The Deadliest Global City - according to Chicago media

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Great news Praxis!!! Thanks for the update. I've had my eye on this backdoor
effort for awhile now.

CW

Edit: I guess all that ammo and the AR upper receivers i ordered won't be needed now. Still it's just nice to have around.

It's the lower receivers that you would have to worry about (since they require FFL). As for ammo, there is some bill being attempted for push that would ban online sales of ammo (good luck with that) and 10 round limit on magazines (only blue states have this stupid shit).

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good example.

If said criminals get in an accident and do a lot of damage, or let alone kill someone, they incur criminal charges as well as significant financial burden. It may even land them in jail.

When an uninsured illegal immigrant gets in an accident...

Happened to us:

Two illegals ran a red light and took the front end off our Buick. I chased them to the next light where they got stuck trying to cut through a parking lot. I hemmed them in as a witness from back at the intersection showed up to cover my back.

They fled on foot before the police showed up.

In the back of the car was a Xerox of the driver which I guess he used to buy the car (which was not registered).

The cops never found them even though I spotted them on bicycles the following week and reported their whereabouts.

My insurance company wanted to stick it to me over my uninsured motorist portion of my policy because "How did I KNOW they were uninsured after they fled, and the police never found them?"

MAYBE BECAUSE THE CAR WAS UNREGISTERED!!??!!

$500 later (the deductable) we got a new front end. The two Latino looking males, one of whom had a Xerox with a Latino surname listed (and a local address), were never found.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
We're #1! We're #1!

yeah, it's becoming a sh*t hole.

I hear people talking all the time about how since we're now officially a 'sanctuary city' that crime has gone way up, hit and runs have gone way up, .... I hear many people complaining the city has turned into Mexico in the past couple years.

Gotta admit,...it does seem like the Hispanic population has quadrupled in the past few years.

I just keep my head down and play guitar. I don't care what people do anymore.

It's hard not to hear people talk about it though.

I really want to go to Louisiana or something (more southern, less cold), but my GF won't leave Chicago since her family is here.

Move to Austin. You'll love it! :thumb:

You'd be able to make a decent living teaching, and it has a great music scene. Don't be shackled by proximity to family forever. :)

(Of course, taking the advice of a person going by the online nick of "Skintaster" might not be advisable either....)

MineGoesTo11

Reaction score
Sounds like a rough town.

Malikon's stage setup:

arnenal_inside_burkes_home.jpg

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
ah you've been to my show. Good deal, hope you had fun.

Publius pro tem

Reaction score
We're #1! We're #1!
Yippee!!! :applause:

Wait... :shock:

Oh, yeah. :hmm:

Sorry. :facepalm:

:cool:

yeah, it's becoming a sh*t hole.

I hear people talking all the time about how since we're now officially a 'sanctuary city' that crime has gone way up, hit and runs have gone way up, .... I hear many people complaining the city has turned into Mexico in the past couple years.
The deal-breaker for me, Mal, is the fact that you cannot escape the crime by moving high-end.
You cannot escape the crime by avoiding the South Side, and minding your own business.
You cannot escape the crime by defending yourself, your property, and your family inside.

It's down to luck.

Feel lucky?

Fxck that... :laugh2:

I really want to go to Louisiana or something (more southern, less cold)
Dude, Louisiana is like a whole 'nuther country.
Especially if you get outta the northern part of the state.

Get down around I-10, and you feel like you should have a passport.

There's some cool stuff there, N'awlins is something to see, but you'll probably wanna GTFO.

Of course, if the socio-economic reality of much of Chicago doesn't really bother you...
Lotsa people Down South live very rudimentary lives - houses, cars, food, clothing...
Be prepeared to feel like you're in a 3rd-World Country in some rural areas of Louisiana, Mississippi.

And remember these two words - insects and humidity.
You will NEVER escape either one as long as you are there.

:D

But the cost of living is probably a lot lower, taxes will be for damned sure.
And there are some great people there - but you're already in the Midwest, so...

Skintaster mentioned Austin, I'll second that.
You should check it out sometime, and travel the countryside around there.

It's beautiful.

Fort Worth/Dallas would be a distant second, but you're already used to a huge city so you might think it's cool.

... but my GF won't leave Chicago since her family is here.
Eh, yeah... tough one... :hmm:

Gotta think long-term and Big Picture - is your GF in that picture? :cool: :naughty:

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well I've been up and down the East Coast, so I do want to start exploring the mid-west a bit more.

My girl hates the country though (why she's with me I have no idea.)

I'll be honest I really don't think long term, so I don't know if she's in the picture or not.

I'd like her to be, but the only thing I see in my future is guitar. Everything other then that is a crap shoot.

Latest Threads