The Ebay "Fraudulant" Listing Thread!

Sam54

Reaction score
Looks like one buyer backed out on this one. I asked for straight on shot of the headstock, to which he said "he'd already maxed out his photos". Back is wrong color for a 2011. Truss rod cover looks like it's sitting on the nut. No case. Ignored question about request for paperwork and my concern about a Chibson. Fake?
2011 Gibson Les Paul Gold Top

red_bull

Reaction score
Real beauty here:

"Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960

Product Description

Up for sale is a Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960 Black without case,No Serial number, it is made in Japan.Killer sounding.."

Gibson Lespaul 1960 | eBay

thekennedycurse

Reaction score
First post here y'all! I signed up to shame this craigslist post in Fort Wayne Indiana, but he quickly removed his ad when i confronted him. I love this forum and have been a long time reader, keep it up!

rockinroll

Banned
Reaction score

rockinroll

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone have any intel about people selling "new" Les Pauls, on e-bay but not being Gibson dealers? Where can they get so many "new" ones if they are not Gibson dealers?

NimrodPiles

Reaction score
I HATE cheaters :( What are some the signs that lead you to say "obvious fake Chinese copy"?

ON SECOND THOUGHT, I looked closer at the headstock. Say no more, and mine is an untrained eye.
Such an obvious fake that it is just a joke, wrong switch and tip, incorrect fake Bigsby for starters.

Reported to Ebay.

rockinroll

Banned
Reaction score
Such an obvious fake that it is just a joke, wrong switch and tip, incorrect fake Bigsby for starters.

Reported to Ebay.
EXCELLENT. I'm glad you reported it to flea-bay. Sad thing is, it is still up. I am embarrassed that my eye is not as good as yours :(

rockinroll

Banned
Reaction score
YAY, the listing is off now!!!!! The bad guys lost one!!!!! We can also report forgeries to Gibson as well as flea-bay

davesintexas

Reaction score
I have been gassing for a 335 for some time now and have tried a few. This 333 has appeared, and although it ain't a 335, they do get good press. I have asked a few questions and am waiting for responses.....does this look real?

GIBSON ES 333 ES335 ES 335 semi acoustic guitar | eBay

Steve
Nope,its a Fake. To be a Vintage its gota have some wear. Some where. Plus the Nibs on the ends of the Frets are missing. Dead give a way for a Fake Gibson. Good Luck and always check.

Grey

Reaction score
Nope,its a Fake. To be a Vintage its gota have some wear. Some where. Plus the Nibs on the ends of the Frets are missing. Dead give a way for a Fake Gibson. Good Luck and always check.
Lack of wear and tear is hardly evidence of anything, I have seen 40 year old closet queens in immaculate condition.

swampblues

Reaction score
2015.chero or Cherokee Thomas Do not buy anything from him. Bought a Les Paul Standard on Ebay, turned out it was another persons guitar on Ebay. Got the money and hauled butt. Tied my money up for at least 17 days. Never have been scammed before but live and learn.

honeybender

Reaction score
its a chibson with a made in the usa stamp. that's wrong. even if he is trying to hide the headstock and not say its a Gibson. he knows what it is.

Latest Threads