"The hamburgers are really good too"

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I get heat for my love of Jim- he was pretentious? Yes, Thank ye GODZ.

Fave singers

1. Jim Morrison
2. Iggy
3. Ronnie Van
4. Alice
5. GARY FLOYD!!!!!!

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
I get heat for my love of Jim- he was pretentious? Yes, Thank ye GODZ.

Fave singers

1. Jim Morrison
2. Iggy
3. Ronnie Van
4. Alice
5. GARY FLOYD!!!!!!

what . no Lou ? . no Thurston ? . too much talent and excellent vocals . my neighbor Joe can really belt out a good Cochran tune

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
what . no Lou ? . no Thurston ? . too much talent and excellent vocals . my neighbor Joe can really belt out a good Cochran tune
a, right off the top of me head- Thurston Moore?Love Lou- Tom Waits and Dylan+Johnny Cash............the ladies? Dusty+Pj+Roberta Flack....

Just finished this-damn good.

1574968933945.png

Bluesky

Reaction score
I wish I had a Jim Morrison story....I bet he was a trip to hang with and have a conversation.

My god though......Patty would never make it today. She is not a looker.......back then you made it on talent.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
I wish I had a Jim Morrison story....I bet he was a trip to hang with and have a conversation.

My god though......Patty would never make it today. She is not a looker.......back then you made it on talent.

I have a feeling that back then. For females.

It wasn't what you know.

It's who you blow . . .
That directed your success.

How else could Janis Joplin get anywhere in the music world.

Bluesky

Reaction score
I have a feeling that back then. For females.

It wasn't what you know.

It's who you blow . . .

That directed your success.
That's even worse. I'm not picky when it comes to BJs. Basically......you need to be female......but I'm not sure I could even get it up for her. Shes a train wreck......

henry albert

Banned
Reaction score
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything.

You know, I'm still pissed off at Morrison for killing himself. And depriving me of more Doors albums. Loved everything they did. Even Soft Parade.

Bluesky

Reaction score
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything.

You know, I'm still pissed off at Morrison for killing himself. And depriving me of more Doors albums. Loved everything they did. Even Soft Parade.

I dont think it was a suicide.......just stupidity.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Then how do you explain her?

scott1970

Reaction score
I watched the video. Stephen Colbert has aged so gracefully!

NRBQ

Reaction score
I can still remember going to the theater and seeing The Doors movie, and thinking at the time that they chose to display the myth of Jim Morrison as apposed to the person himself. People are complicated, they can act differently depending on so many things, mood, personality, verbal skills, sense of humor etc. I think it was a good movie, but I doubt we saw much of the real essence of Morrison. By all accounts he was very funny, joked often and had a silly sense of humor, didn't see any of that in the movie. They wanted the Jim that was created after his death. Just a thought.

NRBQ

Reaction score
No doubt .....death creates Legends.

Well and he's still young and good looking, like Monroe and to a lesser degree Elvis, they all would have gotten old just like us mortals. But now they're forever the same, for eternity they'll remain young hot and dead. Like that Rolling Stone cover with Morrison that read "He's young, he's hot, he's dead" and they all make great money to this day.

Crotch

Skippy Handleman
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huge Doors fan. The story the guy in the video told was quite uninteresting though.

henry albert

Banned
Reaction score
I've read they recorded their first album in six hours, Morrison singing most of the vocals from a small bathroom down the hall from the studio.

Latest Threads