The future of guitar

TheX

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
The future of guitar? I just got my Ramirez 125 Anos Anniversary guitar. I guess the future of guitar for me is nylon. That pertains to exactly one person here, so...

judson

Reaction score
that was boring and cheesy. If the future of guitar is to make it sound like a keyboard playing EDM and Techno sounding stuff, ..... meh.

I was waiting for something amazing and new to happen but it's just a guitar synth

...now I have to clean my ears with some thrash drumming, riffs, and harmonized leads... :dude:

so my niece has a daughter that is into alot of asian stuff and also plays the drums....she is watching some gay boy band from asia, tells me they have sold more albums than the beatles....pure trash...really just an asian remake of New Kids on the Block

i told her to do an internet search of this ....told her if she wanted to be a drummer, you have to be this good...and that just gets you to back up band status....she was amazed...hope i got her away from the pure trash that is out there today....who knows

Malikon

죽을래
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
so my niece has a daughter that is into alot of asian stuff and also plays the drums....she is watching some gay boy band from asia, tells me they have sold more albums than the beatles....pure trash...really just an asian remake of New Kids on the Block

i told her to do an internet search of this ....told her if she wanted to be a drummer, you have to be this good...and that just gets you to back up band status....she was amazed...hope i got her away from the pure trash that is out there today....who knows

Show her them playing Distortion, his legs are machines...

rogue3

Reaction score
I noticed a while back how jazz guys were scooping up grocery store gigs, with portable all-in-one roll the band in on a dolly set-up.amp,mixer,processor,keys,guitar...perhaps this would work for grocery store rock guys...beat out those tunes for the shopping carts as they pass by.Back to the future indeed.
ps:someone will be inventive with it,after all,just another tool....triggered .

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
more baby metal please.....and I've not heard of this group why???

Oh that guitar synth was fucking lame....sorry....it is.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I don’t know that a keytar Is, and perhaps I don't even want to know, For this recent Christmas, I got a “the Chemist” guitar pedal that can get phase, chorus or octave below, with basically two channels. But one effect at a time. If I crank the octave function to it’s max, it sounds a bit like the “key tar” on the clip above, especially behind a compressor — but I don’t use it cranked to the max. I use just a tiny bit of this FX cranked in to give some depth to the notes — which this pedal allows with several knobs.

Back in the early 80s I got into an argument with Craig Anderton in the “letters” area of GP mag. He thought guitar synths were the future, and I said BS. I guess he must have won, as he is still writing articles for GP, and the mag knows who I am only when my subscription needs to be renewed! So I am glad to hear so many astute players agree with me almost 40 years later.

Malikon

죽을래
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
more baby metal please.....and I've not heard of this group why???

Oh that guitar synth was fucking lame....sorry....it is.
Wait for it..... (the guitars to kick in)

(Also check out Doll$boxx, Aldious, Unlucky Morpheus, .. )

(Amazing band, they're all virtuoso)

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Mal,

This reminds me of the “opera rock” of Floor Janson (from the Netherlands) which can be accessed on ”the best female singer“ thread on MLP. I think opera rock is a great genre. Too bad Meat Loaf sort of rotted! But it is good to see others (though from across both seas) are filling the void — only better!