The end of fakes? I doubt it, but it's a start

JPaul

Reaction score
Indeed, the person convicted is a fake. Just as much as the guitars she is alleged to have faked. She will be well looked after by the people who are actually behind it, it's the same the World over.

rhea

Reaction score
Looks some folks are tasting the blood here... rejoicing like little kids... yes, cut that girls head... she's the worst.....oh my , selling(and making) Gibs fakes(!)... which, in some cases are MUSCH BETTER THAN REAL GIBS....just wake up
daycare kids".... why none of You are screeming blood when You buy 60"HD tv made in China under Philips... etc name.... The "much" prized Gibson today made in "good ol' USA" in many cases is inferior to the same one made in China....
Back to Teresa... LiDan... Musoland etc.... She made me a custom (oh sorry folks... name's GIBSON SUPREME..... cost me 350+hard case +shipping by EMS total 500.00US.... solid mahogany body, 1 1/4 " figured maple top, mahogany neck , rose fingerboard... frets finished by ivory binding, all along the neck fingerboard Tree of Life absolutely perfect abalone and MOP inlay, absolutely perfect finish ... at my request Guitar Fetish Dream 180 pups installed, pups cavities, pot cavity shielded with copper tape..... Korean made Grovers, , tuning knobs massive copper with real abalone tops....

The sound... absolutely fabulous.....I could not be happy more....
Also own 8 Antonio Tsai hand made inlay rich LP solid bodies.... all that for 500.00 US.... Here I paid for the instrument..... In Your case, most of You pay for the name... is that machine cut "Gibson" on the head worth that?

Who of You would pay close to 4-5 grand for a " piece of wood" that says that magic word??

And remember one thing... China made wooden musical instruments when US was still a wasteland...

Back to Musoland.... Dan's uncle was the owner of Violin &Guitar shop in Beijing... so there's the answer to all these questions... yes, the picture represents the real Teresa... or any other name that she was using...

I feel really sorry for the young lady who made contribution that will be remembered... and if any of "revenge seekers" owning real Gibs here think that it's a victory.....have to disappoint You folks...Ioffer, Totomart if full of these fakes , and , of quality that really is amazing...for a price of a "sandwich".....

...peace...:)

Sukkoi19

Reaction score
Oh yes we should feel sorry for someone who ripped of countless people. It doesn't matter how it sounded or what the quality was if you advertise it as a Gibby and its not then you've committed fraud and should go to jail. In any case subjectivity aside I highly doubt any of these fakes on average play as nice or sound any where near the real thing.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Looks some folks are tasting the blood here... rejoicing like little kids... yes, cut that girls head... she's the worst.....oh my , selling(and making) Gibs fakes(!)... which, in some cases are MUSCH BETTER THAN REAL GIBS....just wake up
daycare kids".... why none of You are screeming blood when You buy 60"HD tv made in China under Philips... etc name.... The "much" prized Gibson today made in "good ol' USA" in many cases is inferior to the same one made in China....
Uhhhh...NO!
First off? Practice your grammar/spelling skills, and secondly? Buying a Chinese made TV IS NOT the same as buying a Chinese made "Gibson"!

A.) Phillips (and MOST other electronic companies for that matter) has contracts with the factories that produce their TVs so your point is moot on that one! And B.) Putting someone else's name on something that is OBVIOUSLY not their product, and using said name to get people to buy said product is COPYRIGHT/TRADEMARK infringement! Not to mention that by buying said product knowing that it is indeed counterfeit, makes you, or anyone else who buys them willingly, no better than the counterfeiters themselves!
Back to Teresa... LiDan... Musoland etc.... She made me a custom (oh sorry folks... name's GIBSON SUPREME..... cost me 350+hard case +shipping by EMS total 500.00US.... solid mahogany body, 1 1/4 " figured maple top, mahogany neck , rose fingerboard... frets finished by ivory binding, all along the neck fingerboard Tree of Life absolutely perfect abalone and MOP inlay, absolutely perfect finish ... at my request Guitar Fetish Dream 180 pups installed, pups cavities, pot cavity shielded with copper tape..... Korean made Grovers, , tuning knobs massive copper with real abalone tops....
:laugh2::lol: I've see SHIT that looks (and sounds) better than most of these "guitars"! Nuff said on that!

Also own 8 Antonio Tsai hand made inlay rich LP solid bodies.... all that for 500.00 US.... Here I paid for the instrument..... In Your case, most of You pay for the name... is that machine cut "Gibson" on the head worth that?
Actually, yes! They must be doing something right, if the fakers are using the name to get people to by their POS!

Who of You would pay close to 4-5 grand for a " piece of wood" that says that magic word??
You do realize that this site is 99.99% Gibson owners/buyers right?:hmm:

So the answer is...YES!:rolleyes:

And remember one thing... China made wooden musical instruments when US was still a wasteland...
But they weren't putting other companies/people's names on them and selling them as "the real thing"!

Back to Musoland.... Dan's uncle was the owner of Violin &Guitar shop in Beijing... so there's the answer to all these questions... yes, the picture represents the real Teresa... or any other name that she was using...
Answer to all of WHAT questions? I don't care if he owned a cheap clothing store! Would that give him the right to sell counterfeit NIKE shirts, or shoes?

I feel really sorry for the young lady who made contribution that will be remembered... and if any of "revenge seekers" owning real Gibs here think that it's a victory.....have to disappoint You folks...Ioffer, Totomart if full of these fakes , and , of quality that really is amazing...for a price of a "sandwich".....

Made a contribution? Are you FUCKKKIN" kidding me!:shock:

The ONLY contribution that counterfeiters make is to themselves!

And WHO are you exactly?

This isn't about quality/cost! It's about principle!

How would you like it if you created something only to have someone rip you off by selling cheap imitations/knock-offs and soiling your "good" name?!

Are Gibsons expensive? Yes! And it's NOT just because of the name on the HS! It's because of the dedicated people who work their ASSES off producing some of THE finest AMERICAN MADE (WORLD PLAYED) instruments on the planet! It's because at the end of the day, the quality of these instruments is, by far, THE BEST there is! It's because Gibson was/is/always will be a great all-American company, and most people take A LOT of pride in being able to buy products that are [legally] still "Made In USA"!

BTW, is your first name by any chance Dia (get it Dia-rhea), because you seem to talk A LOT of SHIT!

The DUDE

Reaction score

Nice first post...

If the guitars are so awesome, why didn't they just put their own name on them?

dynabite

Reaction score

You joined MLP to pull up a 5 month old post about a counterfeit bust ?? You must be really concerned ! :wow: :applause: :wow:

DesertBurst

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFzRReolm00]YouTube - South Park City Wok Prank[/ame]

EtriX

Reaction score

funny-pictures-cat-calls-you-stupid1.jpg

PINKBITS

Reaction score
Nice first post...

If the guitars are so awesome, why didn't they just put their own name on them?

Great question, and yes, why don't they :hmm:

This should also apply to anyone making high quality "replica" guitars :cool:.

Be proud of your craft and put your own name on them :cool:

I know I am in the minority but IMO if it's not a Gibson, it should not have the Gibson logo.

Latest Threads