The Ebay "Fraudulant" Listing Thread!

Jakeislove

Reaction score
Gibsun 3 pickups , Custom shop Peter Frampton. | eBay

Granted, it says Gibsun , but he's asking $4600!!
Did you read the listing?

"It lookslike new, not even a single scratch. Incredible White Beauty, Excellent and amazing sound, perfect Gibson replica with 3 Original Hambucker pickups!!! 57 calssic; Bridge pickup, 57classic plus is the Middle pickup and 500T neck pickup. It is a guitar for every guitar player in the World!!!! hardwood case included!!"

Does clearly admitting it is a replica clears him of any hassle with pissed-off buyers?

joesatch

Reaction score

"It lookslike new, not even a single scratch. Incredible White Beauty, Excellent and amazing sound, perfect Gibson replica with 3 Original Hambucker pickups!!! 57 calssic; Bridge pickup, 57classic plus is the Middle pickup and 500T neck pickup. It is a guitar for every guitar player in the World!!!! hardwood case included!!"

Does clearly admitting it is a replica clears him of any hassle with pissed-off buyers?
Dude? $4600? That's a $300 guitar.

Jakeislove

Reaction score
Dude? $4600? That's a $300 guitar.
Not disagreeing that it's a cheap knockoff, only wondering how flexible e-Bay's policies are when it comes to plainly announced fake goods.

The 'Ask seller a question' function has been changed. It may not even be possible to warn people it's a fake.

HOT-BRIT

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just to clear up the problem of all of the multiple "Fake LP on Ebay" threads, here is a thread to post all of the "Fraudulent" listings. This way it will be easier to see them, as they will be in ONE thread.

Just think of it as a "Fake Epiphone Thread", but for Ebay.:thumb:
good idea!!!!!! well done!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOT-BRIT

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

not allowed to sell replica or fake on Ebay it is a trademark infringement, an Ebay violation

mobaar

Reaction score

joesatch

Reaction score
"This is Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Goldtop 56 ' reissue 91. I'm the second owner of this guitar. It has insignificant scratches and edges. In general condition is ok. Sell it because I need money immediate."

:laugh2:
I see wrong fret size (and no nibs). The serial number on the back is a dead giveaway, it's all wrong. The wood grain on the back is a species of Mahogany that's only found in Aisia.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
I see wrong fret size (and no nibs). The serial number on the back is a dead giveaway, it's all wrong. The wood grain on the back is a species of Mahogany that's only found in Aisia.
I know, I could tell it was a fake before the picture even loaded.:D

I was just pointing out the various grammical errors that seem to be a staple of ads for fake Gibsons, which are pretty much "cut and paste".:thumb:

There are various different ads (from different sellers), that use the EXACT same descriptions for different models.

Latest Threads