The bike thread

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I found my Zefal HP pump. I paid 99 cents for it. Looks like I can sell it for $20. :hippie: It's hechoed in France.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I mean it goes without saying really.

But I think Pete's right about the dick ripping.

TheX

I am Varna Sankar
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Less than 36 hours till I leave for Bentonville and some amazing mountain biking. They have an Indian place called flavors that has a BUFFET!!!!

Oh hell yeah.

TheX

I am Varna Sankar
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have people in my area that are dead set against e-bikes. I don't get it, I see no issue with them. This Karen/Darin is a piece of shit. Good on the guy on the handicapped enable *bike* for saying fuck you and going by him.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
it's not a competition. Ebikes make it so some people that couldn't ride get to ride.

and even if that weren't the case, fuck the spandex guys that act so crazy and stupid. All the videos I've seen it's always a spandex guy.

and they 'are' allowed on trails., they're bikes.

PeteK

Reaction score
There are trails that specifically say no ebikes. It's like the gubment hasn't really figured out wtf an ebike is so some places they get considered as a motor vehicle. Washington is very much that way. Some local trails here have signs that say no ebikes, though I really doubt anyone would ever enforce it.

My only issue with them is when I ride with friends and they are on ebikes and I'm not, the fuckers are at the top of every hill without a bead of sweat on them acting all put out having to wait for me to actually pedal up the hill

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My buddy in DFW would not be able to bike, if it were not for his e-bike. His knees are shot. The assist that he gets allows him to ride.

integra evan

Reaction score
I'm going to be installing a motor kit on my bike to make it an ebike. 3000w mid drive motor, will have a throttle too. Should be able to get speeds up to about 45 mph. Then will use it to ride to work.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Style VS Power

one has a single 750w rear motor and one battery; top speed around 28mph

the other has two 1000w motors and two batteries, plus puncture resistant tires and a top speed around 36mph and suspension. I mean on paper it's a no brainer, this is the better bike.

one looks fucking awesome

the other (performance wise) IS fucking awesome,.. and has a high top speed..

:hmm:

maaann,... I just don't know. I wish I could get the power of the red one and the looks of the black one

asdf.png

asdff.png

Last edited:

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you tried to "ride" the Red one, you'd be laid up for a week, for sure. Got to have your seat height right, for correct knee bend.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If you tried to "ride" the Red one, you'd be laid up for a week, for sure. Got to have your seat height right, for correct knee bend.

idk, people seem to be riding them ok. And I like that it has suspension and brake light, fenders, space in back to mount a backbag or bag of some kind.

tough decision.

The Mcqueen 750 looks like a really cool old Bobber
but the Grizzly just has a ton of features more than twice the power and battery life. And if I take into account that it comes with things (like the fenders) that I was going to have to buy for the Mcqueen,... it actually comes out to cost less money, for more power.

decisions decisions,... I do like the 'Moar Power!' aspect though, lol.

TheX

I am Varna Sankar
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sitting in my airbnb in Bentonville right now. The drive was only hours. Everything is ready to hit the trails in the morning! wo0t!

Fiat Lux

Reaction score

idk, people seem to be riding them ok. And I like that it has suspension and brake light, fenders, space in back to mount a backbag or bag of some kind.

tough decision.

The Mcqueen 750 looks like a really cool old Bobber
but the Grizzly just has a ton of features more than twice the power and battery life. And if I take into account that it comes with things (like the fenders) that I was going to have to buy for the Mcqueen,... it actually comes out to cost less money, for more power.

decisions decisions,... I do like the 'Moar Power!' aspect though, lol.
It’s got fugly to burn compared to the Wicked Thumb.

I wouldn’t want to be seen riding it....

cheers.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
idk, it's growing on me

14712c4ad9c9fac41325d70a25.jpg

It looks more dirt bike than chopper, but it doesn't look bad and I like the red. It's hard to argue with more than twice the power and battery, dual suspension, and all the other things it has over the chopper styled one.

I keep thinking for the same amount of money would I want a hyundai 4 cylinder that looks cool? Or a a Lexus 8 cylinder that looks less cool but has a hell of a lot more features and power.

Feels like the chopper looks like a motorcycle but this one actually performs like one. In the videos it goes from like 0 to around 37mph in seconds, including up hills. The chopper I don't see going over 25mph and I don't see anyone taking it up hills.

Might have to go with function over form, my area is very hilly.

actually matter of fact I found these videos last night and it tripped me out because he's riding around my town. I was like, "Why does this look so familiar?" .. then he pretty much rode past my house :laugh2:

so.. lots of hills. Enjoy the tour of my town and neighboring town. :laugh2: Totally tripped me out seeing him going around my local roads.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
looks like a lot of fun

now if only the sexy purple haired model came with the bike too :naughty:

1fc62a380658de30c9ed238832.jpg

Latest Threads