The biggest trolls almost never talk guitars? (my trolling for trollers thread)

FUS44

Reaction score
I can't believe I missed a discussion of Black Flag nestled in this troll thread.

Still one of my favorite bands after all these years. I'm old enough,and was fortunate enough to see them in the 80's with Hank as the singer, and it was a great show.

I've met the guy a few times, and he's generally ok in a sarcastic sort of way. I also lived with Chris Gates from The Big Boys, and he knows almost all of the major players from the first wave US hardcore scene, and has a lot of funny stories about HR... Some not too bad, but others aren't particularly pleasant.

My take is I can handle ALL of the band's singers, though Dez was probably my least favorite for some reason. I figure ANY Black Flag is better than 99% of the rest of the stuff I'll hear, and can appreciate it all.

Guess I should go polish my tattoo of the bars tonight. :D

They played a youth center locally when I was 13. There were kids everywhere. kids just skating everywhere, going nuts. I had to hitch a ride with a friend and lie to my parents to get there. I didn't get in, but listened from outside. I remember seeing them outside all long haired and sweaty.
It was an awesome happening and left a lasting memory. That kind of steered me away from the arena and to anywhere else that had shows.

i didn't get to truly experience the 80's; I was just a bit young to see the first wave. Minor threat and the Misfits, my two faves other than BF, were gone. But thankfully, SST had a tremendous roster. I used to send money away and a few weeks later your records would show up. You'd spend hours looking at the cover art or reading liner notes just being blown away. Then I was old enough to drive, Husker Du broke up! At least Dinosaur, minus Lou, was still around. Then the whole 90's happened. The best thing was, for a brief moment, original music was king. I saw Crystal Roxx (east coast cover band) get booed of the stage for playing hair metal. It felt like the scene in the perefect storm where they see the sun and think they might make it.
only to be hit by a giant wave of suck.............

slapshot

Reaction score
i'd have given anything to see husker du live at any time ever.
my introduction to them was land speed record

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
i'd have given anything to see husker du live at any time ever.
my introduction to them was land speed record

I was a latecomer to the Du, but Bob Mould is one of my favorite songwriters ever. The only album of theirs I ever owned, Warehouse, was too long, it should have been a single album, but goddamn, it was a buzzsaw of an album.

slapshot

Reaction score
Candy.Apple.Grey & Metal Circus e.p

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoKeH7JYE48[/ame]

Latest Threads