The bike thread

integra evan

Reaction score
Yea, reminds me of my old Yamaha cafe racer I had in the late 70s. Luckily that one got stolen before it killed me! :cool: It was this bike bored out to a 250 and stripped to the bone.

Great bike, but riding a motorcycle around here is scary, with blind drives everywhere and folks that don't look out for motorcycles (or bicycles). It was really fun to blast around the reservoir though. That thing hauled ass and handled really well.

Edit

So looking at my old bike made me want to look for end of summer deals on Craigslist (this time of year you can usually find some good bargains). This thing came up and I can afford it. Might have the guy ride it here and I'll drive him home, as I need to get a new bike license. Hmmmmm....

Someone talk me out of it!! :cool:

@TheX - thanks for all the likes! :wave:
giphy.gif

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
this is such a neat find!

I love those old war era motorcycles, they have such a distinct look.

(I know I know not a "Bike" but... this is the best 2 wheels thread on the board)

bungle

Reaction score
Got my warranty bike lined up. Very lucky my bud owns the bike shop. November instead of next spring! F U sars c19. Supply on bikes like many other things is crazy.
s1600_photo_812781.jpg

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The dual motors and dual batteries are great. I was hitting 35mph easily and it goes up steep hills easily without slowing down. It's pretty amazing.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow!

so cool…

More pics?

cheers.
20211013_172403-1.jpg

(this is before I added the new parts and had the headlight way too high.)

20211014_111907-1.jpg

20211014_114449-1.jpg

20211014_144639-1-1.jpg

All the mods and everything are done here. I switched the stock 'T' bars to a more old school BMX type of handlebar. They're wider and lower and feel more comfortable. Added mirrors and new grips. The faux leather grips it came with sort of sucked.

The pedals, handlebars, stem (with spider), and mirrors I added.
The blue rim tape and all the bags I added.
I might get a different headlight but for right now that one will work.

I'm not crazy about mirrors on handlebars (visually), but I hate not being able to see behind me or in my blind spots, so mirrors it is.

Last edited:

Latest Threads