The job I want when I win the lottery...

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I'd build a big practice and recording studio for any the local bands or artists to use at low or no cost.
This has been on my bucket list for some time. I'm looking at warehouse (light industrial) space right now and each time I see a new place, I envision rolling out a bunch of amps and a drum kit (not the current plan for use of said space).

I'd like to not only outfit the space for practice and recording, but let the groups (people) I like use my gear (since a lot of musicians may not have the coin for "nice" gear).

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
To be all the way honest, I’ve never seen an episode of Duck Dynasty, but I imagine something along those lines.
I might have to give my educated wife her own parcel of land to keep her fancy readin’ books.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My wife and I discussed what we would do if we won one of the lotteries with >$500m payouts....

In the end, we decided to build water pipelines in places where people cannot get clean water. That should keep ups buy for the rest of our lives.

efstop

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has been on my bucket list for some time. I'm looking at warehouse (light industrial) space right now and each time I see a new place, I envision rolling out a bunch of amps and a drum kit (not the current plan for use of said space).

I'd like to not only outfit the space for practice and recording, but let the groups (people) I like use my gear (since a lot of musicians may not have the coin for "nice" gear).
The only gear I'm missing for a rudimentary studio is a drum kit and a piano if no one wants to use a controller tied to a computer or MIDI. I have two mixers that make 16 ch when hooked up (the old one has spring reverb) and plenty of guitars and amps and a bass. And a half dozen decent mics.

Why I have all this stuff in a one bedroom apartment is a question to ask a psychologist :laugh2:

fry

Reaction score
Yeah right. I’m getting a blow job every day if I win the lottery.
A guy I used to work with was kind of thinking along those lines. We were doing the thing where you stand around and dream about what you would buy if you won the Powerball. He told me he was going to buy a big house, and fill it with a bunch of young women, all ready to have sex with him whenever he felt like it. I mean, he really described it in vivid detail, he had thought a lot about it.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess my ultimate goal would be to buy up all of X's guitars from the poor kids and shove them all in Steve's water pipes to halt the flow, just because I can. :cool2:

pnuggett

Reaction score
A guy I used to work with was kind of thinking along those lines. We were doing the thing where you stand around and dream about what you would buy if you won the Powerball. He told me he was going to buy a big house, and fill it with a bunch of young women, all ready to have sex with him whenever he felt like it. I mean, he really described it in vivid detail, he had thought a lot about it.

Nah, he just watched the documentary on Epstein (who didn't kill himself).

toymaker

Reaction score
A little less of what I do for a living - a little more of what I do on the side now.

Seriously- the moment I no longer need to work to keep lights on and food in fridge...I'd just start doing something volunteer full time. Raising a garden and donating food, spending time just hanging out in a nursing home talking to seniors, giving free rides - whatever is needed most.

No way could I sit around doing nothing - and hobbies...pass. Hell my hobbies are collecting pricey stuff I don't need....do it full time its called hoarding...

Wish I had the skills to build guitars - but at my age learning a new skill isn't likely. Helping fubd those who know how...got a feeling those who have the know how are few and far between - and have found paying jobs (just not enough to do it full time and give away work though)

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
SOUNDS like an oxymoron to me but I am just a
normal moron so what do I know anyway.

Rednecks can figure out anything... Funny thing about a lot of the redneck farmers..... You'll see several drinking coffee at local places early morning shooting the breeze....overalls, straw hats, worn out work boots.....and between em have more hard sciences edu than in some university head sheds....... They are like mech/structural/industrial engineers without a pocket protector... Smart as hell... You'd just never know it.... Stopped by one bud's house when I saw him out in front of his barn.... That day, his way of saying hello was "go over to the tool chest and put a damn wrench in your hand, you fixing to learn about hydraulics and shit... " Most times was like that.... "Get in the damn truck, we've got to go put a red belly front end back under the rest of it...." Learned many things around several of those guys, he in particular... 4.0 through advanced degrees at AU for one thing about him...and working on tractors, hydraulics, combines,and such was not my kinda town... That shit can kill you quick, fast, and in a hurry if'n you ain't paying attention and/or don't have somebody like them keeping you from killing your damn self... Smart as hell.... I must have learned something from em. I was appointed kitchen staff 'Grit Man' at our weekly wild game feeds for several years until job schedule took me out of the position... Even was allowed to help at the stoves a few times which elevated my status. NOBODY went near the stoves without permission. Ever. For those that don't know, farking up the grits can get you kilt in the South. Lumps, not done, or burnt bottom, and somebody is gonna crank up an excavator and prep for yo burial out back... You see a big field down here with one spot where the crop foliage is a lot darker green than the rest....Yep. Probably burnt the grits....

:cool2:

Tim Plains

Reaction score
I've actually thought about how I would give back I'd I ever won something stupid like $50M and that would be to randomly pick someone slightly older working minimum wage, like mid 30s, offer to pay all of their expenses for two/three years including college, they earn a diploma and then build a better life on their own. If all goes well, do it again with a second person.

Latest Threads