The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Phil47uk

Reaction score
g mornings / afternoons

just a way of locking the string under the first wrap . also called The Martin Method

I was going to suggest that , but the lower end ones have a zinc block . I put the Wilkinson / Gotoh bridge in Laura's __ and it works very well . I did set her's up to float . takes a bit of work , but ( my opinion ) gives a much better " flutter "
Ah..I wasn't sure who JB was but that's how I always restring a guitar anyway.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
60 proof - are you sure? That'd be only 30% alcohol content - more like a liniment...Guess you mean 120 proof.

I once was treated to genuine Mississippi moonshine when being invited to a party on Chicago's West Side. I don't think I've ever been that drunk before or after.... :laugh2:

60 proof - are you sure? That'd be only 30% alcohol content - more like a liniment...Guess you mean 120 proof.

I once was treated to genuine Mississippi moonshine when being invited to a party on Chicago's West Side. I don't think I've ever been that drunk before or after.... :laugh2:
Yes you are correct . I should have said 60%.. Duhhhh.
I'll have a look at an empty jar tomorrow.
They bought a mini pack of small jars . "Ole Smokey Tennessee whisky"

Last edited:

Gooner

Reaction score
Good evening folks,
its time for an update on how far we got in he quest to read the entire one hippie thread
we now reached where Tommo is painting his dining room, and doing a very good job of it indeed.

other snippets incl'
Friggs parked a old RV in his garden and is working out how to electrify on the cheap, without personal injury.

Vasco finally got his bus pass although judging by his photo he was having a bad hair day, possibly from the shock of seeing Norwich supports voluntary euthanasia Its enough to make anyone hair stand on end

and Sid says Adidas is an anagram of "after diner I done a shite "

its these little moments of profundity that make the quest worth while

Yours Sincerely

Herbert Cheng
Grand Wizard of the Hermetic Order of the Chicken Nugget
Now that is dedication:applause:

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Good evening folks,
its time for an update on how far we got in he quest to read the entire one hippie thread
we now reached where Tommo is painting his dining room, and doing a very good job of it indeed.

other snippets incl'
Friggs parked a old RV in his garden and is working out how to electrify on the cheap, without personal injury.

Vasco finally got his bus pass although judging by his photo he was having a bad hair day, possibly from the shock of seeing Norwich supports voluntary euthanasia Its enough to make anyone hair stand on end

and Sid says Adidas is an anagram of "after diner I done a shite "

its these little moments of profundity that make the quest worth while

Yours Sincerely

Herbert Cheng
Grand Wizard of the Hermetic Order of the Chicken Nugget
Bloody hell!

That's a lot of reading.

Did I mention Adidas backwards means, soon after dinner I did another? I probably did.

Oh and a lot of them old posts made by me could possibly, just possibly be at varying degrees of refreshment.

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Yodies all... Good juju to them what needs it....

Mom in law has been close to passing on for the past few days.... Trying to support the wife, had to do sound for an outdoor gig past week I could not get out of, got home a while ago for us to take a shower (been at hospital for 30+ straight), relax for a minute (a good fresh coffee for me), get dressed and go back to hospital...

Circle of life... She'll be at peace.....
Thanks buds. She passed peacefully a few minutes after we got back to the hospital...

Ed
Just read that Ed. Damn sorry to hear that mate. Sincerest condolences.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Maybe Phil meant 60% ABV. I've drunk Wray overproof Jamaican rum which was about 60% ABV, iirc (which given the silly alcohol content, I may not).
:laugh2:
Just shows how much I know about alcoholic drinks..Just looked at the jar and it says on a small label which I needed Sylvia's reading glasses to read ..64% alc..128 proof.
I think I'll stick to elderflower presse.:rofl:

MooCheng

Reaction score
David Bowie once said in an interview folks passing was like they never really have left, like they were away on holiday or something.... not sure exactly what he means, enduring memories perhaps, or one day meeting again

either way, its something I found strangely comforting

Deepest condolences ehb's to you and your family

MooCheng

Reaction score
a quick flit round the main forum,
its astonishing the attention to minutiae some folks have about their guitars,

I'm sort of, if it plays o.k. then its all I need. But then again, I'm the guy who had a folded up bit of ciggy packet keeping the back of the toggle switch in place on a Yam SG for years

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Its more of a study, I've always been interested in group dynamics, why some folks hit it off while others don't. The one hippie thread is like a microcosm of the world around us. Reading can have you doubled up with laughter one minute then feeling decidedly uncomfortable about whats going down, the next

wading through it, its not that much a task, I only read 10 or so pages at a time. Its quite touching at times reading the thoughts of some folks no longer with us
I think the thread has lasted for the time it has is because all the old hard core remainers in it basically come to have a chat, reminisce and share stories and ideas be they how they mod a guitar to what they and their family are doing.
In my personal opinion the catalyst for its longevity is that these people have been round the block a few times and are not here trying to prove themselves to anybody for the simple reason they don't have to.
Unfortunately as in all walks of life we have been visited on occasion by the know it all's who are confrontational, revel in trying to prove others wrong at all costs and try to dominate and flex their muscles because of their own inadequacies.
Luckily these types never stay long as they don't receive the response they expect as no one takes the bait..No swearing, no shouting or abusive name calling and that infuriates them no end...:laugh2:

MooCheng

Reaction score
I think the thread has lasted for the time it has is because all the old hard core remainers in it basically come to have a chat, reminisce and share stories and ideas be they how they mod a guitar to what they and their family are doing.
In my personal opinion the catalyst for its longevity is that these people have been round the block a few times and are not here trying to prove themselves to anybody for the simple reason they don't have to.
think your right Phil, this place is just a nice place to come and talk about anything and everything, as our American brothers would say "shoot the breeze"

speaking of which, did I tell you about that time I played for the Stones, Keef was ripped off his t!ts on something or other and they needed a guitar player quick..............................what do you mean you don't believe me

Harummmph ! what sort of thread is this

Phil47uk

Reaction score
a quick flit round the main forum,
its astonishing the attention to minutiae some folks have about their guitars,

I'm sort of, if it plays o.k. then its all I need. But then again, I'm the guy who had a folded up bit of ciggy packet keeping the back of the toggle switch in place on a Yam SG for years

:lol:
You are beginning to sound like me...:laugh2:

As I have always maintained, if I'm spending good money on an instrument I expect it to work for me virtually out of the box.
I pick a guitar up and if it doesn't say anything to me personally regardless of the price I simply won't buy it.
If you don't like the feel of a car ( for general use and not as a collector ) you don't buy it to spend an equal amount putting on boutique windscreen wipers. Boutique headlights, a thousand pound stereo, titanium hubcaps and a spoiler...:laugh2:
Mind you, that's just my opinion and other's are free to buy and think what they so wish .