The Ebay "Fraudulant" Listing Thread!

Mac128k

Reaction score
Fake; the TRC is a dead giveaway.

Larry
I made my case to the owner to help them out but they weren't happy. Told me I was wrong because they had it verified by a Gibson dealer. The serial was what first jumped out to me but it has other issues, too :)

larryguitar

Reaction score
I asked if they knew it was counterfeit, but got no reply.

At this point they're no longer 'innocent' IMHO.

Larry

guyfromoutoftown

Reaction score
ebay scammer has multiple les pauls for 1000 buy it now in Warrington PA. Guarantee the guy is in Russia and wants the money wired.

guyfromoutoftown

Reaction score
I hit buy it now just for the fun of it and the guy claims to be in england. What happened to warrington PA? Ha Ha

DarrellV

Caramel Biscuits! - Wooo!
Premium Member
Reaction score
New to this area, but I found this curious and wanted to share, just in case...

Our fellow forum member @Daniel.S is looking for an 80's Silverbust.

I found one for ridiculously low, around 800 bucks from a seller in Iowa with zero sales history or feedback.

Claims its a rare Silverbust Standard. Pics are of an 83 Custom.

Me thinking he's an old man just wanting to unload it, I let Danial and @HardCore Troubadour know about it.

Looks like it later sold... I move on and am looking for a nice studio with P-90's in it and this pops up as of right now...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Les-Paul/293155969268?hash=item44417518f4:g:xFUAAOSwSe1dL6PB

Another ridiculous low price ($355) , same zero sales history and feedback, this guy claims to be from Dallas Texas!

But this!!!

This is the SAME serial number and the same photo as the last guy in Iowa!

Daniel.S

Reaction score
New to this area, but I found this curious and wanted to share, just in case...

Our fellow forum member @Daniel.S is looking for an 80's Silverbust.

I found one for ridiculously low, around 800 bucks from a seller in Iowa with zero sales history or feedback.

Claims its a rare Silverbust Standard. Pics are of an 83 Custom.

Me thinking he's an old man just wanting to unload it, I let Danial and @HardCore Troubadour know about it.

Looks like it later sold... I move on and am looking for a nice studio with P-90's in it and this pops up as of right now...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Les-Paul/293155969268?hash=item44417518f4:g:xFUAAOSwSe1dL6PB

Another ridiculous low price ($355) , same zero sales history and feedback, this guy claims to be from Dallas Texas!

But this!!!

This is the SAME serial number and the same photo as the last guy in Iowa!

Told you something was odd about it.