THE Les Paul Wall ❤️

rockstar232007

Reaction score
One of the coolest things about this place is, that they're not shy about letting you "try out" ANY of their guitars.

When I was there, one of the sales guys (forgive me if I can't remember who) saw me eying one of their '53 LPs, and I was really close to asking if I could try them out. I heard a voice behind me say "You wanna play them?", and I was so taken aback (bc most places won't let you even LOOK at their high-end stuff, unless they think you're going to actually buy something), that I got cold feet, and just politely declined.

My wife thought I was nuts, lol.

Chicago Music Exchange

MLP Vendor
MLP Sponsor
Reaction score
One of the coolest things about this place is, that they're not shy about letting you "try out" ANY of their guitars.

When I was there, one of the sales guys (forgive me if I can't remember who) saw me eying one of their '53 LPs, and I was really close to asking if I could try them out. I heard a voice behind me say "You wanna play them?", and I was so taken aback (bc most places won't let you even LOOK at their high-end stuff, unless they think you're going to actually buy something), that I got cold feet, and just politely declined.

My wife thought I was nuts, lol.
Hell yeah you can play it!:) We took Scarface, our Burst that recently sold, to the Chicago Vintage show and let whoever wanted to play it, play it!:) It was the coolest thing ever. Next time you're in, grab that guitar my friend and run it through some amps! -David A

jaycoyoyo

I would rather be playing guitar.
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of dropping in back in 2018 when in town for a Pearl Jam show. It was really memorable, and I nearly walked out of there with a beautiful 335! It still haunts me...

BKS

Reaction score
Meh.... I don't think I can cycle that in a day.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to work across the river at WMS Gaming and I'd go to CME on my lunch hour and put my fingerprints on all the guitars.
If I worked there I would be sooooo broke.

Oh wait... :facepalm:

Utmost

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of dropping in back in 2018 when in town for a Pearl Jam show. It was really memorable, and I nearly walked out of there with a beautiful 335! It still haunts me...
The wife and I walked over on the off day Sunday. What an awesome shop! We stayed at the Zachary and had a magical weekend at PJ with everyone! Although waiting in line for 10 hours on Monday only to be evacuated for the rain delay to lose our 2nd row spots hurt ;)
Here was the view!
C6F2F0CE-92A5-4E0C-AC08-C40535A8D7C8.jpeg