The Expanse

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
We watched the first show of this last night. Seems like it could have possibilities.

The Expanse

maxresdefault.jpg

Kashmir

Reaction score
I turned it off after 10 minutes. Seemed second rate to me. Maybe I'll go back to it if I read more positive reviews about it.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Reaction score
It is TV so the CGI is a bit skimpy. But I think it compares to the BSGR series.

A few that CGI sucked moments ... but mostly felt it has possibilities ... if it is not too expensive to make and ends up getting dropped.

acstorfer

Reaction score
Okay, besides the two shows I already like and am caught up with (Grimm and Agents of SHIELD) I still have an entire season of Orphan Black to watch, Gotham (I only watched the first three episodes but I liked them), Supergirl ( I haven't started that yet), Jessica Jones (I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure I'll like it), and Scream Queens (I have four episodes to watch). Oh, and a new season of Agent Carter starts in January. Oh, and when Netflix has season two of Salem (they may have it by now) I'm gonna be on top of that.

Keep me in the loop on the Expanse, but it will have to be pretty great for me to bother. My plate is pretty full as it is, and I don't even work.

Kashmir

Reaction score
Okay, besides the two shows I already like and am caught up with (Grimm and Agents of SHIELD) I still have an entire season of Orphan Black to watch, Gotham (I only watched the first three episodes but I liked them), Supergirl ( I haven't started that yet), Jessica Jones (I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure I'll like it), and Scream Queens (I have four episodes to watch). Oh, and a new season of Agent Carter starts in January. Oh, and when Netflix has season two of Salem (they may have it by now) I'm gonna be on top of that.

Keep me in the loop on the Expanse, but it will have to be pretty great for me to bother. My plate is pretty full as it is, and I don't even work.

What, no Fargo (the best show on TV)? Into the Badlands? I like Orphan Black, but I wouldn't watch any of the others on your list. Hey, we're all different.

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
SyFy shows are sooo hit/miss for me.

I tried watching "Killjoys" and was horribly disappointed. I'll let this one ride for a bit before I decide to check it out. See what the reviews say...

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

I tried watching "Killjoys" and was horribly disappointed. I'll let this one ride for a bit before I decide to check it out. See what the reviews say...

SyFy has the potential to be such an excellent network, if they'd just hire some grounded writers for their shows.

acstorfer

Reaction score

I watched Defiance for a whole season waiting for it to get good. Sigh.... It never did :(.

chazza

Reaction score
I really liked the Expanse books, but TV sci-fi tends to be a big let-down for me.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Reaction score
Syfy has put out episodes 1-4 now. I've watched the first 3 and like it well enough.

It is definitely not an action packed show. At least at this point they just seem to be finding a way to introduce all the different "factions" and characters.

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
Is it smart? Well acted and written? I'm still waiting for more detailed reviews lol. :)

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Reaction score
Too early to really tell ... for me anyways.

Lots of elements to introduce. They are kind of scatter gunning it right now.

Reminds me a lot of Caprica's character play, and a lot less "emoting" than Defiance ... which is really good in my book.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Reaction score
This amazing sci-fi show reveals the biggest problem everyone ignores about space travel

theexpanse_science_101_07.jpg

"Flip right now and burn like hell and I can get us within 50,000 clicks," ship's navigator Ade Nygaard announces in the first episode of SyFy's fascinating space opera "The Expanse." The rest of the freighter Canterbury's crew looks appalled. A working stiff rolls her eyes.

"Oh great, then we'll all be puking in our crash couches while the cargo busts loose and scuttles the ship."

This snippet of dialogue sets up one of the most inventive scenes ever seen on screen in science fiction.

... and, oh, yeah, ... I'm still enjoying the show ... my wife not so much.

Latest Threads