The let's see your midtown thread

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Congrats :applause:

How do you like the sound and the richlite fretboard ?
I don't know if this is common or not, but this board actually needed a little breaking in. There were a few frets that were rough, not excessively, but nothing you would feel with ebony. After bending strings over and over, its smoothed right out.... the whole fretboard is pretty slick.... polished almost now.

I prefer ebony boards as a default, but this board is really growing on me.

nick1962

Reaction score
These are such amazing looking, sounding, and playing guitars. I love them. However, they did just not feel right to me. I had issues with the balance especially when standing. Have others experienced this? Any solutions?!

I really want to get one but this my be a deal breaker. I was hoping to avoid paying for a 356.
I sling mine quite low-balances perfectly!

nick1962

Reaction score
I don't know if this is common or not, but this board actually needed a little breaking in. There were a few frets that were rough, not excessively, but nothing you would feel with ebony. After bending strings over and over, its smoothed right out.... the whole fretboard is pretty slick.... polished almost now.

I prefer ebony boards as a default, but this board is really growing on me.
I had my local tech take a little off the frets-made a huge difference to me.

Guitar Joe

Reaction score
I've put it everywhere else so it may as well go here too lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkmf4R0jz_A]Gibson Midtown Standard P-90 Demo - YouTube[/ame]

GERRYGTR62

Reaction score
Id love to see one in cream a la Alez Lifeson's ES355, wit ha maestro vibrat otailpiece!!

Guitar Joe

Reaction score
Got to use my midtown p-90 with my new band for the first time last night. It sounded amazing, I can definitely see it becoming a regular.

duane v

Reaction score
My 2014 Midtown Custom I picked up last month... Made a few changes by aging the binding and losing all the chrome... For some reason on this particular guitar all that chrome hardware screamed Montgomery Wards when they used to sell guitars through catalogue back in the old days...lol.... So I had to change it out:D

BEFORE

AFTER

skibum00

Reaction score
New to the Forums, I came here a lot as lurker in researching the Midtown Custom and found some really great information. Thanks for all the help! I have been looking for a Midtown for about 3 months now and came across an awesome deal online last week and finally pulled the trigger. I found a scratch and dent return 2014 in sunburst. It was marked down to $950 and the site had a "10% off gift cards sale" so I bought the gift cards and ended up getting the guitar for $850. The guitar has two small scratches on the back that I can't even feel with my fingernail, so it's well worth it for 650 off of retail. It just showed up at my office today so I haven't got a chance to plug it in yet, but the fit and finish feel great so far.

The only scratches I could find:

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Super Mod
Reaction score
New to the Forums, I came here a lot as lurker in researching the Midtown Custom and found some really great information. Thanks for all the help! I have been looking for a Midtown for about 3 months now and came across an awesome deal online last week and finally pulled the trigger. I found a scratch and dent return 2014 in sunburst. It was marked down to $950 and the site had a "10% off gift cards sale" so I bought the gift cards and ended up getting the guitar for $850. The guitar has two small scratches on the back that I can't even feel with my fingernail, so it's well worth it for 650 off of retail. It just showed up at my office today so I haven't got a chance to plug it in yet, but the fit and finish feel great so far.
Welcome here @ MLP
:wave:

and

Happy New s&d Midtown Custom Day

:applause::applause:

Frogfur

Reaction score
I'm up for one after i bought my son one of these in vintage burst. I'd like black. Don't have any black guitars.