The bike thread

CheopisIV

Copper Slinger
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
A lot of nice rides in here :)
A buddy at work got me interested, got my hooked on Zwift and I ordered my first bike in over 20 years back in 2018, then got sucked into the trainers and now have 3x Wahoo Kickrs in the house (I'm on the V5, my 12 yr old is on the '18 and the '16 is listed for sale atm).

The bike addiction hit me hard. That first road bike was a $600 8spd (Tiagra?) Aluminum jobbie from the UK (cheaper then to import than buy local) but it didn't scratch the itch. I tried a Chinese Carbon frame but it had to go for fear I'd die and I started going further and further down the rabbit hole. Here's the current selection.

1984 Bianchi Squadra, rebuilt with modern 105. Columbus Steel
Bianchi.jpg

1998 Litespeed Tuscany Titanium, 105 build
LTS.jpg

2012 Specialized Tarmac Pro Ultegra build and CSC carbon wheels (not ZIPP)
Tarmac.jpg

2017 Felt IA10 Di2 More CSC Wheels
Felt.jpg

2019 Merlin Malt G1x Gravel build (LOOOOVE this bike!) My son's Trek KRX in the foreground
Gravel.jpg

2011 Canfield Yelli Screamy Hardtail (my son has a matching one in Blue)
2014 Trek Fuel EX9 Full Suspension
2012 Specialized Tarmac Elite
MTB.jpg

And most recent addition still waiting on parts, 2019 Orbea Avant Di2
Orbea.jpg

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
At our previous place I had them hung on our garage ceiling. This apartment was supposed to have bicycle storage, but the place was a mess. No way I'd store our bikes there. So normally they are tucked in behind the couch. I pulled em out for this shot. I've got my trail bike setup for running around the city grabbing lunch and stuff. I much prefer riding it around town. Not too much longer before they'll have a home in a garage again.

20210504_082438 mlp.jpg

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't understand these bikes that have seats like 3 feet higher than the handlebars. That doesn't look comfortable at all.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Reaction score
I don't understand these bikes that have seats like 3 feet higher than the handlebars. That doesn't look comfortable at all.
It's an athletic posture vs a comfort posture. For really grinding on a bike ride, it is better. For just cruising around, not so much.

Also for better power, one's knee should be at a right angle when seated and the pedal in the top position. That puts the leg fully extended on the down stroke too. Best power. Of course for cruising that is not so important.

That trail bike I have has too long a seat post for me to drop it any more, which I'd like to do for city cruising. I might get a shorter one, but then it would be technically not in the best position.

I also took all my clips off and put on "normal" non-clip pedals. Clips really help with power too, but I think those bike riding day are behind me.

Stinky Kitty

Reaction score
At our previous place I had them hung on our garage ceiling. This apartment was supposed to have bicycle storage, but the place was a mess. No way I'd store our bikes there. So normally they are tucked in behind the couch. I pulled em out for this shot. I've got my trail bike setup for running around the city grabbing lunch and stuff. I much prefer riding it around town. Not too much longer before they'll have a home in a garage again.

View attachment 535433
Dig that basket :thumb:

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Reaction score
I was just throwing the bags over the handle bars, but I finally got tired of that and broke down and got the basket.

:laugh2:

The contents get shaken up a bit, but the boxes fit great!

(damn uploading pics sucks ... I've shrunk this pic to like 25% of its size and still too large) working on it....

... f'n finally!!!! :mad:

1620145378961.png

Last edited:

Latest Threads