The guitar wasn’t the only thing that got hosed in the end.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Asking for PPG should be against the rules.
Agreed.
This is something that I, as a buyer, may use from time to time, but only with a seller that I know and trust... and even then, usually for an amount and item that I really don't GAF if I get screwed.
Rather than going PPG, I'll typically toss in a few extra bucks to help cover the fees... like if I buy something from you for $35, you'll probably get $40.
But even then, it's not worth my time to jump through the PP hoops to recover $40 if I get screwed.

Specifying PPG by the seller should absolutely be prohibited by the marketplace rules. Not only does it create problems such as this, it is also against PayPal's TOS to use PPG for purchases.
Buyer's option? I have no problem with that (even if it is against the TOS), but for the seller to insist on it, and then indicate "or add 10%" is a blatant violation.

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
Never trust a Clown.

Sorry that this happened. I know how i'd feel if a dream guitar of mine arrived and was not to my satisfaction.. Even for $300 it wouldn't be pretty around here.

BetaRat

Reaction score
After about a week I’m only going to assume that nothing will come of this nor did I really expect it to. It was nice to be able to shed light on a situation that should not have happened nor should repeat. Lessons have been learned on this end for sure, but I only hope that lessons were learned on the opposite side as well (though unlikely).

Thanks to all those who chimed in and offered opinions and insights on this matter - it is greatly appreciated.

six-string

Reaction score
I think a lot of us would be thrilled to see photos of the guitar once you are finished the repairs and other set up.
In spite of the negatives of this story, it would be great to see a 'happy ending'.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
What has happened to the guy’s money? Did you return it somehow?

cheers.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dude may not know any better, got taken himself and wanted to share the misery, bottom feeder flip artist, or could just be a Buford....

Ball is in his court.... He gets to decide....

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
What has happened to the guy’s money? Did you return it somehow?

cheers.
I think you are in the wrong thread. This is the thread where @bblooz misrepresented a guitar, charged more than it would have been worth if it was NOT fucked up, and then bailed when the buyer called him out on it....and since the buyer used PPG, he is SOL, unless @bblooz wants to step up and do the right thing.

This is not the thread where the seller refunded the money, apparently @bblooz would not do that.

I think it’s unfair (and I’m also confident it’s against the rules) to call a member a piece of shit and question their character.

I’m usually with you on things, X, but this is too far.
It may be against the rules to call @bblooz a POS, but I do not believe it is against the rules to question his character, especially when there is evidence that it is questionable in the first place.

Bro, I get exactly what you are saying, and we do not know both sides......BUT......that is because @bblooz has not had the character or fortitude to come here and explain, or contact the OP to try to work something out.

He had better be glad it was not a few others on here that purchased it.......I have taken road trips for MUCH less money.

@BetaRat contact paypal...there was someone here a few weeks back that used PPG and got screwed over (not by @bblooz though,) and paypal actually helped him recover his money.....It just amazed me, since he was trying to screw them to begin with.

It's worth a shot, because apparently @bblooz is not going to do the right thing.........

Friday, after all.
:fingersx:

Last edited:

Rando375

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you are in the wrong thread. This is the thread where @bblooz misrepresented a guitar, charged more than it would have been worth if it was NOT fucked up, and then bailed when the buyer called him out on it....and since the buyer used PPG, he is SOL, unless @bblooz wants to step up and do the right thing.

This is not the thread where the seller refunded the money, apparently @bblooz would not do that.

It may be against the rules to call @bblooz a POS, but I do not believe it is against the rules to question his character, especially when there is evidence that it is questionable in the first place.

Bro, I get exactly what you are saying, and we do not know both sides......BUT......that is because @bblooz has not had the character or fortitude to come here and explain, or contact the OP to try to work something out.

He had better be glad it was not a few others on here that purchased it.......I have taken road trips for MUCH less money.

@BetaRat contact paypal...there was someone here a few weeks back that used PPG and got screwed over (not by @bblooz though,) and paypal actually helped him recover his money.....It just amazed me, since he was trying to screw them to begin with.

It's worth a shot, because apparently @bblooz is not going to do the right thing.........

Friday, after all.
:fingersx:
tenor-32.gif

TheX

Dirka Dirka
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s unfair (and I’m also confident it’s against the rules) to call a member a piece of shit and question their character.

I’m usually with you on things, X, but this is too far.
I disagree. He's aware of this thread, and has ignored it. I sure as hell questioned his character. He is a perfect example of the person that I warn people about when they use PPG.

Last edited:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
No need to call this c*******er* a POS. We're civilized, after all.

*Wait, can we still use "C*******er"** as an insult? If not, please pardon my lack of etiquette. I don't get out much.

**This was never a gay insult when I was coming up. In fact, in my (limited) mind it didn't have a sexual connotation (looking back on it, maybe I wasn't that perceptive). It was just something that got said.

Last edited:

DotStudio

Reaction score
No need to call this c*cksucker* a POS. We're civilized, after all.

*Wait, can we still use "C*cksucker"** as an insult? If not, please pardon my lack of etiquette. I don't get out much.

**This was never a gay insult when I was coming up. In fact, in my (limited) mind it didn't have a sexual connotation (looking back on it, maybe I wasn't that perceptive). It was just something that got said.
giphy-1.gif

Latest Threads