The bike thread

PeteK

Reaction score
Wood features mess with a lot of people's heads.
The narrow line through the trees is what would mess with mine. How he got through that without hitting his handlebars is pretty damn impressive! I've ate dirt more than once on a far wider opening by accidently clipping a bar end on a tree.

TheX

Dirka Dirka
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The narrow line through the trees is what would mess with mine. How he got through that without hitting his handlebars is pretty damn impressive! I've ate dirt more than once on a far wider opening by accidently clipping a bar end on a tree.
Tree gates are an acquired taste.

TheX

Dirka Dirka
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, new shoes day. Love the BOA system on the new Pearl Izumi shoes. The Five Tens served me well.

1630864942102.png

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
We drive down to Lewes DE today to ride the bike trails. We parked at the Cape May - Lewes Ferry terminal, since our plan was to begin and end the loop there -- then take the ferry over to Cape May as part of our return home journey.

it was a great day and the weather was perfect - cool in the morning and only got up to 78 in the afternoon. There was a pretty stiff breeze all day, too. Riding into it was challenging, at times.

The combined trails from Lewes to Rehoboth and back was just over 20 miles. The Gordons Pond trail was far and above the best ride. We rode that trail south to Rehoboth. We stopped there for lunch and returned to Lewes on the Junction Breakwater trail. That trail was meh. A boring ride through neighborhoods and some forest, before a stretch on the highway back to the Ferry terminal.

When we do it again, we'll travel both ways on the Gordons Pond trail, stopping to enjoy the scenery along the beach.

After a 90 minute crossing of the Delaware Bay on the ferry, we drove up the Parkway to Ocean City. Bike are permitted on the boardwalk at all times after Labor Day, so we rode up and back the entire 5 mile length, before stopping for pizza and ice cream - LOL.

We drove home from there. It was a long day, but a fun one.

Next time, we will drive to Cape May and enjoy the day there, have dinner and spend the night. The next morning we'll park at the Ferry terminal there and only cross with our bikes. We can get an early start and have more time for the trails in DE and hanging out in Rehoboth. Then, we'll come back across and drive home.

Here's a vid of the crossing and our jaunt on the Ocean City, NJ boardwalk.

TheX

Dirka Dirka
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picking up a set of Reserve 30 SL carbon wheels. Laced with I9 Hydra hubs they come in at $1.899.00. Lifetime warranty. If I break a wheel, I get a new one free.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Picking up a set of Reserve 30 SL carbon wheels. Laced with I9 Hydra hubs they come in at $1.899.00. Lifetime warranty. If I break a wheel, I get a new one free.
Very nice... however,

For two dimes they should send a 22yo blonde in a tube top and hot pants to install them for you, and blow them up (and blow you, too) every week. :laugh2:

DarthPaul

Reaction score
This will be here on Monday.

View attachment 561340
Yeah... my older brother is like you. He spends thousands and thousands on bikes (and home theater equipment). When I told him about my recent BMX purchases, he laughed and said, "Don't you feel embarrassed going down to the mailbox on that thing?"
He's probably around the same age as you, I'm guessing - he and my other older brother are 9-10 years older than me. They had 10 speeds when I was riding my trusty Huffy BMX... not a different generation, but a different "enjoyment", perhaps.
Anyways, my MTB older brother in TX keeps telling me that he's going to send one of his old bikes up here... we'll see. I'm not too keen on the idea of being "locked in" and my feet not touching the ground.
Enjoy your forks though!
I'm hoping to hit the local park with this beast this weekend!
20210917_222439.jpg

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
hawaii is modding their ebikes to go like 90mph and racing them at night..

pretty cool

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I want an Onyx or a Huck, they go 50-60mph, but you'd have to really modify the bike and controller to hit 90. I'm impressed with what they've done. It looked like Sur-Rons and Super 73's in the crowd and races.

I can't imagine it's good for the bike long-term. That's a lot of torque and stress on the wheels and spokes, frame, etc.

Latest Threads