The Gear Page banned me - please help?

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm searching hard for a way to care.

It ain't here, it ain't there, it ain't over, under, sideways , down. None of my business, not playing their game, none of my beexwax what their sexual pecadilloes are.

Why do people give a flying fuck what someone "identifies" as, has in their pants, is binary, circular, trapezoidal tendencies.. "hey, lookie here, I shoved a tennis racket up my ass today! And on Tuesdays, I think I'm a giraffe! Wednesdays, I'm a fat old lady with bingo wings!.."

It really has Zero effect on the lives of others. Why do they start a huge discussion and a war over it?

oh, wait.. "attention". but of course.

For the same reason every day all over the world Women make videos of themselves talking about bullshit. Or venting, or going, "I don't know who needs to hear this, but..." videos.

They love the drama and attention and hearing themselves talk.

It's probably part of why TikTok is popular. It caters to that need for 'look at me' attention.

A lot of these people think they're celebrities, or "influencers", or whatever.

Then there's the perpetual victim crowd and the perpetually outraged crowd. The Karens,.. the Me-Too's,... the 'watch me watch a youtube video and react to it' people.

It's all crazy. Some of these people really think they're important though and that everyone wants to hear all their blathering thoughts.

Last edited:

DeafDumbBlind Kid

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a lot to not like over there, that's for sure. It was better when you could ignore threads. Had to do that practically every Monday during football season. Then with the last software change we lost that weapon. I have so many people on ignore because they harped on 1) my sports teams, 2) cats and/or cruelty to animals in general, or 3) were extremely prohibitionist about weed. Dozens of them. Some were extremely high # posters, too. I ignore a few "lookatme, imma special snowflake because I identify as XYZ" because what the fuck does that have to do with guitar?

I checked my other sites. Two of them had one member ignore, the rest were spams. This site and one other had zero ignored.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My bumper sticker.... attention all Subaru pronoun owners....

EatADick.jpg

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I went back to thinking of my earliest years and experiences with guitar-oriented websites and remembered something that made me laugh and never return to a certain website again. Matter of fact, that site was so loaded with true, total turkeys that I realized instantly that only a fool or somebody with a weird sense of humor would want to hang out with those guys... :p

The site was none other than the official Gibson company website! :laugh2:

The remark that caused me to change channels faster than when a song by Bread comes on had to do with the Gibson ES-355 Lucille models. The guy who wrote the comment was talking about what a POS the instrument was, and as proof he made the following statement:

"I found that while bending the #1 E-string downwards, it was easy to run the string completely over the edge of the fretboard!"

For a second or two, I figured that the guy just got confused about the numeric order assigned to guitar strings and mixed up #1 as being #6. But then I tried to imagine anybody bending the low E down so far that it went off the edge of the fretboard and realized that no: this guy really *was* talking about the #1 high E string and bending down! :laugh2:

I read on, expecting to see somebody else questioning that weird-ass statement... but instead, he had a chorus of supporters who all bashed on the Lucille model for "not having enough fretboard real estate" to bend down on #1 before the string went over the edge. A second bozo actually claimed that BB King himself was known to complain about this "design deficiency"... o_O

I finally realized that I was reading comments made by people who probably didn't even play the guitar. No other way to explain how it was that they were even more clueless than I was at that point in time.

Yet, they all spoke as if they were authorities of some sort. :rolleyes:

As I said: never went back! :rofl:

--R :p

Last edited:

Roxy13

Reaction score
@Roberteaux I have a friend that I do his guitar work for who bends his treble e and b strings down and off the edges of the fretboard all the time. He had bought a guitar that not only had the most horrible refret but every single fret on the treble side had popped up. So he was getting both of those strings stuck under the frets. Ok, I hammered them all back down and glued them in and figured problem solved, but when I play I bend both of those strings UP. Well, he took it home and the strings were still getting stuck, but not under the frets. Each fret was a different distance from the edge of the binding. So what was still happening was that the strings were getting stuck on the edges of the frets that were longer than the frets on each side lol. He didn't want it refretted again so that was an interesting guitar for me to solve, but I did get them all an equal distance from the edge for him and problem was solved.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
@Roberteaux I have a friend that I do his guitar work for who bends his treble e and b strings down and off the edges of the fretboard all the time. He had bought a guitar that not only had the most horrible refret but every single fret on the treble side had popped up. So he was getting both of those strings stuck under the frets. Ok, I hammered them all back down and glued them in and figured problem solved, but when I play I bend both of those strings UP. Well, he took it home and the strings were still getting stuck, but not under the frets. Each fret was a different distance from the edge of the binding. So what was still happening was that the strings were getting stuck on the edges of the frets that were longer than the frets on each side lol. He didn't want it refretted again so that was an interesting guitar for me to solve, but I did get them all an equal distance from the edge for him and problem was solved.

Well shucks-- ya learns somethin' new every day! :hmm:

I once played a brand new SG Special that had the worst fret job I've ever felt on any guitar whatsoever. They were too long, stuck out on both ends. It would have been painful to try to slide around on the neck of *that* ax, let me tell ya. They weren't quite edge-sharp, but they were painfully pointy. I brought the guitar to the attention of a senior sales guy, who (like me) was flabbergasted by that really funky fret situation.

He called others over... there was a buzz as everyone tripped out. How did this thing ever get past their in-house tech?

I felt a little bad, because I didn't realize that they were about to go flame that guy for ever putting the instrument on the wall to begin with-- so I grabbed an SG Standard, plugged into a demo amp, and kind of disappeared until I was sure the manager had finished reaming him.

I bought that SG, too. Perfect fretboard and no neck dive! :laugh2:

But bending down and the treble B and E? If you say it's do-able, then I for sure do believe you. Just, it never would have occurred to me to ever actually do so-- and I still think that the whole "design deficiency" comment was a bit of posturing.

Damn, though-- I wish you could have experienced the sheer lousiness of the fret job on that SG Special. You bend your #1 E down on that sucker, you'll never see it again! :laugh2:

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
I went back to thinking of my earliest years and experiences with guitar-oriented websites and remembered something that made me laugh and never return to a certain website again. Matter of fact, that site was so loaded with true, total turkeys that I realized instantly that only a fool or somebody with a weird sense of humor would want to hang out with those guys... :p

The site was none other than the official Gibson company website! :laugh2:

The remark that caused me to change channels faster than when a song by Bread comes on had to do with the Gibson ES-355 Lucille models. The guy who wrote the comment was talking about what a POS the instrument was, and as proof he made the following statement:

"I found that while bending the #1 E-string downwards, it was easy to run the string completely over the edge of the fretboard!"

For a second or two, I figured that the guy just got confused about the numeric order assigned to guitar strings and mixed up #1 as being #6. But then I tried to imagine anybody bending the low E down so far that it went off the edge of the fretboard and realized that no: this guy really *was* talking about the #1 high E string and bending down! :laugh2:

I read on, expecting to see somebody else questioning that weird-ass statement... but instead, he had a chorus of supporters who all bashed on the Lucille model for "not having enough fretboard real estate" to bend down on #1 before the string went over the edge. A second bozo actually claimed that BB King himself was known to complain about this "design deficiency"... o_O

I finally realized that I was reading comments made by people who probably didn't even play the guitar. No other way to explain how it was that they were even more clueless than I was at that point in time.

Yet, they all spoke as if they were authorities of some sort. :rolleyes:

As I said: never went back! :rofl:

Wheeew! Until you got to the part about the 335, I thought you were going to say it was me.:shock::rofl:

That was a wild place back in the day.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Well shucks-- ya learns somethin' new every day! :hmm:

I once played a brand new SG Special that had the worst fret job I've ever felt on any guitar whatsoever. They were too long, stuck out on both ends. It would have been painful to try to slide around on the neck of *that* ax, let me tell ya. They weren't quite edge-sharp, but they were painfully pointy. I brought the guitar to the attention of a senior sales guy, who (like me) was flabbergasted by that really funky fret situation.

He called others over... there was a buzz as everyone tripped out. How did this thing ever get past their in-house tech?

I felt a little bad, because I didn't realize that they were about to go flame that guy for ever putting the instrument on the wall to begin with-- so I grabbed an SG Standard, plugged into a demo amp, and kind of disappeared until I was sure the manager had finished reaming him.

I bought that SG, too. Perfect fretboard and no neck dive! :laugh2:

But bending down and the treble B and E? If you say it's do-able, then I for sure do believe you. Just, it never would have occurred to me to ever actually do so-- and I still think that the whole "design deficiency" comment was a bit of posturing.

Damn, though-- I wish you could have experienced the sheer lousiness of the fret job on that SG Special. You bend your #1 E down on that sucker, you'll never see it again! :laugh2:

Well, see, it had never occurred to me either that some people might bend their outermost treble strings down lol. So sure, once I had all the frets reseated and fixed the nut/did the full set up (someone had also just stuck a Graphtech Tusq nut blank in and never adjusted the nut slot height), it was playing fine for me despite the hack job of a refret and I figured it was all good lol. So when he told me the strings were still getting stuck I was like how??? Well, he brought it back and then I figured out how and why and could see which frets this was happening on and of course it was all the ones longer than their neighbors. From there the thinking outside the box then had to focus on, can I fix this without ripping all the frets out and doing it right. Well, I did manage to do it and I learned a good lesson of guess what? Not everyone plays the same as you do and since he plays well I can't say he's wrong lol.

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t bend those strings down. WTF?

Had a Tokai “Breezysound” with SD Quarter Pounders onboard.
My high E string insisted on getting hung up in the bobbin of the neck pickup every time I did my Roy Buchanan “stab the notes to death” heavy handed ham fisted move!

Latest Threads