Is this thread useful?

• Total voters

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Label say Set-up
How do you see that tuners are fake...to compare with real ones?
this are real ones...

If you don't believe me, feel free to ask the customer-Service guys in the Netherlands
and hope to get one of the knowledgeable ones like Stijn V (hopefully he still works there)

Service.Europe@gibson.com

Last edited:

Hogie34

Reaction score
Label say Set-up
How do you see that tuners are fake...to compare with real ones?
even if you totally disregard everything else, the font for the EE is bolder and larger than the numbers which is a dead giveaway that it’s a fake.

If you are able, get a hold of the seller and let him/her know and get your money back. If you like the guitar, it plays well and you didn’t pay a lot, enjoy it but just don’t be a douche and try to sell it off as something it’s not. It sucks to find this stuff out and before I knew that they were faking Epiphones like they were Gibson’s, I was taken too. I vowed to learn everything I could about spotting them. Pawrui indirectly taught me a lot, basically everything I know about spotting them. I as well as several other folks respect his knowledge and enthusiasm for these guitars. I can without a doubt say that he would never steer you wrong on purpose and I’ve never seen him call out a guitar as fake that was genuine.

Last edited:

oooliver22

Reaction score
Thanks a lot to you for the advise and evidences. I will report it as a fake :-(

agoodvintage

Reaction score
Hey guys, this one seems legit to me but it's my first real guitar and I'm a bit OCD.
Another question, the serial number stamped on the headstock is kinda hard to read, but I'm pretty sure it says F354401. Is there a website to locate when its made? I know one place I tried said 2003 but that had to be wrong as this model wasnt around until 2009 (i think). Tried contacting Epiphone but 2 days later still waiting on reply.
Cheers for any info.

Attachments

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
but I'm pretty sure it says F354401. Is there a website to locate when its made?
Hi,
Welcome here @ MyLesPaul-forum

Your Tribute+ looks absolute legit to me

here is more information about the serial#

F-Serial used on LP Std'59/'60 models and Tribute/Plus models
This newest serial number system used by Epiphone is not yet completely deciphered.

'F' doesn't refer to 'Fine, Korea' - nor to 'Fuji-gen, Japan' - New "F" models are made in China.

This serial number system doesn't exactly tell the year - and doesn't tell the month at all.
  • Beginning with F300000 in late 2009 used on LP Std'59/Std'60/Tribute models
  • Continued around F310650~F311050 in spring 2012 on Tribute-Plus models
  • Continued around F305000 in 2011
  • Continued around F310000 in 2012
  • Continued around F317000 in 2013
  • Continued around F324000 in 2014
  • Continued around F330000 in 2015
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Epiphone serial-number-information

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score

Anderson

Reaction score
No, it looks absolute legit to my eyes....

Welcome here @ MyLesPaul forum

:wave:
Thanx ppl. I decided to buy from a big seller in Frankfurt, and I am going home with my beautiful Epiphone Les Paul Standard back to Brazil. Now I'm going to take some lessons. Rocksmith alone isn't working. :)

Rafael Matos

Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm new to the My Les Paul forum and first I'd like to thank the authors and everyone else for the contributions, awesome thread. I've learned a lot on how to spot a fake Epi. But now I'm not sure about this one I'm after, can you please help me? The seller didn't had any more pictures so I asked him for more to see the serial number, body and headstock bindings. If I remember right those antique ivory LPs were made circa 2006~2008.

Attachments

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
can you please help me? The seller didn't had any more pictures so I asked him for more to see the serial number, body and headstock bindings.....
we need the additional pics to make a call on it

and

Welcome here @ MyLesPaul

Jarvis

Reaction score
Hi fellas, I've been given a les paul custom in a trade(can return it if need be as a family friend) I've checked the usual bits and I think it look real. the pictures at the beginning of the thread are gone so I can't double check. would you be kind enough to give me your opinion if it' fake or not.

Attachments

Jarvis

Reaction score
Hi fellas, I've been given a les paul custom in a trade(can return it if need be as a family friend) I've checked the usual bits and I think it look real. the pictures at the beginning of the thread are gone so I can't double check. would you be kind enough to give me your opinion if it' fake or not.

Attachments

Jarvis

Reaction score
hi thanks for that. can you explain why you've come to that decision ? just so I know for future reference as I don't think it looked bad except the serial and round bridge posts.

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
can you explain why you've come to that decision ?
The first post of this thread shows pics to compare

• Big fat EE in the serial#
  • ranking# way to high for this time 75447
  • rounded studs
  • wide binding
  • screw on the Pickguard misplaced
  • big tuner-washers

Jarvis

Reaction score
yeah I viewed that but the pictures wouldn' load. noted rounded studs and ee serial seemed bolder but uniform in height. I liked the knobs up woth the pickguard screw so I assumed that was correct.

GunMonkeyINTL

Reaction score
yeah I viewed that but the pictures wouldn' load. noted rounded studs and ee serial seemed bolder but uniform in height. I liked the knobs up woth the pickguard screw so I assumed that was correct.
The PG screw is actually another indicator. It is too close to the outside edge. Compare to the location on a known good one, and you’ll see it’s closer to the outside by 1/4” at least.