The Ebay "Fraudulant" Listing Thread!

dangerdog

Reaction score
I know, I could tell it was a fake before the picture even loaded.:D

I was just pointing out the various grammical errors that seem to be a staple of ads for fake Gibsons, which are pretty much "cut and paste".:thumb:

There are various different ads (from different sellers), that use the EXACT same descriptions for different models.

That is an American name right?

and he has a feedback as a seller from johnny_30...who has left him feedback!!!

Sounds just fine to me!

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
If you look at all of his feedback it looks like it's all as a buyer, not a seller. Also a red flag to look for when buying anything up there. Sadly looks like 2 folks got screwed on those 2 guitars. Maybe they can make them into clocks...

BillB1960

Reaction score
If you look at all of his feedback it looks like it's all as a buyer, not a seller. Also a red flag to look for when buying anything up there. Sadly looks like 2 folks got screwed on those 2 guitars. Maybe they can make them into clocks...
Yeah there's something hinky about his deals. Looking at the completed auctions and his feedback...something doesn't smell right.

Edit: Now all of his listings have disappeared.

dangerdog

Reaction score
Edit: Now all of his listings have disappeared.
I reported him as "report member".

His feedback was reciprocal with another scammer.

Some of us have the power...I am one of those people.

If you see a fake send it my way...I am pretty good with Gibsons...don't give a crap about Epis... but if I report it, it will get shut down. I won't report unless I am convinced but I can do as I say.

pete1

Reaction score
hi I just found glp standard on ebay uk saying and showing a receipt saying he bought it in 1995 but the guitar wasnt made untill 1997,I am a bit new to the computer world, but I do know how to date a gibson guitar,perhaps some one could take a look and see,and do something as I dont know what to do,but I do know the fraudsters have got to be stopped.Hope this helps someone.

pete1

Reaction score
hi danger dog sorry about not putting item number will do next time.I have since found out that in 94 gibson started there serial numbers differently,the numbers start with 94 at the start because it was there centenial year,so my last post was incorrect I do apolagise you learn something new every day.

Melvieto96

Reaction score
Thanks rockstar232007..,
Nice sharing....
Its existing is becoming very important.I appreciate you for it.
I think it is very helpful to be careful.
Thanks once again.....

Jester 73

Reaction score
" Still up...needs more reports I guess."

Reported. That truss rod cover looks all kinds of wrong too.

Latest Threads