The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
They continued on without Sigmund even acknowledging the fellow. Clement, puzzled, asked his grandfather why he hadn't given the obviously stricken fellow even a penny.

He replied..."He wasn't doing it well enough". :laugh2:

I think you and Sigmund would have gotten along famously. :shock:

don't try to make me feel any worse __ because it's not going to happen :laugh2:

I just think that a good number of them , seem to have a lazy approach to their craft . like the many people that see a Picasso , and think " I can do that ! " . and I can't say whether or not their feeling it . but I'm certainly not . and it makes me feel sad for judging them

maybe ( ? ) they are putting their heart and soul into their performances . but one girl in particular , made me cringe . she was very un-bathed / shouting not singing / looked like the guitar has become her new way of raising drug money

don't know . maybe someday she'll learn how to play . but it made me think about the idea of effort vs. osmosis

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
On the Roland GK FrankenStrat front....gotta say, after fiddling with it a few days and running through all the presets on a VG-8ex...I think the ARP pickup is superior to the Roland GKs in just about every way. Sound is richer. Output higher and more even across the strings. In fact I have to dial each preamp waaay back. Triggering seems more reliable on synth patches even.

Some highly overdriven patches are a tad noisey as you'd expect from any HB/SC A/B comparisons. Like the hex-amp patches (one amp per string!) which must be dialed back a mite.

Acoustics sound much more convincing as do Strat/Tele/Ricks and lipstick pup configurations. Even mounted halfassed as it is right now sans mounting bracket. There's just more frequency content there to begin with.

There are some very distinct differences in the two type of pickups not the least of which is that the ARP single coil pole pieces are epoxy potted, whereas the tiny GK humbuckers are loose.

Haven't tried MIDI triggering yet, but am hopeul it will prove more accurate and predictable.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by FriggLabs LCC. "Better Living Through Fiddlefuckery".

You may carry on with your day citizens. You're welcome.

Last edited:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
on the topic of buskers

I was downtown yesterday , and the weather was very nice __ so there were several people out , playing guitar . always a good thing to hear , even though some of them are " just trying " . but I noticed that all of them ( save one , who is a well known local musician ) had something in common . for every song , they were using pretty much the same rhythm . very little variation from song to song , to the point that it was kind of annoying

I do appreciate the relaxed laws for buskers in our area . most places they need to apply for permits . but I really wish that some of these kids would learn how to play a little bit better . some of them try to pull off the Haight Ashbury look . and most of them really need to work on their vocals . but they're trying . right ?

that's the thing . after hearing a few of them playing , it seems like they think that constant repetition is going to get them there . most of them were out in the downtown area last year __ and have shown zero improvement . I hate to be critical of anyone making an effort ( ? ) . but come on . . .
I hear ya. Just a little payback for your Simon & Garfinkel bashing. :laugh2:

I'll toss a coin in a kid's case as long as they're not just howling at me and the thing is mostly 'in tune'. But then I also will give some spare change to a wino or homeless person. What they do with it is on them. I'd rather give something to someone who might need it and risk being scammed out of a few cents. You just never can tell about a person's situation.

But I certainly do understand the other side. Lexington is a very progressive city, and their position is to encourage folks to give to charities that support the homeless, and people do. It's a very giving community. They tried to make panhandling illegal but the state overruled it. The primary reason was that it's dangerous to have some inebriated yahoo wander into traffic at a stoplight to beg for money. It's a hazard. Plus, nobody likes to get the shakedown while they're minding their own business trying to navigate their commute safely.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
@edro. On looking at reviews for the Ampkit ap, seems people have problems restoring or even downloading in-ap purchases. Many bad reviews due to that.

So if you do decide to try it I'd stick with the free version. Nice to have it as option as an alternative to other modelers or to run in series with them using Audiobus. Maybe they addressed that issue at some point but since Peavey's gone bellyup doesn't seem likely.

redjunior

Ooooh, the colors....
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good day, Hatters!
spent 'til noon here futzing with CenturyStink service, for I while I couldn't even reach MLP, ferfvcksake....
Appreciated the Friggslab LCC report... Enquiring minds do want to know.
All the Scots bashing, really, a major part of my adopted family just might be of that persuasion, I was always told by my Gram and Grampa " Remember your a McNab, ya little shite" and I loved 'em for it.....

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Yup. my memory was correct. The history of the Highlands Clans is indeed a bloody one, as the feud over the claims to this motto raged for nigh on two centuries. The Whelans being the ultimate victors.

I have to say though...looks much nicer on the Graham heraldry.

image.jpeg

redjunior

Ooooh, the colors....
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup. my memory was correct. The history of the Highlands Clans is indeed a bloody one, as the feud over the claims to this motto raged for nigh on two centuries. The Whelans being the ultimate victors.

I have to say though...looks much nicer on the Graham heraldry.

View attachment 332764
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: