The Idiots & Non-Payers of eBay Thread: Post & Block em!

JDB

Reaction score
Hello.
Nice guitar. I would be a little worried about the neck getting broke in the post as it looks like a straight thru fixed. Will it be well packed so this can be prevented? Thanks. If you don't it sell drop me a line.

Me:
Hi, If you take a look at my feedback you can see comments on how well I pack my guitars. I will tell you know though that $650 is my bottom price and will not consider any offers.

Hello,
I would be concerned about that guitar coming through the post, that was my point, i'm not having a go.
I didn't say i was going to make an offer either.

:hmm::wave: He must just want me to drop him a line so we can be freinds:D

Stonesy

Reaction score
Some guy on kijiji always hassles me about Prefectures.
Any mention of Fujigen/Orville will usually brings him out.

"I live in Godzilla Prefecture, since 1975, your ObG is fake communist puppet ".

o0mobius0o

Reaction score
Aren't the 90 and up still made in japan? Not 80s for sure.

8070229810_c57874991b.jpg

The measurements are off. :laugh2:

villager

Reaction score
i told him it wasn't 80's and there was originally a ser no pic which was an FH or TH prefix

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
I swear the fool who bought my Fresher on ebay is a buddy of the guy who bought the Bacchus.
It is too uncanny if not.
He has 5 feedback and has not bought or sold anything for 1.5 years.
The emails I am getting from him are unreal.

So should I post em? :hmm:

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
Let us call him..."Plop", shall we?

1st email:

Hi Chris, I was at work, and my son called me to tell me guitar had just been delivered. I was surprised, I kept looking at the tracking to see when it would get to our post office and I guess it never did. I was wondering how the whole shipping process was going to work out, it didn't come the usual conventional way like I expected like ups or us mail. so I think it came by a private carrier? wasn't there. Great Job packaging, and I was surprised that you included a guitar bag, Thank you for that. It wasn't included in the description. (but I was hoping it would) Its always nice to get good surprises. Although did have to spend about 15 min. picking up those styrofoam packaging pellets off the living room floor.LOL! I haven't got time to tune her up yet and plug her in. probably do that real soon, after writing you this. Question for you Chris? Do you know if this guitar was original bought and sold here on our continent or in Japan? I'm kind of interested in it's roots (history) not trying to pry in what you do, I of course respect your business. I just like a good story,LOL

Well, it WAS shipped with Canada Post, as I stated in my auction as I am in Canada!
I stated in the auction:

If it is going to the US, I ship it Canada Post Expedited 7-10 days with a tracking number (unless it is too small to go as such) which then is taken over by USPS Expedited - Be patient as it can sit at US Customs for a week!

Thus USPS takes over (now via Priority which is nice) once it hits the states and USPS's site showed the tracking in real time, perhaps you should check USPS?
How would he know anyway since he wasn't "home" to receive it!?
Oh boy...I could tell this was gonna be another fun one.

2nd email:

I finally got to go out to my studio and plug the"Leo Nine" in. Now comes the hard part. The first thing I discovered was pick-ups were not set up correctly (the rhythm pick-up seemed normal but the treble pick-up was very faint) Also if you played this guitar, did you notice that ends of the fret wires posed a threat if you slid down the neck too fast. also saw an issue with the grommets on the head were not seated (that was a small issue). I give you my word I'll be honest with you.
Well , I my first point of business was to investigate the pick-ups (defective or just out of adjustment). They needed adjusting, as well as the guitar's string action needed improvement. That's when I discovered the stripped bridge adjusting nut (bad threads on the round nut) I have temporary fixed this with a nut from my shop I placed under the round to hold up the other nut. I have picture showing the detail. Now that the bridge can be adjusted. I adjusted the action, the neck truss bolt and the pick-ups. I also did a fret job, very necessary, it was dangerous (when was the last time you played this guitar). I buffed out the guitar while had strings were off, set the tunning peg gommets, put new strings on, tuned it up, Also that pick guard needed some fitting (made a creaking noise every time you hit with your hand) The guitar is now in better shape and adjustment, than when it was new.
I have Gibson Les Paul Sudio and a Epiphone Les Paul studio and put them against the Fresher Leo nine. Same amp settings. went from guitar to guitar to guitar.To see and hear the differences, even weighed them each on a scale. The Fresher is the heavier of the three. Sound wise, comparable to other my other Les Pauls. Not a clear winner...
What it's made of. The top is two pieces glued you can see the seam but no veneer. And the back, is also two pieces.
glued.
This Guitar is an Investment for me. Good DEAL???
Looking forward to your response
Plop

My reply:

Hello Plop

Sorry was away for the long weekend.

Yeah the guitar was new old stock from 80/81.
Nothing was adjusted on it since I bought it thus how it arrived to you is how it was factory fresh.
Sure I played it but not for hours and hours, I own a lot of guitars.
Some are my main bonding players and the others I do not bond with I sell.
Guitars are very individualistic and pickups, neck size, weight, finish, etc are all deciding factors for the owner.
I never adjusted the bridge as it was at a height I was OK with but again action is dependent upon the user.
Most pickguards creak as they are resting against the pickup ring, plastic on plastic will make a noise and not many people push on the pickguard to check for noise but a little 600 grit wet sandpaper will cure that if it really bothers you.
I stated clearly in the auction that it was a 2 pieced flamed mahogany back and a solid top, are you just reiterating that or was something unclear?
Good deal, well that is totally up to you to decide. =)
Did you buy it to collect or buy it to play?
Is it a player for you?
If not or you do not bond with it then sell it by all means however the build quality it top notch IMO and on a collectability standpoint it is very rare and one of a kind.
A solid flame topped guitar goes for much more than $950, especially one that is 33 years old.
Enjoy it!

Cheers
Chris

WOW...where to start here!?
The grommets...the ****ing grommets?! WTF...
The pickups are nothing special so swap em!?
Fret ends were totally fine and not sharp at all but I never dressed them so that is how Fresher did em right from the factory.
No clue what he is talking about the stripped nut, it was totally fine when I had it and once again he was mucking around with it, nicely done.
The pickguard creaks...seriously you are complaining about the pickguard rubbing against the neck pup ring!?
You are comparing it to a Studio and an Korean Epiphone but you own a "studio"?
Now you have "other Les Pauls" so why not compare it to them and why not swap the pups and try it?
What's it made of...yeah solid flame top 2 piece like all Les Pauls and a 2 piece back, as clearly stated in the auction, is that an issue?!
Investment?
That is your call...you paid $950 for a solid flame topped 33 year old new stock guitar, good deal I think and you hit the BIN without asking anything so you must have thought so too.

3rd email:

Hi Chris, Hoped you a good weekend, I am not trying to change that. What I am saying is this. After putting in some serious hours on another guitar ( Told you about, I didn't even have time to get on the Fresher until the next day. The only thing I did was take the guitar out the packaging to make sure it arrived safely. So on saturday morning or noon should say, that's when I woke up. I Grabbed some coffee and took the Fresher over to the studio. Plugged it in. It was a big let down. "Great!, another guitar I have to work on..." I remembered the pictures you had posted on Ebay, The one picture in particular came to mind. The one where you had removed the pick-up showing the insides of the guitar. It was my guess you might not have put it in back correctly. There is or was no way that you would have played the guitar with the bridge pick-up like that. I giving you the benefit of the doubt. But please visualize my frame of mind here. This was suppose to be one of those golden moments. Chris I paid you top dollar for it. Did you know the night you listed your guitar, that another Fresher Guitar (One that I had watching for four days) at 3:00 am would reach it's time limit. The Reason I bought yours, was you described it as "mint". "Mint" doesn't have have problems. Mint is as good as new, with nostalgia!. No worries, you know what mean... And then, when the round bridge adjusting nut just turned and turned and not go up, so can't adjust bridge. . (Whoever adjusted the bridge last time, wedge it in on its side) It's Big Deal??? Whats happened when I want to change strings to a heavier size. My first string is usually a '012 or a'013 when I can find a set. Yeah the frets are not used up, but tarnished, probably why they felt so sharp. The pick guard,every time you strum you hit the pick guard. And just for clarification, The original description, you wrote this is not one of those "multi-piece guitars". 2 top ,2 back is multi.
Sincerely, Plop

Yeah guitars are maintenance free items...they do everything themselves without a hitch.
Put the pup backwards?
They are the 12 hex pole types, there is no "right or wrong" way to put them in but yeah I always put them in the the wire at the bottom corner...good god.
Yeah it is one of those lame 2 piece solid topped Les Pauls....not like the 59 Bursts which were 1 piece :|
And a 2 piece back...sure stops people from paying $3000 for a Super Real 1200.
His grammar is so painful...either way I am not replying any more.

wulfman

Let the good times roll....
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
"The pick guard,every time you strum you hit the pick guard."

Oh lord......

garweft

Reaction score
I have been pretty lucky so far to stay away from anything like that. Maybe I'll go to the local guitar shop this weekend and check for creaking pickguards to complain about.

I do hate sharp fret ends with a passion. But I've never thought of referring to them as a threat. I'll make homeland security aware of this problem with sharp fret ends and their threat to human safety. :laugh2:

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
Yeah..and considering LP's come with 2 piece tops and a separate back and top they ALL are multi-piece...at least 2-3.
Some people have no clue about guitars but think they are seasoned experts I suppose.
Comparing it to a Studio and a Korean Epi...why?

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
I have been pretty lucky so far to stay away from anything like that. Maybe I'll go to the local guitar shop this weekend and check for creaking pickguards to complain about.

I do hate sharp fret ends with a passion. But I've never thought of referring to them as a threat. I'll make homeland security aware of this problem with sharp fret ends and their threat to human safety. :laugh2:

As too do I so if that guitar had them I would have rounded and smoothed them like I do with all my guitars but it was fine.
Definitely not "threatening"
Either way...guitars and ebay, not happening any more.

slapshot

Reaction score
share ID's so they too can be added to the blocked buyer list

Latest Threads