- Sep 27, 2008
- Reaction score
Here we go, folks!
The website is up and running! Click on the image above and it should
redirect you to the page.
It has been a long time coming, but we've done it.
The voting system is as follows:
- listen to all the clips before making a decision
- have the voting page open while listening
- rank in order of 1 - 8, 1 being your most favourite sounding set and 8 being the least.
There is a catch/curve-ball, one of the sets was used twice, BUT
in a different guitar. Therefore, there are 8 clips, but 7 pickups.
We have kept all variables constant. We've
used the same pickups, electronics (pots, caps, etc.), and hardware
(strings, pickup heights, etc.). The only difference between the
two guitars are just the actual guitars (wood) themselves.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW ON WHICH TWO SETS OF CLIPS DO YOU THINK HAVE THE SAME
EXACT PICKUPS, BUT ON DIFFERENT WOODS/GUITARS.
This is an attempt to show/settle the debate that the wood and
construction of the guitar can affect the tone despite the exact same
Thank you and please have fun!
And to the winders, thank you for your support and trust!
A BIG THANK YOU TO:
- Rod of Skatterbrane Pickups
- Alex of Wizz Pickups
- James of ReWind Electric Pickups
- Mike of Reilander Custom Guitars and Pickups
- Jeff of Sheptone Guitar Pickups
- Jon of JS Moore (Tone For Days) Guitar Pickups
We will reveal the results at the end of July 2013.