The end of fakes? I doubt it, but it's a start

George "M"

Reaction score
Guys, if you'd only know, how many of young and really beautiful girls in China are big dealers of fake watches... And I have to admit - most of the fakes are damn perfect.
Well... Now Stee Li Dan guitars are raritets. Unfortunately she didn't sign her name in pickup cavity...
;)

loneguitar

Reaction score
Great news, you can bet it cost Gibson plenty but, they wouldn't exist at all if there wasn't a market for them, people always want something for nothing.....

siore

Reaction score
Li Dan on Facebook?...

pic.php

Musoland2.jpg

Her?? :shock: I kinda expected a sleazy middle-aged chinese guy.

I'd do her! :naughty:

:laugh2:

TheWellGoodShow

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
*claps hands*

Finally something is being done with counterfeits, now lets start with the hand-bags and clothes market.

gadafi

Reaction score
Be another 20,000 Li Dans to take her place...

I reported an obvious fake on Ebay Downunder last week masquerading as a genuine item and "have to get rid of my baby due to losing my job blah blah blah" - even had a picture of some clown playing it in his socks to add some kind of legitimacy to it. Unbelievably there were already 2 bids on it. Was gone the next day.

Mark H

Reaction score
I wonder where I can get one of these discontinued guitars, they are now sure to sky rocket since they stoped makin em!!

See now how the new social policies China has adapted, like letting women have ALL This Freedom, has turned out (back fired some say) just the way they said it would!!!:wow: The "Capitalist Pig" hunger and lust for persional gain and money, took over this poor young lady's life, where as if things were still the way they were 20 yrs ago, this tragedy could never have happened. Let alone 100 yrs ago, where she wouldn't have even had the time to cook up such a capitalist scheme because all her time would have been used up wrapping her feet up or making ready the home for her husband! A system that worked for 1000's of years in the Orient (sorry I mean Asia) mind you?

And something tells me that some of these guitars may STILL make it to the American market, I'd like to see the video of them being destroyed, ALL 1200 of them, well at least the Gibson/Epi copys. The Fender ones may be better that the guitars coming from south of the border, speaking of south of the boader I would like to say........Oh just forget it, thats a whole nother can of worms......:eek:

Well Im awake now:laugh2:

WoodyTone

Reaction score
"Legit" Chinese guitar makers are just a few years away. They've been taught by the best, and remember that this is how Ibanez started. Same with cars, etc.

typeo -- Congrats on the smoke-three thing. Keep at it!

dspelman

Reaction score
You guys are SOOOO naive. This isn't even going to make a blip in the flow of counterfeits. And if you know much about Chinese , you'll realize that the fact that a chinese woman was indicted for this (and a young one at that) suggests that they don't have the real guy in jail, and that a deal was made. In the end, this is a casual flip-off at Gibson and a temporary pacification attempt.

Mark H

Reaction score
Wow that 2nd one is not to far from me!

Glad I didn't buy that, go for a non UPS pick up and confront the seller about him being a lier.

And I 2nd what has been said here about>> before I joined the MLP forum I had no idea that people were so many making fakes!!?? I was more worried about someone fixing a broken neck and covering it up real good. As a dumb 19 yr old I traded my '78 LP Standard (that I paid for 7 mos off layaway) fro a NICE Hammer Explorer that had a neck repair done on it!!!
So the fake thing just never crossed my mind.

Thanks to all who have schooled us new comers!

marc1kim

Reaction score
This unfortunately will not stop the manufacturer of the counterfits. Li Dan was merely a sales person, the middle man (woman) between the manufacturer and the consumer. To stop the counterfits, the manufacturing facilities need to be shut down. Gibson needs to find out who Li Dan bought her stock of counterfits and shut them down.

Latest Threads