs and in the old Chinese dynasties actually had their own quarters and held a higher status in court than women.

Last edited:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
You are a mensch, Christopher -- a damned good man indeed.
Other people's pain does not invalidate your own experience ; never forget that, OK?
I was actually saying the opposite . I wouldn't consider myself a good person , because part of the equation is that I have a broken mind . so it doesn't really count . I can deal with everything bad that I've ever been through ___ and very often laugh about it

but I feel much worse when I see bad things happen to others

Latest Threads