The BFG Les Paul Buy

kelvin

Reaction score
This would be my first Gibson guitar. I will be ordering online. Is it wise to do so as i will not be able to inspect n test the guitar first or can i trust Gibson's Quality Inspection? :confused:
Have you guys/gals had any troubles with online orders???

Reaction score
Nice buy. I think if i was ordering online, i would trust Gibson. Gibson is the only brand i would trust, maybe fender too if they even have an online thing going on ( i wouldnt know i hate fender). I cant really say if ive had trouble with online orders because everything i get is at the house of guitars, which is only an hour from my house. I love it there:D

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I won't buy something that I haven't played - or I haven't yet, anyways. If you don't have a Gibson dealer anywhere near you, I guess you'll have no choice though? Nothing is 100%, and my shop sends guitars back to Gibson from time to time. I guess you don't have to worry about cosmetics much on a BFG. Best of luck! Odds are it'll work out just fine.

Lyrica

Songwriting Machine
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
the warranty on my goddess says that damage due to shipping is not covered. i would buy the guitar from a place like MF or sweetwater. i've never bought from them, but i think they have guarantees that allow you to send it back for just about any reason. at least that way you'll be protected.

loaded six string

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ive bought several guitars from musicians friend and only had one damaged. It was shipped damaged, apparently something that got put back into there inventory that shouldn't have. Anyway, I called them as soon as I got it and they shipped out a replacement no questions asked. Just stick to a reputable mail order co.

kelvin

Reaction score
I have played the BFG before and i really liked it. It's just that my local shop here is selling the guitar for a much higher price than what i can get it online for. Plus he's not giving me the Gibson carrying case. I guess they keep it to resell or something. Instead he's ggiving me the Epiphone case. That's why i prefer to buy it online from the good ol' U.S of A. :)

Reaction score
dude try zzsounds.com I bought an amp from them and one of light was only wprking sometime called them and they sent me another without charging my card and a full paid return shipping on the other ,really easy. they guarentee you will be satisfied. just go for it!!it will be mint

LongBeach

Reaction score
I've had 100% good luck ordering guitars on-line. (new)
But I would think any reputable company will take it back
if it arrives damaged, or, with factory issue's.
I know GC & Musicians Friend do. Bummer is, you have to pay for the shipping.

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
dude try zzsounds.com I bought an amp from them and one of light was only wprking sometime called them and they sent me another without charging my card and a full paid return shipping on the other ,really easy. they guarentee you will be satisfied. just go for it!!it will be mint

+1...good company.

:fingersx:

Post pics when you get it!

BB

loaded six string

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've had 100% good luck ordering guitars on-line. (new)
But I would think any reputable company will take it back
if it arrives damaged, or, with factory issue's.
I know GC & Musicians Friend do. Bummer is, you have to pay for the shipping.
Most places, at least musicians friend and american musical supply offer free shipping in the usa, thats a bonus, plus no sales tax. So, if you can find a good price on there equal to what a local dealer is selling for, then give the mail order a shot, sometimes it's a lot cheaper.

Reaction score
zzsounds you wont have to pay for ship!

loneguitar

Reaction score
Kelvin, most internet companies give a generous time to try out your new lady, if for some reason you're dissatisfied contact them for a return authorization # and send her back, can't go wrong IMO

LongBeach

Reaction score
Just to clarify my post on this thread.
When I said: "It's bummer you will have to pay for shipping"
I meant that if you have to send it back due to damage, etc. you
have to pay to ship it back. sorry for the confusion

Latest Threads