The amazing Les Paul Studio

classicbronco

Reaction score
Not only budget players, but some of these studios look better than their standard/classic siblings! I think sometimes the binding distracts from a beautiful top.

Mighty_Moe

Reaction score
My '94...smooth when needed, very dirty when asked to be. Capable of everything from Les Paul to Nine Inch Nails and all points in between.

Attachments

Macronaut

Reaction score
Love my early 2011 faded studio. I've swapped about everything on it except for the nut and tuners, but this is the one I'll never get rid of.

If I ever run across one that looks like this one and it feels good, I will not hesitate to snap it up. I love this top! :thumb:

scozz

Reaction score
I love Studios and this one is gorgeous!! :thumb:

My 2006 Studio. Changed out the pickups to Dimarzio 36th Anniversary PAFs, and nickel hardware.

Before and after...

Telstar

Reaction score
I want a 2016 in Red Rocker sooo bad! Man o man o man!

Burst Boy

Reaction score
I have nicer guitars. I have more expensive guitars. But this humble 2000 studio rocked my world this weekend. It did everything I asked of it, from sweet cleans to over the top screaming solos. I don't know how it does it but, it really delivers the goods. Even my wife knows this guitar when I'm practicing and she's in the other room. "Your playing the red one you got from Jason, aren't you?" It's her favorite of my 16 guitars.

The only thing not original is the cream plastic and knobs.
What pups does it have? I have a 2010 Faded Brown with BB Pros and it's a very versatile guitar. Does what you describe. Took me a while to get used to the pups but now I love 'em. I also have a 2010 '50s Tribute Studio LP with P90s. Another great guitar. I love me some Studio for sure. I also have a 2012 Trad which is an awesomely nice instrument in every way but the Studios get played more mainly 'cause they don't weigh a ton and have thinner bodies.

sci

Reaction score
Some really nice guitars here. My 2016 Studio - the top guitar I have :D

Attachments

Ronaldo

Reaction score
OP,
The title of your thread tells it all..
The amazing Les Paul Studio.
I was very close to purchasing a new LP standard but then my son who has been playing for a long time said, dad save your cash and look for a used LP Studio.
Didn't say what year just a used one.
So I found this one a 2006.
After some fret work and cosmetic changes (the pic does not show the matching white poker chip) I now have a very playable LP that I'm not kidding brings out of me some of my best picking!
I've been playing since 2014.
A very inspiring axe.

Attachments

Javiersson

Reaction score
I agree, the title couldn't be better. My only LP is a 2014 Studio. Despite all I have read aboth the non-standard features, I must say that I am 100% happy with it. I get all I wand from it, sonically speaking. And the maple neck is very stable, comfortable and fast (60's slim taper profile).

You can check my album for pics.

tolm

Bigsby Junkie
Reaction score
Here, here - all hail the humble Studio!

I've had a number of LPs - Studios, Standards and even Historics. My current Les Paul is a 2004 Studio Plus that I've actually bought twice: initially from a shop in the US via eBay and again after I'd regretted trading it in at a local store. That second time I had them pop in some "mystery" Sheptone PAF-style humbuckers which they had from another PX deal. Neither I nor the tech there know the model (possibly BK or Blue Sky) but they sound absolutely stellar and this thing plays better than both my Gibson Memphis 335 (just) and standard USA Firebird (by a fair distance) too. I'll admit to pimping up the looks a little but Gibson really knocked it out of the park with this one.

HEADKNOCKER

Banned
Reaction score
Roger that on the Studio Lites!!
The studio LP M-III gets a lot of use & sounds fantastic..

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

My 1994 Studio Lite M-III which just has so many tonal options
The Blueshawk, Nighthawk & The Hawk still see use mostly because of their scale length..

JoDo

Reaction score
Love my early 2011 faded studio. I've swapped about everything on it except for the nut and tuners, but this is the one I'll never get rid of.

Gotta be honest here. I was leisurely scrolling through this thread and this photo stopped me dead in my tracks. Beautiful.

tolm

Bigsby Junkie
Reaction score
Classy looking tuning pegs there! :thumb: