The Japanese Honeysuckle Trio

GiddyHitch

Reaction score
Are those low serial (<H00500) Classics, Roxy? What's the neck profile like?

Roxy13

Reaction score
Are those low serial (<H00500) Classics, Roxy? What's the neck profile like?
I'll have to go look at the serials. The flame top is a 2012 and has that stamp on the bottom of the hs that says so. The plain top could be 2011 or 2012.

The Bacchi duo have the big, round 58 necks. The PM is closer to a slim taper.

Brazilnut

Reaction score
I really like that Bacchus plain top!! Beauty! How much does it weigh, Roxy?

Brek

Reaction score
Nice guitars, quite the collection. I have a look occasionally at those Japanese auction sites, I am intimidated by the fact it’s all in Japanese, and just know I’ll get burnt.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Nice guitars, quite the collection. I have a look occasionally at those Japanese auction sites, I am intimidated by the fact it’s all in Japanese, and just know I’ll get burnt.
Find the translater on your browser, first of all. I can't read Japanese either :) And the study the pics well. Enlarge them all and look for anything that could be an issue like the frets, rusty screws, broken pickup rings, etc. Some of my guitars though were bought in a fixer-upper state and then I did whatever was needed to bring them back to glory.

Two of the guitars on this thread were bought from members here, and one from the auctions. The ones on the other thread are auction finds (3) and a Reverb find (1).

GiddyHitch

Reaction score
I'll have to go look at the serials. The flame top is a 2012 and has that stamp on the bottom of the hs that says so. The plain top could be 2011 or 2012.

The Bacchi duo have the big, round 58 necks. The PM is closer to a slim taper.
Interesting. My 2010 has a fat, 58 neck but my 2011 (with stamp on back of headstock) has more of a 59. My later, C-serial oil series has a slim taper. From my limited data set, I assumed that the necks got thinner over time.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Interesting. My 2010 has a fat, 58 neck but my 2011 (with stamp on back of headstock) has more of a 59. My later, C-serial oil series has a slim taper. From my limited data set, I assumed that the necks got thinner over time.
I had a 2014 Gibson LP Traditional that had a baseball bat neck. These two Bacchus are a smidgen larger at the first firet but a smidgen smaller at the 12th compared to the Gibson. So I would call them '58 necks as well.

jamhandy

Reaction score
FWIW, you can copy/paste all the text on any foreign language web site into Google Translate (including the ideographs for Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and Russian lettering, etc). Google Translate converts the language into English. It might not have every "and" and "the" but I have made one-on-one conversation in chat rooms using Google Translate for a long time.

Not only can you copy/paste Japanese and have it translate to English... you can type in English and it will translate back into Japanese with the proper Ideographs and everything.

I have used Google Translate to speak to people all over the world... (each one says "I can talk to people in (then says the language)
- Spanish - Puedo hablar con la gente en español
- French - Je peux parler aux gens en français
- German - Ich kann mit Leuten auf Deutsch sprechen
- Italian - Posso parlare con le persone in italiano
- Portugeuse (Brazil) - Eu posso falar com as pessoas em portugues
- Russian - Я могу разговаривать с людьми по русски
- Swedish - Jag kan prata med människor på svenska
- Japanese - 日本語で話せる
- Chinese - 我可以和中國人聊天
- Korean - 나는 사람들과 한국어로 말할 수 있습니다
- Polish - Mogę rozmawiać z ludźmi po polsku
- Telugu (a dialect from India) - నేను తెలుగులో ప్రజలతో మాట్లాడగలను
- Greek - Μπορώ να μιλήσω με ανθρώπους στα ελληνικά

In all, Google Translate can translate into 109 different languages. I have had many conversations with people all over the world using Google Translate to first make my message from English to their language... then as they respond in their language, I copy/paste that to Google Translate and Google Translate translates what they are saying back into English. I have spoken in chat rooms with people from all of the languages I have listed and actually many more. Lengthy conversations about in depth subjects, not just small talk.

m5570

Reaction score
The Jap auctions are incredibly easy to use. Used to be cheaper, but that’s prolly better for you as you can buy a lot of guitars in a hurry!

Latest Threads