The Les Paul LIFTON '59 Reissue Case is now available

valvetoneman

Reaction score
They changed the lining colour to this red one when the old one had pink which was much nicer, they need to sort that out, I prefer my old version.

Skyjerk

Meatbomb
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, they didn't need to change it imo, I won't buy one of these new one's ever now
lol. I didn’t realize people were willing to pay so much for a guitar case, although I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.
im gonna pay $120 US for a gator case for my current build when it’s done, and even that price makes me gag. I usually pay about $100 forma case

valvetoneman

Reaction score
lol. I didn’t realize people were willing to pay so much for a guitar case, although I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.
im gonna pay $120 US for a gator case for my current build when it’s done, and even that price makes me gag. I usually pay about $100 forma case
Don't worry I'm back on the reasonable cases now I don't do pure vintage builds, lots of other things are much cheaper too

EXPLRGAB

Reaction score
are these not the cases that the GIBSON CUSTOM SHOP uses?..Looks the same...Just has WILWOOD instead of LIFTON>

Skyjerk

Meatbomb
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like you just have to slap '59 Re-issue on anything and just increase the price by 50%, 0r 500%, and you're good. :naughty:
I should try that in 3 years when I turn 59

moreles

Reaction score
When does a modern copy from a new maker become a reissue? I have a wonderful '87 "reissue" '61 LP/SG Custom, and while Gibson made it and the original, they aren't the same. it's a 90% accurate rendition, and it's great, but it's not identical to the original. Ditto all the "clones" out there, most of which are anything but "clones." Since when does "budget knockoff with cheaper parts, sloppy labor, and cost-cutting changes" = clone?

Jungle

Reaction score
This Lifton '59 RI case is cheaper than a standard Gibson Les Paul case.
Price is 169 €. I have one,very good and strong case, latches are the same than Gibson Custom shop ones.
  • Professional Arch-Top Single Cutaway Guitar Case
  • Brown patterned tolex over wood
  • Double neck rest for superior headstock protection
  • Classic Purple crumpled velvet lining
  • Gold latches
  • Locking (2 keys included)
It' s a good option to buy something different .

Last edited:

Latest Threads