The Les Paul in Your Avatar?

bum

Reaction score
"man, this thing..." NO KIDDING. WOW. Wait for @Christosterone to see see that!

Any specifics on it you care to share? (Year, model, pickups, etc)
Sure! It's a 2004 Standard, from what I gather the year or so after Gibson introduced chambered Standards and the specs of mine became the Traditional pretty much.
At the moment it has Slash Seymour Duncans in it, I don't want to sound like Slash but know he likes a full bluesy type sound so I tried them out, they are good but I am now on the hunt for something a little more airy sounding.
The Bigsby is on because my band plays a couple of songs which need it, it's on a Virbamate.
Apart from that all stock and a really good one - as a friend of mine said when he tried it 'you bastard, yours is better than mine' :laugh2:
It's very heavy too 10lbs or so

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure! It's a 2004 Standard, from what I gather the year or so after Gibson introduced chambered Standards and the specs of mine became the Traditional pretty much.
At the moment it has Slash Seymour Duncans in it, I don't want to sound like Slash but know he likes a full bluesy type sound so I tried them out, they are good but I am now on the hunt for something a little more airy sounding.
The Bigsby is on because my band plays a couple of songs which need it, it's on a Virbamate.
Apart from that all stock and a really good one - as a friend of mine said when he tried it 'you bastard, yours is better than mine' :laugh2:
It's very heavy too 10lbs or so
TERRIFFIC. My Honeyburst is an 04 Standard as well. 60s neck, an absolutely STELLAR guitar

Reactions: bum

RRfireblade

Reaction score
In black and White it's hard to be sure other than it's one of the 3, 13' Standards I own. The pic was taken at a show and then posted later so that's the best I can do. All of 'em are 13' Premium Plus Standards. I bought the first (Desert Burst) at a year end closeout, on sale and with a coupon for a crazy price IMO. It's absolutely perfect. When the news of the upcoming model year and beyond changes started going around, I grabbed a couple more. They are everything an LP should be and more, and I have variety of colors to choose from now. :D
10-14-17.jpg
m4.jpg

Last edited:

ido1957

Reaction score
197? LP Deluxe Gold Top. Traded in the late 70's for a 55/74. The pics was taken in the CBC studios in Halifax around that time. The studio was huge - maybe it just looked big - but I think 1/2 the size of a gym with high ceilings. It looked a little like the pic below (this is from the Vancouver studio but similar). I remember how dead the room was, soundproofed with floor to ceiling curtains.

vancouver-studio-overview.jpg

Latest Threads