Is this thread useful?

• Total voters

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Awesome, Thank You!! I was hoping you would share your opinion! Could i trouble you for one more? the only issue i see is a small hairline crack in the finish where the neck meets the body, could you look at the pictures and see what you think? is it more serious? i can try for better pics if need be...again Thank You for your time and help!

it is where the heel is glued on....

if nothing moves, I wouldn't care

dsdes

Reaction score
Hi i need help to know if this Epiphone Black Beauty is fake, the seller send me some photos and the guitar looks original but the guitar doesnt have a serial number, the seller told me that in the papers theres a serial (11071506561). The guitar comes with a Gigbag and some papers. Please excuse my poor english.

XTsb4By.jpg

kB1PajO.jpg

sBmJnzY.jpg

v43syTK.jpg

UM1kY6G.jpg

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Hi i need help to know if this Epiphone Black Beauty is fake, the seller send me some photos and the guitar looks original but the guitar doesnt have a serial number, the seller told me that in the papers theres a serial (11071506561). The guitar comes with a Gigbag and some papers. Please excuse my poor english.

sBmJnzY.jpg

It seems it had a broken headstock and got repaired...:hmm:

all other things look fine to me

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Peter,

I would not be so assuring about the broken headstock It doesn't look
like the best repair to me. And where did the serial number go?

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Peter,

I would not be so assuring about the broken headstock It doesn't look
like the best repair to me. And where did the serial number go?

Where did I say anything about the quality of the repair-job ?

the serial# probably got overpainted...:cool:

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Peter,

True, you said nothing about the quality of the repair. But should you have? And as to the lack of visible serial number, how can we even know it is genuine without a serial number?

I intend no disrespect in this response. You have been of great service to Epi buyers. But in this case, I honestly feel this guitar is worth very little, the headstock repair is poor, and the serial number is invisible. What if it began with a large "EE" ?

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Peter,

True, you said nothing about the quality of the repair. But should you have? And as to the lack of visible serial number, how can we even know it is genuine without a serial number?

I intend no disrespect in this response. You have been of great service to Epi buyers. But in this case, I honestly feel this guitar is worth very little, the headstock repair is poor, and the serial number is invisible. What if it began with a large "EE" ?

There are NO other things that makes me think it could be a Fake.....

dsdes

Reaction score
Hi thank and you for your help, the seller send me more detailed photos of the tuners zone and i could see clearly the guitar was repaired becouse the diference in the painting finish between the neck and the headstock and a big line in the painting , at the end the guitar is original but was poorly repaired so i didnt buy the guitar.

dexgo

Reaction score
Good day.

Browsing around, I saw this:
_86.jpg

_88.jpg

_89.jpg

Is this legit? Guy is asking £90 for it.

Thank you.

davi3j

Banned
Reaction score
looks like a Lpj70, Im no expert but looks legit to me. Im sure someone with better knowledge will be along soon with a more definite answer. If it is legit, then bite his hand off for it

Ramsayjim

Reaction score
Hi can you guys take a look at 191502004219 on ebay..ive told the person its fake and also reported to ebay but hes still sold it today. .trying to protect the buyer here

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Hi can you guys take a look at 191502004219 on ebay..ive told the person its fake and also reported to ebay but hes still sold it today. .trying to protect the buyer here

reported to Gibson/Epiphone

:thumb:

vomer

Reaction score
A guitar with this same serial number appears in this thread, post number 4935. People, google is your friend!

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
A guitar with this same serial number appears in this thread, post number 4935. People, google is your friend!

No kidding! I can't believe the number of people who come here saying something like: "I just bought this Epi and I'd like to know whether it's fake." Really? If you know how to post to this forum, why the h3ll don't you ask BEFORE you buy?!? Sheesh......

Latest Threads