The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I get a custom cab built, it will be a bit taller/bigger and design altered that the 15" speaker is mostly closed back with a grilled speaker vent in back maybe 20% smaller than a horizontal crybaby to have some pressure cushion in the cab section... I'd have the cab deeper to move chassis further back from front which gets the jugs further back from speaker so I can close off the speaker area from chassis and still have room/air space for tubes...

I like open back, but limited open back....

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
That's only because I meant paisley as in design and that teardrop pattern is Persian anyway..
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it....:laugh2:
Aye, my Dad worked in Coates mill until the bastards shut it down and moved it to South America. The design does indeed come from the middle east. It was the clever clogs in Paisley who sussed out how to reproduce it in bulk way back in olde times. Not as far back as kiltie times mind you.

So what's my point? Fecked if I know. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

About to head back out. Bloody roastin' in Paisley today.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Aye, my Dad worked in Coates mill until the bastards shut it down and moved it to South America. The design does indeed come from the middle east. It was the clever clogs in Paisley who sussed out how to reproduce it in bulk way back in olde times. Not as far back as kiltie times mind you.

So what's my point? Fecked if I know. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

About to head back out. Bloody roastin' in Paisley today.
:applause:

Have a great rest of the day Sid...:dude:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
The originals were sepia toned and really yellowed with age but I managed to restore and clean them up fairly well.

My great great Grandfather and Grandmother circa 1880 's in Switzerland. I've since found out that he was born in 1819 (three years after the battle of Waterloo) and she was born in 1829.

View attachment 379510

Their son, my great grandfather when he was younger.

View attachment 379516

One of my great grandfathers hotels taken in the restaurant in Switzerland. I think he's the portly guy with the big moustache seated on the left..Changed a bit from his younger days..:laugh2:

View attachment 379511

And my Grandmother and grandfather with my uncle and aunt 1909. ( my mother hadn't been born when the photo was taken).

View attachment 379512

Lots of people I know really aren't that interested in family history but personally I find it fascinating.
Thanks for those pictures , Phil . very interesting . having a photograph taken was a very important occasion back then __ and to be taken seriously . not like the Instagram kids of today , trying to out smile their friends / show that they're having " the best time ever "

years ago , we used to have a couple of these in the one hallway going towards the bathroom

e6177acb2fb50f6eed412a4dbea5358e.jpg

the hand coloring made them even more " interesting " :laugh2:

old photos are The Best

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Thanks for those pictures , Phil . very interesting . having a photograph taken was a very important occasion back then __ and to be taken seriously . not like the Instagram kids of today , trying to out smile their friends / show that they're having " the best time ever "

years ago , we used to have a couple of these in the one hallway going towards the bathroom

View attachment 379549

the hand coloring made them even more " interesting " :laugh2:

old photos are The Best
Quite right Art..Back then going to have your photo taken was a major event.
That's a great pic you have there. Is that someone in your family..Dad Perhaps?
Ironically I also have a photo of who we think was my great great grandfather and mother from my dad's side taken in what was the old Russian empire during the late 1800's.
What world's apart..The Swiss dressed in their finery and well off and The Russian side ( Now Lithuania) unaware that within a matter of years they would have to flee the country and head for the UK and the States because of the Russian pogroms against the Jews.

photostudio_1557869555506.jpg

Last edited:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
That's a great pic you have there. Is that someone in your family..Dad Perhaps?
no relation . that's a random pic I pulled off the web to show as an example of the way these photos were hand colored ( before color film ) .

please don't think any less of us , but I'll admit that we have a creepy sense of humor ( some might call it ) . after passing 6 of those ovals in the hallway , guests would enter the bathroom , lit only by a red lightbulb __ and burlesque / freakshow pictures on the walls

it was always fun to see the reactions from the first time virgin guests return from the bathroom :laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
no relation . that's a random pic I pulled off the web to show as an example of the way these photos were hand colored ( before color film ) .

please don't think any less of us , but I'll admit that we have a creepy sense of humor ( some might call it ) . after passing 6 of those ovals in the hallway , guests would enter the bathroom , lit only by a red lightbulb __ and burlesque / freakshow pictures on the walls

it was always fun to see the reactions from the first time virgin guests return from the bathroom :laugh2:
Glad to hear you've got a whacky sense of humour..:laugh2:
Not quite sure how Sylvia would react if I put up some burlesque pics up in the bathroom but I have a sneaking suspicion they wouldn't be up there for long...:laugh2: