The bike thread

TheX

Not a Navy SEAL
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those that want an e-bike that gives an assist but doesn't do the peddling for you. From Momentum Bicycles.

1652131507229.png

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this doesn't break any rules but the kickstarter for the next-gen Foldylock just came out today and if you order it you get like 35% off the price so in the US it adds up to $88. (with shipping price included).

I have the older Red/Black Foldylock and it's been my favorite bike lock so I definitely ordered the new one.

Just thought I'd mention this to anyone interested in getting a new lock. You'll have to google to find the kickstarter but it shouldn't be hard to find.

I have the big Kryptonite chain and the classic foldylock and they've both been good. I don't really trust my bike to just one lock. I want my bike to be as annoying as possible for thieves to try and steal.

TheX

Not a Navy SEAL
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm on my second Hammerhead bike computer...love them.

TheX

Not a Navy SEAL
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I have a few months of riding the new SRAM AXS wireless shifting. I will NEVER go back to a cable again. Shifting is precise and virtually flawless.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally got tired of crawling around when working on my bike. I got a bike work stand.

No, I didn't adhere to my adage, "buy once, cry once". I just couldn't bring myself to spend $275 for the Park Tool stand. It's really great. But, I don't need great to wash the bikes, clean and lube the chains, and do routine maintenance. I just need something so I don't have to bend over, or sit on the floor.

This was the result of my agonizingly laborious research, endless lamenting, and pre-buyers remorse. For $70, it's just fine. I don't need $200 more of fine.

It arrived today and it took all of 10 minutes to unbox, set up and hang my bike.

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

TheX

Not a Navy SEAL
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This would be one hell of a ride.

TheX

Not a Navy SEAL
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally got tired of crawling around when working on my bike. I got a bike work stand.

No, I didn't adhere to my adage, "buy once, cry once". I just couldn't bring myself to spend $275 for the Park Tool stand. It's really great. But, I don't need great to wash the bikes, clean and lube the chains, and do routine maintenance. I just need something so I don't have to bend over, or sit on the floor.

This was the result of my agonizingly laborious research, endless lamenting, and pre-buyers remorse. For $70, it's just fine. I don't need $200 more of fine.

It arrived today and it took all of 10 minutes to unbox, set up and hang my bike.

View attachment 612414
View attachment 612415

View attachment 612416
Not having a bike stand sucks.

Latest Threads