The holy grail for Weber BBQ, is back for a limited time. The 26" Glen Blue Imperial.

Ed B

Reaction score
My pellet smoker gets almost all the action. My kettle has been collecting dust since I bought a Char-griller. Which was like 15 years ago. :laugh2: . As much as I love the kettle. The CG beat it in every way.

Then I added a Big Green Egg. Used the Egg for almost all smoking needs. The Char-griller for grilling. The kettle became my travel grill that I'd take camping and things.

A couple of years ago the Char-griller needed to be replaced. I wasn't ready to give up charcoal or wood. I took a gamble on a pellet smoker. It paid off in spades. The egg has collected dust ever since. That left me with a need for a grill for grilling. Went with a Weber gas grill. As I see it, I have the best of both worlds. Convenience and flavor.

I may grab a rotisserie for the kettle and bring that out of retirement. Or spring for a new, shiny color, like the OP. That is tempting. There's something about the kettle. It's still a thing of beauty.

Sorry for my life's story, but I LOVE to cook outside. :rofl:

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I love that I live in a world where a Weber fan-group is a thing. :laugh2:

"Is that the Historic reissue with proper plastics!"

P8aYVf5.gif

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2 Weber grills. I laugh at the masses that don't understand and waste money on anything else. :)
Yep.
Propane or fire... I've had many cheaper brands. Waste of money. They don't heat evenly, or stand up to the weather like Weber.

Wife does most of the cooking on the Weber.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep.
Propane or fire... I've had many cheaper brands. Waste of money. They don't heat evenly, or stand up to the weather like Weber.

Wife does most of the cooking on the Weber.
The more expensive Webers come with a gorgeous woman to cook for you. :)

Olds442

Reaction score
size comparison to a usual 22" model. tell me you aren't all drooling over that beautiful sixties mojo.

cJBpFci.jpg

so much more space on the 26".

ysbfbhG.jpg

EGIHYgA.jpg

i prefer the vent position opposite the thermometer and not at a 90 like it is on the Spring Green. my Ivory 22" is the same as the 26' and it's just better for cooking indirect that way with the coals on either side of the food.

the 90 works better for slow smoking cooks since you have a larger cooking area with the coal holders at 12:00 and 3:00. "they" say it fits bigger roasts etc when the coals are north and east of the food rather than east and west where you're limited to the center north-south strip of grate space. anyway that never concerned me as i use a thermometer for food temps and know how much coal and venting is needed to hit whatever grill temps i want.

my bowl is a little out of round and if i try to correct it, it may chip or crack the finish, so i'll let weber CS know and they'll send me a replacement bowl free of charge. the grate doesn't spin all the way around like it should, it catches and that's a no bueno for a grill this expensive, rare and truly "authentic".

scott1970

Reaction score
Weber makes a good product. My WSM is going on thirteen years of good use, and it’s still in great shape.

Olds442

Reaction score
The black 26" is $70 cheaper, what's the difference besides color?
the main difference is color and availability. this can only be ordered direct from weber.com as opposed to the usual 26" that can be purchased anywhere. and they're making a limited number of them.

Skeletor

Reaction score
So... off topic.
What is the best way to grill a steak on one of these things?
I'm struggling a bit getting enough heat as I tend to toss on a few things during a cook.
On the gas grill (or my iron pan) I tend to get it really hot and quickly sear... having a hard time achieving that on my Weber

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
So... off topic.
I'm struggling a bit getting enough heat as I tend to toss on a few things during a cook.
On the gas grill (or my iron pan) I tend to get it really hot and quickly sear... having a hard time achieving that on my Weber
On a 26", you should have enough room to heat cast iron directly over the coals. Indirectly heat the steaks to 140 (or less ;) ), then slap them in the iron to sear.

Olds442

Reaction score
So... off topic.
to get the most heat out of a kettle you want the bottom vent(s) wide open, and the top vent wide open as well.

air = heat, the more air, the more heat. (assuming ample charcoal in full burn).

scott1970

Reaction score
Mine came with two coal troughs which provide excellent direct heat. And they're shape is designed to allow them to stand next to each other or fit against the circular edge.

Latest Threads